Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....

Go down 
+3
timewarrior
Ronpur
Who North America
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... Empty
PostSubject: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:48 pm

What would you put in it? How would you make it more suitable for the American audience? Razz

Post your suggestions and see what kind of magazine we will come up with. Are you game?? bounce

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Yeah bored anyway. Sad But first let me rant at my computer. Mad %$#@! Mad

Ok now for Magazine ideas. Matt Smith on the cover. Matt's top 100 American fashions.

I'll think of more later. Smile
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Has Matt worn 100 American outfits yet????

Jany
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 pm

I would look at the history of Who in the US, from the early broadcast of Pertwee episodes in the 70s to the PBS years. Maybe look at the big hit is was on college campuses in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Great idea, Ronpur. It would be nice if someone has kept copies of the promos in the college campuses. We have copies of the promo material used at the introduction of Dr Who in the US.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 pm

I would like a section to showcase some old collectibles. A list of all the toys that have been released, starting from the early ones available in America and showcase them by season.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Ah, another idea. Some articles about the first Dr Who convention in the US with pictures and memories from different guests and attendees. Does anyone have this information?

Or how about an article with Tom Baker about his memories of America? I am assuming he has been to America before. Or maybe a personal message from Tom Baker to the American Dr Who fans since he is the first Doctor to a lot of American fans.

Jany
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:48 pm

special bikini issue! All the monsters in purple pokadotted bikinis!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 pm

timewarrior wrote:

"MY VIS-ION IS IM-PAIRED! I CAN-NOT SEE!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm

I have the Starlog that covered him here for the USA convention. I would like a retrospective on the Pinnacle adaptions. How they were tweaked and that AMAZING artwork as insert posters, Collect all TEN!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:12 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

The daleks would have pink with yellow pokadots!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Who North America wrote:
Has Matt worn 100 American outfits yet????

Jany

Ok ten. Laughing He does have a way with fashion. cheers cheers cheers * Goes to happy place.*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 pm

timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

He wore an itsy bitsy tiny weenie yellow pokadot bikini. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:36 am

RaggedyDoctor11 wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

Oh, the mental image of that is just not good..... Evil or Very Mad Razz

Jany
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:31 am

Who North America wrote:
RaggedyDoctor11 wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

Oh, the mental image of that is just not good..... Evil or Very Mad Razz

Jany

This year's fashion for the average cyberman on the go. . .thongs!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:24 am

A story on the 80's Who USA Tour would be awesome as well!
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 am

How about a retrospective of the more notable PBS telethons during the '80s, like those that were visited by actual Doctors? Example, one of the Georgia Public Broadcasting telethons was visited by Sylvester McCoy and one of the fellows answering the phones could have been his stand-in! My memory fails me so I can't remember if they were present at the same time.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 am

Next year, a book called "Red, White, and Who" is going to be published that will detail the history of Doctor Who in the U.S. The authors were on a panel at the Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles in Feb. It sounds like it's going to be a neat book! I am going to contribute my good ol' Doctor Who Fan Club of America membership card so they can reproduce it. I also have a homemade "episode guide" that I made by cutting out the one-line descriptions of each episode in TV Guide, from "Robot" to "Logopolis"... not sure if I want to contribute that or not (might be too embarrassing Embarassed ) but we'll see. They have a Face Book page, but there is not much on it yet.

https://www.facebook.com/redwhiteandwho
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 am

When you follow the link on their Facebook page, you get to BroaDWcast and they have the airdates for Who broadcasts in the US, among other cool stuff. So, from that page, I now know that I became a Doctor Who fan on July 29, 1982!

http://broadwcast.org/
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

An article comparing Doctor Who's influence in UK and now here in US to how Star Trek has done the same for here and there. Both are revolutions in television as well as spawning fans, ideas and many other aspects of life. Though they have radically different parameters there are alot of similarities there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

What a fun topic that would probably get more attention if it were in a more appropriate section of the forum like the "Doctor Who Discussion". Not many people regularly visit, and once Timewarrior decides that his feathers need to be shown off again, this topic will be buried. Just a friendly suggestion, it'd probably go over a lot better in the "Doctor Who Discussion" area. Smile
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh maybe a puzzle section in it too. Crosswords and find - a- word. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:02 pm

RaggedyDoctor11 wrote:

This I like! The DWA's have scavenger hunts! Who says that adults don't like doing those just as much as the kids?

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:21 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
RaggedyDoctor11 wrote:

This I like! The DWA's have scavenger hunts! Who says that adults don't like doing those just as much as the kids?

~

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....   If you could design your own Dr Who magazine .... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I was at a pledge drive in high school at WTTW and have a dvd of my time on screen. It was such a surreal event.
Back to top Go down

If you could design your own Dr Who magazine ....
Page 1 of 1