http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2011/11/11/be-in-the-audience-for-red-dwarf-x/
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I was started to get worried about this. I can't wait for it to come out.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:29 am

It's interesting that they're treating the fictional Series IX mentioned in Back to Earth as real and calling this X. Honestly, I would really like to have seen what happened after the closing bit of Series VIII.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bret_owen99

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:26 pm

well, I'm betting the real reason they never showed it, and won't, is Chloe Annete. She only had a guest role in "Return to Earth", and she would have been in IX (untill she left). I'm just wondering if they can get Hattie Hayridge back as Holly. Norman Lovett said he didn't want to be contacted ever again (on the "Return to Earth" commentary it was explained, sadly). I like Holly, and hope they bring the character back.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 am

Calixar wrote:
It's interesting that they're treating the fictional Series IX mentioned in Back to Earth as real and calling this X. Honestly, I would really like to have seen what happened after the closing bit of Series VIII.

Or, Back to Earth itself is being considered as Series 9 (despite the fictional series 9 being referred to in BTE).

I suspect the real reason they didn't want to do a series 9 was so they could get out of having to tie up that ridiculous cliff-hanger they ended series 8 on, 10 years after the fact. So much easier to do all that with a few throwaway lines of dialogue in BTE.

I thought the real reason Chloe only had a small part in BTE was to provide an unexpected surprise, given the whole "series 9" stuff (those who have seen this will know, so I can avoid throwing in spoilers), not availability or anything. Budget might have been a consideration, too, as this is for a small cable channel rather than the BBC. I suspect she'd love to be involved if there's budget and if she were to be available.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 pm

I could be wrong, but I thought she (Chloe) lived in America now with her husband and kids. They flew her over for Back to Earth, but I dont' know if she could do anything long term, like a series.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new series. If you watched Back to Earth, and know about all the money ordeals they had to go through, it turned out great. Proves even today you don't need a huge budget to have a great story. All you need is a good story-teller, and great actors, and Back to Earth had both.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 pm

I lost track of this show years ago. And didn't really mind. I suppose I am biased as the PBS stations in Tampa removed Doctor Who (before they got McCoy's episodes) and replaced it with Red Dwarf. So, if there is not Cat, Rimmer or Lister, I would be lost.
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:03 am

Stoke Me A Clipper, They'll Be Back (filming) By Christmas!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

RED DWARF X Empty
PostSubject: Re: RED DWARF X   RED DWARF X EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 am

Ronpur wrote:
I lost track of this show years ago. And didn't really mind. I suppose I am biased as the PBS stations in Tampa removed Doctor Who (before they got McCoy's episodes) and replaced it with Red Dwarf. So, if there is not Cat, Rimmer or Lister, I would be lost.

Consider yourself lucky, PBS axed Red Dwarf here in 1991, and axed Doctor Who a year later, to replace it with Charlie Rose, or some other political stuff. tongue And PBS only showed Red Dwarf for a short time in 2002 over here.
Back to top Go down

RED DWARF X
Page 1 of 1