5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Knowing this was meant to be before Amy was discovered to not really be Amy... the Doctor's line at the end was interesting. "... all back together again, in the Flesh."

It gave me pause... wondering, besides not getting him covered in goo, why did the Doctor tell Rory to step away from Amy before disolving her Ganger?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:20 pm

@Colbster, The old lady was taken, because as the Father said "the little boy thought the mean old lady across the way was a witch", he was afraid of her and put her in the cabinet because he didn't like her (she even accused him of being in the trash pile, showing how mean she was blaming a little kid for everything). The landlord was taken after the incident of threatening the little boy's father.

@Calixar, The doctor told Rory to get away from the "fake" amy, to protect him (at least that's what I was assuming). Having watched many "robot" stories, as soon as someone realizes they aren't what they think they are, they usually lash out, and hurt the real people. I was thinking that the doctor assumed that is what the "flesh" amy would do.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Colbster wrote:
The bit I didn't get was when the elderly lady got pulled into the trash pile. Was there a reason for this that I missed somewhere?

The father at one point started to list the boy's fears. One of them was that the boy feared the old lady to be a witch. So, "Slurp!", off to the dollhouse she went.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Wes Crayon wrote:
Thanks for the assist, Scary! Smile

I thought typing in caps would be sufficient to indicate a lighter tone (I mean, coming from me and all), but in hindsight perhaps I should've added a winking smiley to make it really obvious that I was kidding. Not about the episode being super lame (it was) or me remembering it for that (I will), but I meant that more as a jokey rejoinder to Cruel Angel's comment than an angry trollin' post! I generally try to be inoffensive to the folks here with my criticisms, though I obviously fail at that when it comes to Rocco. Crying or Very sad

It didn't offend me. I just made a statement.

As for my look on the episode, i have never been one to really enjoy stand alone episodes unless it had a big monster in it. Sontaran, Dalek, Cyberman etc.

I did however like the first half of the episode. Then it just got really cheesy. I voted okay. Probably my least favorite so far this series, a little below the The Flesh episodes.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Jeez, this episode was scary! Surprised

Rocco, is that a Creeper in your avatar... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
Jeez, this episode was scary! Surprised

Rocco, is that a Creeper in your avatar... Shocked

I don't know, does it sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssscare you?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:02 pm

----------------------------------

Last edited by Scary on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh yes. I totally forgot that part about the Father saying that. And it took Amy and Rory because he overheard Rorys' comment about the monsters, and was afraid of them, I am guessing. It makes sense now. Thanks. I shouldn't watch TV when I am half asleep. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm

rdks wrote:
Scary wrote:
Said reviewer has a point, really.
He does. But then again I think the whole "missing baby" plotline is so lame that I'm glad it's been temporarily forgotten. I wouldn't complain if it was never mentioned again.
really there's no point in looking for the baby..she's already grown up, her childhood happened before amy even got knocked up. the beauty of time travel Smile
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:15 pm

I was really unimpressed by this episode, which surprised me, since I generally like stories by Mark Gatiss. Now, since I hate it when people just say they didn't like an episode without deconstructing it at all...

The Good: Visually, the episode was effectively creepy, especially for being filmed so obviously on-the-cheap. The doll faces were simple and spooky; the building itself was atmospheric and dreary.

The Bad: The story was just...uninspired. I've defended the series' current leanings towards is roots as a kids' show because I've generally enjoyed the results. Heck, I even kinda enjoyed "Curse of the Black Spot" for filtering pure childhood whimsy (pirates and sirens) through the Doctor Who lens. But this story just felt phoned-in, using scraps of previous DW plots. I don't mind it when the writers revisit old themes or storylines as long as they do so with a fresh spin on things, but "Night Terrors" had no solid character beats, no memorable dialogue, and just far too few things for the characters to do.

It wasn't terrible. It was merely underwhelming.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com

S6E9: Night Terrors
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4