20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Lucas is at it again - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Calixar wrote:

yeah, if Han shoots first it would make him look like a pirate or something...

Scoundrel.....

Drug runner...
BAMF...
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:00 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Calixar wrote:

Scoundrel.....

Drug runner...
BAMF...

Nerfherder
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Who North America wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Calixar wrote:

Scoundrel.....

Drug runner...
BAMF...

Nerfherder

Scruffy Looking.....
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Who's scruffy looking?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs8D6zwQhxs&feature=player_detailpage#t=132s
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:06 am

happydalek wrote:
hitman hart wrote:
i just never felt like they did a good job of taking anikan from the little boy to vaderhood, i just never felt any real plot or character development that justified him turning so completly evil that he could kill jedi children.

Lucas is at it again - Page 6 Swcomic

love it. i thought this was the other one that looked similar to this one at first, i used to have that one on my refridgerator for ever. Very Happy

Last edited by hitman hart on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 am

i never got it but i aways wanted to watch the bootleg fan edited episode one they used to sell at conventions that claimed to remove 90 percent of jar jar from the movie. lol
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:07 am

hitman hart wrote:
i never got it but i aways wanted to watch the bootleg fan edited episode one they used to sell at conventions that claimed to remove 90 percent of jar jar from the movie. lol

The Phantom Edit? The didn't really remove Jar-Jar a lot. They dubbed a new alien language for his voice with subtitles, making him seem almost Jedi-like in his intelligence. It was very well done. Some of his clumsy scenes were removed, but by the end, Jar Jar looked like a hero.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Ronpur wrote:
hitman hart wrote:

The Phantom Edit? The didn't really remove Jar-Jar a lot. They dubbed a new alien language for his voice with subtitles, making him seem almost Jedi-like in his intelligence. It was very well done. Some of his clumsy scenes were removed, but by the end, Jar Jar looked like a hero.

its been a while since i saw one for sale, maybe it was jar jar is 90 percent less annoying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Ronpur wrote:
That sounds pretty cool, going to have to find myself a copy of it.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 pm

I have the first Phantom Edit that ever came out, and I enjoyed it a lot... there are actually Phantom Edit Edits that fans did subsequently, continually improving on the first Phantom Edit! Jar Jar was a big surprise; I agree with Ronpur, and I actually like the character of Jar Jar in the Phantom Edit. In the submarine scene early in the film (when they're escaping from the giant piranha), it is hinted that Jar Jar is a Force-sensitive being when his subtitled dialogue mentions that "he feels a Disturbance...".

So who's going to be the first to give us a review of the Blu-Ray Star Wars set?
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

i would love to have given a review of the original star wars blu rays. i got caught up in star wars fever from this thread and when i saw the new changes i thought, they werent that bad and even kinda neat compared to the other ones that were done, and ronpur got me excited about luke building his light saber and all the new deleted scenes and what not, but then when i got to best buy i was sorry to discover that you can only get these things when you shell out 80 bucks on the 9 disc set which will retail for over 120 dollars once the intro sale ends and i'm sorry but the buck literally has to stop somewhere! ive already bought over 4 sets of the originals from vhs to dvd and i bought the new ones once and that was enough! to be honest the rampent greed, the refusal of lucas to give us a bonus copy of the original non special edition with the blu ray set, and my overall fatigue with the line in general is just starting to wear on me and piss me off, so i'm gonna go watch fanboys on blu ray instead and remember what it was like to be a star wars fan before it became the most ridulous circus in greed and hubirs ive ever scene. lucas will never get my money again until he corrects these issues. having said that, i hope anyone who gets it and loves it continues to love it, i'm not trying to bring anyone down, i'm just sick of it so im throwing in the towel.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:05 pm

hitman hart wrote:
i was sorry to discover that you can only get these things when you shell out 80 bucks on the 9 disc set which will retail for over 120 dollars once the intro sale ends and i'm sorry but the buck literally has to stop somewhere!

You betcha... all part of the Lucas plan to make people pay for the stuff as much as he can.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

not on this thread but on the product reviews on line i saw a rather snarkeyone in which the reviewer tried to say that people who complain about anikan being changed to hayden in rotj are stupid to complain about it and it makes perfect sense because they were represented as the way they were when they died as a true jedi, and all i can say is what a load of horse crap! it has nothing to do with such fanciful ideals and if it did that would just be stupid. it doesent take a genius to know the reason why he didnt change obi to mcgregor is because obi one is already represented in voice and spirit form in all three of the movies and that if he did change it 1. he would have to change him in all three movies, to mcgregor, and 2. this wouldnt make sense because luke wouldnt even know what young obi one looked like! this is why it doesnt make any sense at the end of jedi because the only version luke ever saw of his father was the older one. lucas wont change sir alec guiness because even he himself knows the uproar that would generate! when i see that scene i often wonder why luke doesent think who is that young guy who looks nothing like me, but i guess he just knows because of the force or some such crap as that. give me a break. lol if im comming accross as rabid i'm really not, just passionate about the wars man.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Ok, I'm going to make a point I've made before about Anakin's "ghost". When Darth Vader turned against the Emporer (Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!)
He redeemed himself. In my eyes, he even brought balace back to the Force (his destiny). Therefore, when his ghost is shown, the older one can still be correct, since he did turn "Good" in the end.

All this talk of Jar Jar really supports my claims about Lucas's "Visions". This man thought Jar Jar would be the biggest thing ever (when it turned out to be the most hated flop of the whole series). He also cast a 5 year old to play Anakin (I know he was older, or supposed to be older, but he just looks 5 to me) and an 18 year old Natalie Portman and Padme (she was supposed to be 15 I think, but it just looked too off in my opinion). The man thought that the first 3 movies should be about a "strike", droids, and gungans.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

I find it ironic that way back in the 70's, Lucas said that the reason he started the saga when he did,in the middle, was that the beginning was mostly politics and stuff that people would find boring!! Maybe he should have just condensed 1 and 2 into a single movie, and given us 2 full movies of Clone Wars combat that would have rivaled Saving Private Ryan for combat.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:51 am

Ronpur wrote:
I find it ironic that way back in the 70's, Lucas said that the reason he started the saga when he did,in the middle, was that the beginning was mostly politics and stuff that people would find boring!! Maybe he should have just condensed 1 and 2 into a single movie, and given us 2 full movies of Clone Wars combat that would have rivaled Saving Private Ryan for combat.

yes, i agree. at the very least where was all the training of anakin? where was the character development at the very least that would have shown how anakin could become so evil? a great oppertunity was missed to show him being influenced by the emporer. i grew up with the whole of star wars focusing on luke's journey to become a jedi and in my opinion the only thing anakin did to restore balance to the force was having a son who really did it.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:56 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
Ok, I'm going to make a point I've made before about Anakin's "ghost". When Darth Vader turned against the Emporer (Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!)
He redeemed himself. In my eyes, he even brought balace back to the Force (his destiny). Therefore, when his ghost is shown, the older one can still be correct, since he did turn "Good" in the end.

All this talk of Jar Jar really supports my claims about Lucas's "Visions". This man thought Jar Jar would be the biggest thing ever (when it turned out to be the most hated flop of the whole series). He also cast a 5 year old to play Anakin (I know he was older, or supposed to be older, but he just looks 5 to me) and an 18 year old Natalie Portman and Padme (she was supposed to be 15 I think, but it just looked too off in my opinion). The man thought that the first 3 movies should be about a "strike", droids, and gungans.

yeah bret the age difference always really creeped me out to be honest, esp since i didn't realize he was supposed to be older and she was supposed to be younger at the time i first saw the movie. and as for jar jar, nuff said. i was watching fanboys recently and i still love that part where seth rogan has the jar jar binks tatoo. too funny.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 am

~Watches some captain Picard~ afro

So, who wants to bet we're gonna be seeing Lucas' face one the dartboards of many alienated and disgruntled fans? Laughing
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:35 am

i held out on the dvd's till the one came out with the originals. i was on amazon yesterday and i looked at those just for fun and they are priced used at over 30 bucks a pop, you think lucas might learn what we already know.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:55 am

hitman hart wrote:
i held out on the dvd's till the one came out with the originals. i was on amazon yesterday and i looked at those just for fun and they are priced used at over 30 bucks a pop, you think lucas might learn what we already know.

Exactly what I did. And the way it is going, Lucas isn't getting any more of my money from SW. (I'm sure he's gonna get some cut on the Indy Jones blu ray set next year).
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 am

Ok, so just to clarify my point on Anakin fulfilling his destiny. He helped wipe out the jedi in the first 3 episodes, and in time only the Emperor and Vader were left. When he killed the Emperor, and then died, it left Luke (the only good jedi in the universe) to start the process anew.

The reason I see this needing to happen, is because even the Jedi Council was flawed. When I watched episodes 1-3, my biggest complaint was Mace Windu (I love Samuel L Jackson, just not the character). He wanted Anakin to spy and even betray the Emperor. That is not what a Jedi would do. Mace Windu, and who knew how many other Jedi, were not following their own rules. I sided with Anakin in the movies. I would have followed the Emperor, at least he admitted he was lying. Mace Windu tried to justify his actions, when he had no reason.

Therefore, the Jedi needed to be wiped out.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:42 am

The Old Republic and the Jedi had both become corrupt and incompetent. The Empire did restore order,but at too great of cost, fear was not the way to keep everyone in line.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:09 am

But fear did keep the local systems in line. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 am

Yes,but the more you tighten your grip, the more systems slip through your fingers!!
Back to top Go down

Lucas is at it again
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: