13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

crystal ball time for who 2011 Empty
PostSubject: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Here are my guesses for next year...

Axons- just a guess....but found early dwm cartoons - pre showed the sontarans...co toys...the sea devils..ah just a wist full guess- hmmm...then they can reuse the axxon costume and do a seeds of doom part 2!!!
Regeneration- just a feeling
Amy Leaving
Capt. Jack cameo

o.k. now guess mon amies...what will happen???
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Regen- no, i dont think so. I think Matt will stick around for about as long as Tennant (hopefully even longer)

Amy leaving? I could see a change in companion at seasons end. 2 years in the new series is ages for a companion to have a solid run (which is kinda sad). I'd like Amy to stick around too, Rory as well.

I don't see a Cpt Jack cameo... I got the impression that with that extended 'death scene' that they were cutting ties with the RTD era. I'd love for Cpt Jack to pop up, but please, no more Rose and Martha. Let them fade away.

My guesses-

River is going to turn into an very questionable character. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that she killed a future incarnation of the Doctor. Whatever her crime is, I would really play out the 'can we really trust her' arc as they try and figure out what happened to the Tardis. Have it almost like Turlough during the Black Guardian Trilogy... the Doc is more on her side and have either Amy or Rory be the highly suspicious part of the crew. Get some tension and conflict goin.

Nothing much really to go on as far as what the big mid season cliffhanger will be.

If they were gonna bring back a classic baddie, I'd want the Rani. Bring her back as a SERIOUS recurring villain. What they did to the Master was just tragic.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:24 pm

companion-wise, they'll most definitely be leaving, keeping the show's habit of change. Plus, she's going on to film roles, it seems.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I look into zee cryssstal bawllll....

Ahnd I seee...

Matt Smith will definitely be the Doctor next year!

I think I heard once that Moffat wants to bring back the Mondas Cybermen. In addition, in an interview, Matt Smith said he liked the Tomb of the Cybermen Cybermen better.

If this is Amy and Rory's last year in the TARDIS, I hope they give them a proper send off!

I think River's identity will be revealed as the first season half cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I predict....Some will love the new episodes, and others will despise them.....

Other than that....Surprise me!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, photos and videos of filming reveal a lot.....
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:17 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I think I heard once that Moffat wants to bring back the Mondas Cybermen. In addition, in an interview, Matt Smith said he liked the Tomb of the Cybermen Cybermen better.

Mondas or Telos... it would be all good to me, as long as they keep it true to their nature (ie not just Borg out to assimilate/ convert everyone) and don't deviate too far from the original design. I'd love to see a updated Mark 1 or Mark 2.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:21 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

that would be perfect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 pm

I'd like to see some better aliens where they weren't all villains, but have some good and some bad, with the good ones fighting against the bad ones.

One prediction... daleks, daleks go boom... whoooo

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
I'd like to see some better aliens where they weren't all villains, but have some good and some bad, with the good ones fighting against the bad ones.

~

I have to agree with this. Let's see some aliens that are friendly. Maybe even have the Doctor pick up a non-Earth companion (human or alien) when Amy & Rory leave.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am

I'd like to see less CGI and more people in costumes. I think there was like 3 episodes with monsters that were actually real people just dressed up throughout the whole series... It's probably because they have less money these days. Dunno why? Perhaps it would because they spent to much of their budget on that darn TARDIS interior!

And call me a killjoy, but to be completely honest, as good as he is, I'd really appreciate it if we were to just move onto Doctor number 12. It's not Matt's fault, he's in fact a great actor but Moffat has made a mess of things. Perhaps Moffat can degenerate back into RTD or something? At least he did more than a handful of good episodes unlike the 4 good episodes that Moffat did...

But if Moffat is to stay then the thing I want the absolute most is the return of Jenny! Moffat wrote 'The Doctor's Daughter,' so I'm surprised as to why he hasn't already brought 'his' character back already.

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

Scarywood wrote:
But if Moffat is to stay then the thing I want the absolute most is the return of Jenny! Moffat wrote 'The Doctor's Daughter,' so I'm surprised as to why he hasn't already brought 'his' character back already.

Moffat didn't write the Doctor's Daughter, Stephen Greenhorn did.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 am

DoctorOlly wrote:
Scarywood wrote:

Moffat didn't write the Doctor's Daughter, Stephen Greenhorn did.

Okay then.... *Clears throat and puts hands in pockets. Looks down at the floor, closes eyes, sighs, open eyes and raises head again* Jenny would still be cool though.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 am

Personally, I love Matt in the role, and hope he continues for 2 or 3 more years. I have no desire to go back to RTD era, not that I didn't enjoy it. I don't want to go backwards, with Who, it is always about change and moving forward. I can't wait to see were Moffat takes us next year. Of all his episodes this year, Beast Below and Vampires were my least favorite. I enjoyed the rest, some more than others. I enjoyed Amy once she was with Rory, and can't wait to see more of them together. But still, I enjoy change, and if Karen, Matt, Steven or Author decide to move on, I can't wait to see what their replacements do.

I hope we see some new monsters/aliens this year, as well as one or two classics returning. "New" Cybermen would make me real happy (go figure) and I hope we do see the Daleks again, and see what these new machines of theirs are capable of. I never get tired of the Daleks, they were the first major bad guy of Who, they made the show, and if the have a good episode, they don't need a rest.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am

Yes, Jenny would be nice to see, if Georgia's Boyfriend and Dad let her do the show again!!

Or maybe if all 3 would turn up!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Yes, Jenny would be nice to see, if Georgia's Boyfriend and Dad let her do the show again!!

Or maybe if all 3 would turn up!

That'd be an interesting episode. 'The Three Doctors.' Razz
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I agree... would not mind jenny returning at some point...

and from a few posts I also think it would be nice to see river's answer...I still hold out hopes she is rommana...or throw a wild curve and she could be the terrible zodan. I think I would be a tad sad if she was the rani. Hmmm..she could be the master's daughter...now that would be a curve...I love to guess...at least I guess better than the sun or the daily news.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I actually go with the notion that somehow she is an avatar of the Tardis herself.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 pm

ooh good one
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:13 pm

ah- the other theory I have about river song is could she be the daughter of joan redfern? That would be wild and totally crazy. Why? During the end of time we see a joan's great relative signing copies...now where did the new joan come from? At the point of the family of blood she had no children...just wild guessing again.

I would also love a twist of amy turning out to be bad...that would be shocking- because many think river is gonna turn out to be the baddie. She seems to have the doctor wrapped around her finger...it would be a neat thing to twist her character upside down.

Anyway..just stupid guesses.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Scarywood wrote:

Smile

I'd love to see Ms Moffett return as Jenny. Were it not for something River said in the Library (upon meeting Donna whom Jenny had met), I'd suspect River was Jenny grown up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Amy POND
RIVER Song

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Amy POND
RIVER Song

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm scratch

Interesting ....but then what about Jackson LAKE? Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:33 pm

He wasn't Ginger, and unless you're Ginger it doesnt work. geek
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: crystal ball time for who 2011   crystal ball time for who 2011 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
He wasn't Ginger, and unless you're Ginger it doesnt work. geek

Wasn't Ginger one of the blokes The Master noshed on after polishing off his burger? scratch
Back to top Go down

crystal ball time for who 2011
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next