Shadow Dalek
Scary
artanyus
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

2011 Trailer [spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Great topic area to discuss this for all those who have seen the new trailer!

For those who haven't seen the trailer: (see it whislt you can)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-X6uDFWahQ&feature=player_embedded
~

Last edited by LtViperPilot on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 pm

I think I'm going to absolutely love the one set in the US.

"I wear a stetson now. Stetsons are cool!"

*hat is promptly shot off by River Song*

Yeah... that episode looks cool. Love the shot they had of it too. Seriously, only in America!

And then... run in with the Nazis... they have my attention! I bet people are happy to have not seen any Daleks in it. Don't know about the monsters/aliens though, it looks like more run-ins with humanoids. :/
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:59 pm

The trailer, by the looks of it, is almost entirely from the first two episodes. Really exciting stuff, looks action-packed, I must say.

You're right: no daleks! It seems, after reading descriptions of the episodes and all, the daleks won't be in this first batch of episodes. Maybe in part 2 of the series? Maybe not at all in the series? All the hinting at the old daleks returning points to them appearing at some point.....

Last edited by kcooper76 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:01 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
The trailer, by the looks of it, is almost entirely from the first two episodes. Really exciting stuff, looks action-packed, I must say.

Since I don't follow the spoilers online, I honestly cannot say whether or not that is from the first two episodes. It does look action-packed, which would be cool, if they followed through with it this time. After the let-downs, it's just "eh, we'll see".

This time though, when the new series airs, I'm not going to participate in any discussions, read any reviews, nothing. I'd rather just watch it with my best friend like I did when I first started Who, because then I might actually enjoy it. Listening to everyone else gripe or hype about it only made me turn against the series. :/

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:07 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Since I don't follow the spoilers online, I honestly cannot say whether or not that is from the first two episodes. It does look action-packed, which would be cool, if they followed through with it this time. After the let-downs, it's just "eh, we'll see".

This time though, when the new series airs, I'm not going to participate in any discussions, read any reviews, nothing. I'd rather just watch it with my best friend like I did when I first started Who, because then I might actually enjoy it. Listening to everyone else gripe or hype about it only made me turn against the series. :/

~

Yeah, the majority (not all probably) seems to be from the first two, which are the US episodes.

I agree on reading reviews and hype. Reading reviews often impacts whether or not I enjoyed something more or less, even after I've already seen it. I remember last season, I watched the finale and thought it was one of the greatest Who episodes ever. Then, all these negative reviews started pouring in, I remember being so disappointed that so many reviews were negative.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:14 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

~

Yeah, the majority (not all probably) seems to be from the first two, which are the US episodes.

I agree on reading reviews and hype. Reading reviews often impacts whether or not I enjoyed something more or less, even after I've already seen it. I remember last season, I watched the finale and thought it was one of the greatest Who episodes ever. Then, all these negative reviews started pouring in, I remember being so disappointed that so many reviews were negative.

I'm like that, where I'll enjoy something and then become very disappointed when all the reviews are negative. For the most part, I wind up liking what a majority of people dislike. Case in point, the movie "Far Cry" and "Driven". I just like what I like and I honestly don't like the opinions of others trying to sway my interest in something, which is why I'm just going to be content watching this with my friend and putting all the DW comms on the back-burner.

I do not need to dislike Matt Smith's Doctor than I already do if people decide to restart the "Matt Smith is better than Tennant.," jabber. I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion on that, but an entirely different matter to have it continually shoved in my face, so I'm hoping all the kiddies have since matured and can let us who still like Tennant and previous Doctors like them still without being ridiculed for it.

Back to 2011... there's two episodes in the US? Sweet! I'm looking forward to that, especially with where they filmed it at! Gorgeous place!

I'm not upset at the lack of Daleks (yet)... but it's nice to get a break from them. I'm very curious about the episode that will deal with the Nazis though (unless those are the Kaleds, but I doubt it.)
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:36 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

Yeah... that episode looks cool. Love the shot they had of it too. Seriously, only in America!

And then... run in with the Nazis... they have my attention! I bet people are happy to have not seen any Daleks in it. Don't know about the monsters/aliens though, it looks like more run-ins with humanoids. :/
~

That was a good shot of the Doctor with the Stetson. That episode will be fun to watch hopefully. As for the monsters/aliens, they didn't show too many, aside from the Ood again, and a couple others so we'll see. I just hope they aren't all humanoids.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:41 pm

artanyus wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

That was a good shot of the Doctor with the Stetson. That episode will be fun to watch hopefully. As for the monsters/aliens, they didn't show too many, aside from the Ood again, and a couple others so we'll see. I just hope they aren't all humanoids.

I think I could enjoy series 6, just as long as I get to watch it with you!

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:46 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

~

awww. Definitely. We will certainly watch it together. I was hoping we would watch it together. I admit I am excited to see the the two episodes set in America. and the Nazis have my interest as well. Though it would be really cool if they were actually Kaleds, but either way, still intrigued by them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:53 pm

artanyus wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

~

awww. Definitely. We will certainly watch it together. I was hoping we would watch it together. I admit I am excited to see the the two episodes set in America. and the Nazis have my interest as well. Though it would be really cool if they were actually Kaleds, but either way, still intrigued by them.

There can be no mistaking the Nazis in this. The Runes on the collar are a dead giveaway, so I will call them what they are, Nazis. I just hope this episode is better than "Victory of the Daleks". Spitfires in space was cool, but I was expecting so much more than what that episode had to offer. Poor Flak was deeply grieved by it! That's why he took on the mentality that the Dalek-Flak and PanzerDalek were far superior to the British Ironsides. Yet... he still hides from the likes of Dalek Hessler and Der Konigskralle.

lol anyways...
~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you are excited for the new series, Lieutenant!

I must admit I am really excited for the arrival of series two as well. I think it might be better than series 5 seems as Moffat has finished his first series he may be able to correct himself where he previously went wrong.

I hope that we finally get to find out who River Song really is. I hope she sticks around for a while, too! I think she'd be a great addition to the TARDIS crew.

Also, I really hope there aren't Daleks in this series. You can only have so much of a good thing, and although I love the Daleks dearly as many others do, I just think they've been over used in these past few years. The only series finale since NuWho started that was 'Dalek free' was the series 3 final with the Master. I mean, the Daleks are ALWAYS cool but you always know what will happen with Daleks and I think it's maybe time to make room for new characters and monsters.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to see the new Empire of paradigm Daleks!

Another thing I'd love to see is maybe a Cyberman redesign. The Cybermen are getting a little tedious now, too. They just don't come across as scary anymore. Thinking about it, maybe they should leave the Cybermen until series 7 or something and hopefully we'll see a redesign then? That way they'd be much more appreciated since we wouldn't have seen them in a while, much like with the Daleks.

And finally the thing I want the absolute most out of this series is Jenny! We've been waiting since series 4, I wonder if she'll EVER come back? I really hope so, I loved her character and she would also make a great addition the the TARDIS crew. However, as I think of it, perhaps they should leave Jenny until the 12th Doctor seems as her character and Matt's character wouldn't really... 'go', as it were. I think Jenny would have been awesome with Tennant, though... Sad

Anyway! Looking forward to seeing series 6! I can't wait! Bring on 2011! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Shadow Dalek

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:04 pm

I would love the Cybermen to come back in series 2/6 as we have seen too much of the daleks and not much of the cybermen
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Scarywood wrote:
Another thing I'd love to see is maybe a Cyberman redesign. The Cybermen are getting a little tedious now, too. They just don't come across as scary anymore. Thinking about it, maybe they should leave the Cybermen until series 7 or something and hopefully we'll see a redesign then? That way they'd be much more appreciated since we wouldn't have seen them in a while, much like with the Daleks.

And finally the thing I want the absolute most out of this series is Jenny! We've been waiting since series 4, I wonder if she'll EVER come back? I really hope so, I loved her character and she would also make a great addition the the TARDIS crew. However, as I think of it, perhaps they should leave Jenny until the 12th Doctor seems as her character and Matt's character wouldn't really... 'go', as it were. I think Jenny would have been awesome with Tennant, though... Sad

Anyway! Looking forward to seeing series 6! I can't wait! Bring on 2011! cheers

I agree, it would be nice to see a Cyberman redesign to mesh with this universe of NuWho rather than the alternate realms Cybus Cybermen. We know there are still the Telosian/Mondasian Cybermen out there somewhere so why not bring them back.

Also, Jenny needs to comeback. I could have totally seen her and Ten getting along very well. They were so different but had enough in common that they would have done well together. As for Eleven and Jenny, not so much. I think Jenny would be more at a loss of words for Eleven and the way he acts. However it would be very awesome to see her come back during Twelve's time frame. That would be an interesting mix.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Matt Smith is not better than Tennant. Tennant is not better than Matt Smith. They're just different. That's one of the things about Doctor Who that keeps it interesting as it goes on.

Anyways, bring on Series 6!

And yeah, Jenny, and the old Cybermen back. Sorry, but the Cybus Cybermen are just a bit too robotic. The classic ones looked more alive.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 10:01 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

And yeah, Jenny, and the old Cybermen back. Sorry, but the Cybus Cybermen are just a bit too robotic. The classic ones looked more alive.

I couldn't agree more!

I think after 'The Next Doctor', or probably even before, the Cybusmen got old... Very tedious and not as interesting, too. They are too robotic, like you said, and always seem just like tin men and nothing more... Well... 'Cyberman-ish'.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Great, now I want an episode with the Kaleds. Actually, that would be a pretty neat episode. A way to fill the "Dalek" quota without actually showing the Daleks. Just an episode set on Skaro from before the war between the Kaleds and the Thuls.

Or...oh heck, why not? Since Skaro is likely Time Locked as a result of the Time War, what if the Daleks recruited Kaleds and Thuls from earlier in their history to fight the Time Lords (Much like it seems they did with the Mutants with the "Skaro Degradations")? What if some Kaleds/Thuls escaped Skaro and evaded the Time Lock, and survived the Time War?

Ooooooooooooo

EDIT: Right, my musings aside, two things I noticed that stand out:

1) The TARDIS Control Room from The Lodger

2) The Ood's Control Sphere (Ood Sigma?) is green.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:55 am

I'm not sure what's more shocking...the sight of a bearded Doctor or the possibility of LtViperPilot warming up to the 11th Doctor. Wink

Could the "TARDIS" control room be from the Neil Gaiman episode? Or the "musketeers" and the Nazis? The hash-marked companions have gotta be.

Nobody tell me I don't want to know!

The trailer gave us just enough of a tease without giving too much away.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:30 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
I'm not sure what's more shocking...the sight of a bearded Doctor or the possibility of LtViperPilot warming up to the 11th Doctor. Wink

Ha

Ha

HA!

Razz

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:20 am

I was shocked to see the control room fro the Lodger, that is interesting. The WW2, white House, and Utah, looks amazing. And the Doctor in a Stetson.....better buy one now before they go up in price.

Oh, almost forgot the Apollo astronaut, too!!

The rumored Cybermen episode may be from the second half of the series, but I was hoping for a shot of them....
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:22 am

And an Ood!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:17 am

The next series looks exciting!

I'm surprised no one mentioned that in one shot, River Song wasn't wearing much Wink

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:47 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
The next series looks exciting!

I'm surprised no one mentioned that in one shot, River Song wasn't wearing much Wink

I didn't feel the need to bring it up because ALL the DW comms on LJ have and I find it a bit redundant to go on about her being possibly naked... they say she was, I don't think so... but that's LJ... not kid-friendly.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

I didn't feel the need to bring it up because ALL the DW comms on LJ have and I find it a bit redundant to go on about her being possibly naked... they say she was, I don't think so... but that's LJ... not kid-friendly.
~

Even if she is, they obviously aren't going to show her naked on screen. So, you're right..more important things to mention.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:57 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Even if she is, they obviously aren't going to show her naked on screen. So, you're right..more important things to mention.

Right, because it is a family show and that would be a bit much, even by British standards! Possibly nakedness is nothing compared to speculating on what might happen in this first half of the series, what aliens we'll encounter... what led the Doctor to "relocating"... why does he have a beard... that TARDIS interior... White House... etc. Very Happy Those ones you can actually get your brain picked at!

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Trailer [spoilers]   2011 Trailer [spoilers] EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:07 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

Right, because it is a family show and that would be a bit much, even by British standards! Possibly nakedness is nothing compared to speculating on what might happen in this first half of the series, what aliens we'll encounter... what led the Doctor to "relocating"... why does he have a beard... that TARDIS interior... White House... etc. Very Happy Those ones you can actually get your brain picked at!

~

I don't think the doctor has really 're-located'. If you haven't already, watch the second clip on this thread:
https://whona.forumotion.com/t4794-series-6-clips
Back to top Go down

2011 Trailer [spoilers]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next