10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Time For A Change Yet..? Empty
PostSubject: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Has anyone heard if they are going to get a new companion/s and/or doctor after this season?

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Oh it's definitely time for new companions. Although Id still want River as a recurring character.

New Doc... no. Not particularly fond of him at times, but I still want to see a Doc have a good long solid run. I dont count the specials, so Tennant counts for just 3 seasons for me.

Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm

The latest news is that Matt Smith will return next season to play the Doctor along with Karen Gillan as Amy Pond. No news yet of Rory or River Song coming back, but it is highly likely. I do think that after that they need either a new companion or both new Doctor and companion. Keeps the show lively and new.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Who thinks it's time for a male companion without him being the "real companion's" boyfriend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 pm

There's no info on the new companion next year...but I do doubt it will be a male companion unless if there is also a female companion.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Id like the two companion dynamic from back in the 2nd Doc era

One male, one female... platonic with the Doc and each other.

Give the girl brains and make one of them an alien, the other from a future or past time period on earth.

Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Though I prefer David Tennant, I would like to see Matt Smith get a chance to do a season without Amy, Rory, and River. This whole ongoing, interconnecting storyline is just a little too much for me, and I am really worn out with it. I can't tell if its the characters or the writer of the Matt Smith era that is ruining my love of Doctor Who. I hope some kind of change happens soon, because I don't want to loose my long love of what was a great show from the very beginning.
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:54 pm

Calixar wrote:
Who thinks it's time for a male companion without him being the "real companion's" boyfriend?

I agree, this whole love interest in the new series is getting old real fast.
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 pm

You know an alien companion would be fun for a change. There hasn't been one since Nyssa I do believe. Although a little more exotic alien would be interesting. It worked in the comics. You could still have your regular earth companion to boot. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 pm

*Sigh* As long as they don't kill Rory again then I guess it means he can come back at any point, probably with Amy, hopefully for the big 50. But really this new companion is going to have to be good to top Amy and Rory from these past two years.

I hope River comes back a few more times before the inevitable happens and it comes to that point in her time line where she must go to the library and meet her end. "Everybody knows everybody dies, and no one knows it better than the Doctor" - in her own words.

But saying that, I think this is merely the beginning of River Song. We're only just getting past the half way line of knowing who she actually is and considering it's taken 3 years for us to get that far, I bet she's got a long while left yet.

As for a new Doctor... I'm really starting to like Matt Smith now. I think that's mainly because series 6 has been written better than series 5. Moffat's finally grasped the idea of writing a full series and I'm really enjoying the current story arc. So for those reasons, I don't want to see Smith leave just yet... I'm sure we'll have him right up until the 50th anniversary, since 2013 is when his contract becomes outdated. Nonetheless, I'll be excited to see whom the next Doctor will be!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 pm

KrZyLimE wrote:
Calixar wrote:

I agree, this whole love interest in the new series is getting old real fast.

I thought that back when it was The Rose Tyler Show. Smile

A bit of heresy here... but the other day I was watching The King's Demons and thought that if the only reason nothing much was done with Kamelion was that the robot didn't work right... well, Japan has fixed that for us now...

Time For A Change Yet..? Afplivetwo815184-JAPAN-ROBOT_610x314
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Calixar wrote:

I thought that back when it was The Rose Tyler Show. Smile

Rose Tyler Show. affraid
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 pm

Amy's way worse than Rose, in my opinion. Or at least she was in series 5, I've become much more fond of her in series 6.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm ready for new companions. Amy's too unreal & uninteresting. I can't stand River one bit, my least favourite companion ever. Rory's cool but he's changed to much for me. I prefer the clumsy coward of S5 than the fear-nothing hero he is now.

Matt has to stay. Way too much potential for him to go yet. I still think his best moments are yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:52 pm

Scary wrote:
Amy's way worse than Rose, in my opinion. Or at least she was in series 5, I've become much more fond of her in series 6.

I haven't.

But I think Rose was worse. Not at first... but once the switch flipped to she was in love with him, she got massively annoying. Then RTD didn't help by bringing her back over and over and over... then did the whole Doc clone bit just to give his favorite character the uber happy ending, and screwing over Donna in the process.

Amy isn't great either, but at least she isn't in love with the Doc. She just wants a little sexy time. And she's honest about it too.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 am

So, I have a thought (bear with me on this). It's been brought up here, and by Matt Smith, that his contract runs untill the 50th anniversary. Does anyone else here think they might tie in the new regeneration with the anniversary? I mean, you could have a special with the past Doctor's, welcoming the new Doctor. That would be a first, and mind-blowing in my opinion (about as big a nod as 10 got from Sarah Jane, which helped him go a long way).
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 am

I love Amy and Rory! Rory's the guy who we're all like in Series 5, and in "The Big Bang" and Series 6, he becomes the guy we want to be.

Amy's smart, perky, but she has commitment issues. I was sold on her motherhood potential in the prequel for "Let's Kill Hitler," but in the actual episode,
Spoiler:
Hopefully she and Rory will have some more kids and have a more traditional parenthood with them. If Amy's having problems as a wife, I think being a normal mother would really help her mature, meaning that I do think she should leave the TARDIS soon to pursue a normal life.

As for new companions, I would personally like to see Rani and Clyde from The Sarah Jane Adventures join the TARDIS crew at some point. K9 should come back to the TARDIS, too.

And as for River Song, maybe some future re-appearances would be cool, but I don't know what Moffat has in mind, and Alex Kingston isn't the youngest actress. She can only keep up that pretty face for so much longer.

I would like to see River and Captain Jack to meet up with 11. That could be fun.

As for a change in Doctor, I really like Matt Smith as the Doctor. I'm glad that he's not being weighed down with all his guilt (and I love Matt's explanation that it's because if he did let his guilt catch up with him, he'd probably want to commit suicide or something), which happened too soon with Tennant. Basically, I hope Matt Smith gets to play out his role for awhile and he doesn't leave too soon, or stay too long.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Scary, not to get into an argument with you, but having children doesn't always help people "mature" or become better wives. People are what they are. People don't change (unfortunately even when children are involved).
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Scary, not to get into an argument with you, but having children doesn't always help people "mature" or become better wives. People are what they are. People don't change (unfortunately even when children are involved).

I... Never said they did? But I'd agree with you anyway on that statement, people are what they are.

I've just become a little fonder of Amy because she seems to be settled down with Rory now instead of leaping onto the Doctor every five minutes... Of which just got plain annoying.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Scary wrote:

I've just become a little fonder of Amy because she seems to be settled down with Rory now instead of leaping onto the Doctor every five minutes... Of which just got plain annoying.

I agree with you on that point.

My contention with her this series is all of a sudden she is turning into Last Action Amy. From out of nowhere, she can handle a sword and take on pirates that have years of experience wielding them... and from the upcoming trailers at some point she looks like she's dual wielding katanas?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Personally, I would love to see more Doctor only episodes. I kinda like Rory (when he isn't dying) I do prefer the clumsier Rory than the "action hero" Rory. I have never really been a huge fan of Amy - far too "shouty" for my liking. As for them being together & then married, I just can't see it. They don't look compatible.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:19 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

Ummm... I said that, not Scary. And I must respectfully disagree: people do change. I know I have over the years. (At Scary's age, I was a real jerk.) And at any rate, Amy is a fictional character who can change at the writer's whim.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Bring back a K-9 unit!

But yeah, Amy really is the weakest companion. Both Rory and River just flat out trump her in terms of interest.

I think it has something to do with the way she handles herself. River carries herself casually, and Rory's jitters are part of his charm, but Amy can't seem to stand still for a full sixty seconds. She keeps trying to mimic Matt's style and she's just not doing it right.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I miss Donna. Donna, River, and Rory would have made a great bunch for Matt to play off of.

EDIT: That's not a slam against Karen Gillian, by the way. I still love her performance at the end of Cold Blood. That was just...wow. Great acting.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Time For A Change Yet..?   Time For A Change Yet..? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

LOL, sorry Scary (I was looking at the avatar pictures, got confused). I won't derail this topic any further, but: The Scorpion and the Frog.
Back to top Go down

Time For A Change Yet..?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next