jaredofmo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Good bye, Confidential Empty
PostSubject: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 am

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/09/doctor-who-confidential-axed.html

Sounds like the final episode of Doctor Who Confidential will air this weekend.

Kind of sad, the behind the scenes stuff was cool.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:04 am

I didn't really ever watch it, but when IU did I enjoyed it. It's alwayus fun seeing the cast mess around back stage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 am

I guess I would be more disappointed if I didn't just get to see edited versions of this show as part of the bonus materials on the DW season sets. I have always thought that was a major rip off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 pm

I never watched confidential -

We still have Doctor Who on TV - so - Is the glass half empty of half full?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:23 pm

It has seamed that they have struggled to fill 45 minutes lately. I mean, Karen driving the race car and Arthur swimming with sharks hardly had anything to do with behind the scenes of the show. But, I will miss learning who the people responsible for the show are, and confidential did a great job of showing us them.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

I've never really watched Dr Who Confidential because I've always prefered not knowing how it's all done. It's a similar reason to why I don't usually watch Special Features on DVDs.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm

I loved the show during the 9th & 10th Doctors run. Watched it right after each episode and never missed one until Series 5 started. I've got unedited copies of every episode up til then and still watch them occasionally.

I thought the music videos were really well done and the show was instrumental in getting my kids interested in the Classic Doctors.

Too bad for those who still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 pm

NONE of you watch it? I watch Confidential every week and am sad by this news. I usually find it fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Is it even shown in BBCA?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
NONE of you watch it? I watch Confidential every week and am sad by this news. I usually find it fascinating.

Like I said, I prefer not knowing how something was done. That way, I can still enjoy the "Magic" of a moment in a film without thinking "They did it in such and such a way..."
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm

As a film maker I loved Confidential because I love the Making of Documentaries on shows and movies. But the past few years it's been less about how they did than it used to be.

I do like the way Matt, Karen and Arthur joke around with Confidential, but things like that can be seen on the DVD extras I'm sure. So dad news, but sadly not going to be fully missed by me. If it were on I'd still watch it, but I won't lose any sleep now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I only watch it either clips on YT or DVDs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 pm

CGren123 wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Like I said, I prefer not knowing how something was done. That way, I can still enjoy the "Magic" of a moment in a film without thinking "They did it in such and such a way..."

Totally agree with you on this point. The behind the scenes footage sometimes kills the magic for me too.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Confidential was excellent for its first two series. In each one, they focused on telling a complete story, whether it was overcoming obstacles to filming the episode, or making the transition from script to screen. After that, they just became more like e-press kits for the episodes. The first ten minutes or so of your average Confidential nowadays are a complete waste of time, as they basically just summarize the plot of the episode you just watched.

I will say, however, that I really enjoyed the recent surreal Confidential (can't even remember which episode it corresponds to, which is saying something right there) where they had these long excerpts of Matt, Karen, and Arthur just hanging out in a tent. They had the craziest, funniest conversation, and you could tell they just enjoyed hanging out together. Arthur suggested it would be cool if monkeys could combine, like in a Japanese cartoon, to form a giant Mega Monkey -- that's the kind of stuff that came out of that conversation!

And what -- no love for Totally Doctor Who?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 pm

happydalek wrote:

I will say, however, that I really enjoyed the recent surreal Confidential (can't even remember which episode it corresponds to, which is saying something right there) where they had these long excerpts of Matt, Karen, and Arthur just hanging out in a tent. They had the craziest, funniest conversation, and you could tell they just enjoyed hanging out together. Arthur suggested it would be cool if monkeys could combine, like in a Japanese cartoon, to form a giant Mega Monkey -- that's the kind of stuff that came out of that conversation!

And what -- no love for Totally Doctor Who?

Yes! I think that was for 'The Almost People', if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 am

Good bye, Confidential David-Tennant-as-Hamlet-002

jfh1970 wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Totally agree with you on this point. The behind the scenes footage sometimes kills the magic for me too.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 am

kcooper76 wrote:

I watch it. I also watched Torchwood:Declassified. And Totally Doctor Who
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Ronpur wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

I watch it. I also watched Torchwood:Declassified. And Totally Doctor Who

Oh I watched Totally Doctor Who! Ha, that was fun. Slightly patronising though but aren't most kids shows?
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:27 pm

I'll always love Totally Doctor Who for being the BBC (!) program that taught millions of children across Britain that the actor who played the Third Doctor was:
Good bye, Confidential Tdw1
...and that the actor who played the Fifth Doctor was:
Good bye, Confidential Tdw2
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Good bye, Confidential   Good bye, Confidential EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 pm

I just saw a news report (more of a tabloid, really) that the xmas special Confidential was made before the show was axed... but it will not be aired.

LINK
Back to top Go down

Good bye, Confidential
Page 1 of 1