Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 pm

The new seasons of Doctor Who are definitely better than the old in every way possible!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 pm

That is your opinion. That's all I'm gonna say about that rather bold statement.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:37 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
That is your opinion. That's all I'm gonna say about that rather bold statement.

Heh, agreed.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Heh, agreed.

I stand by this statement.
Back to top Go down
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Well what are your opinions then?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:01 pm

See my response to your own "Matt Smith - Good or Bad for Who" thread. I think I pretty well explained things there. I'm not gonna get into an argument about which one is "better in every way possible." It's riduculous.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

For me, the look and pacing of new Who came up to date. The show hasn't changed that much.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:30 pm

It is like comparing apples and oranges. They are different, and I like them both. Sometimes I want an apple, sometimes and orange. Technically, the new episodes have better effects and production values, but to say new is better than old in every way is just outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:34 pm

I like the current production values. That's the only real plus for me comparing it to classic Who. I can put the classic series ahead of Nu Who just on the basis of doing away with the serial format and largely ignoring classic series continuity as they choose.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 pm

doctorwhofan11 wrote:
The new seasons of Doctor Who are definitely better than the old in every way possible!

As a Psychiatric Nurse of over 15yr, it is my expert medical opinion that you are clearly wrong & I would suggest that you go & sit down with a cold cloth over your head & have a rethink on your recent delusional state! Smile
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:04 pm

workstinx wrote:
doctorwhofan11 wrote:

As a Psychiatric Nurse of over 15yr, it is my expert medical opinion that you are clearly wrong & I would suggest that you go & sit down with a cold cloth over your head & have a rethink on your recent delusional state! Smile

As a student Adult Nurse, I agree with this opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 pm

CGren123 wrote:
workstinx wrote:
doctorwhofan11 wrote:

I guess I can add my MA in Clinical Psychology in the mix too Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
workstinx wrote:
doctorwhofan11 wrote:

I guess I can add my MA in Clinical Psychology in the mix too Razz

Motion carried! Razz
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:03 pm

New Who never had Sutekh, so it cannot be better than classic Who in this respect. Classic Who never had Slitheens so it's superior to new Who in this respect.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Classic Who never had Slitheens so it's superior to new Who in this respect.

lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 pm

And nuWho never had Pertwee!!!!

And, unfortunately, never will.....Sad
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Well, we got to see some clips of Pertwee...

But it also (in the same capacity) didn't have TROUGHTON!

It did get Davison, though...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Actually, it did have Troughton....David Troughton. I suppose we could get Sean Pertwee someday.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:26 am

It did bring back Sarah - and she got her own show...!

Last edited by SeaDevil on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:26 am

And we got Captain Jack and Torchwood cheers
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:14 am

Ronpur wrote:
And nuWho never had Pertwee!!!!

And, unfortunately, never will.....Sad

it could if lucas got ahold of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:46 am

for me its all who i dont see a differance, im just thankfull its still on the air and i can still enjoy my favorite character of all time! pun intended. for me tom baker is my doctor and my favorite who will always be from 74 to 81 baby! oh you think the new guys are so tough huh, lets see one of these new guys go 7 years for toms record and then you can talk to me. heck do 5 and take pertwees reign if you dare Very Happy but for the record i think all the new docs have been brilliant. and i have really enjoyed what rtd and the moff have brought to the table. i was thinking about what bretowen said comparing moff to cartmel and to an extent i think he was on the money. the more ive been watching moff here lately and thinking about it hes really just resting everything back to the begining, ie making daleks pure again, and giving back the doc the sense of real mortal danger, ie death to reset alot of the danger that jnt took out buy beating to death that the doc had so many more regenerations thus eliminating any real sense of danger you feel happening to him. i for one am loving matts interpretation of the doctor and the new stories. buy hey like i said im just happy to see my fav show. the thing that really cool is how many teenagers and children who are in my life love the show and in the end thats what its really all about and i think moff is doing a good job for alot of them, scary not withstanding. jk scary Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:48 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
New Who never had Sutekh, so it cannot be better than classic Who in this respect. Classic Who never had Slitheens so it's superior to new Who in this respect.

New Who never had Sutekh....YET :p
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:57 am

But NuWho DID have Gabriel Wolff, the voice behind Sutekh, so that's something.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Classic VS. New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic VS. New   Classic VS. New EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 am

Doctor Who is Doctor Who. It phases me how people can 'prefer' parts of it and hate others. It is, in my mind, pathetic.

I've grown up with NuWho and I love it. I've watched a lot of classics and I love them all. Know why? Cos it's all the darn same.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

Classic VS. New
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next