Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?

Go down 
+11
Nuggan
gunzlingr
Super Poseable
Purdue Prydonian
LakeErieMonster
Rust
rdks
Ronpur
Calixar
jaredofmo
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Rust wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
But any who welcome to America...... Mad

Well, at least he met a nice girl in Vegas.
Possibly at the Playboy Penthouse. Laughing Twisted Evil

Oh yeah. Who's name was Tiffany. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:19 am

His "Hello, America" after all that was priceless.

It was great to see Smith out of his element...on a show he'd never seen, dealing with a host he wasn't familiar with...on the British shows he had a pretty good idea what to expect. I thought he came off rather likeable...though I reiterate my disappointment he didn't interact with Geoff Peterson, the robot skeleton sidekick.

Maybe he was afraid to get too close to him for fear viewers wouldn't be able to tell them apart. "Bowie thin," indeed.
Back to top Go down
gunzlingr
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 am

I have only watched Ferguson a few times (because I have to get up so early), but love the off beat way he runs his show. I like that he doesn't just do your run of the mill interview, but actually converses with the guest.

I DVRd this one, and was glad I did. I don't know who Chris Hardwick is, but I loved his shirt, and was glad a show was dedicated to my favorite program. I thought Matt did well, considering he probably didn't know what to expect, and my kids loved him as well even tho they didn't know why he didn't wear a bow tie, since bow ties are cool.

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Yeah, I want that DeLorean & TARDIS shirt. If anyone knows where I can get one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm

"It Came Out Of Nowhere" T-shirt

Chris Hardwick's podcast. Matt Smith will be on the next episode, expected Monday.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:10 pm

I just ordered a couple, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:52 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
"It Came Out Of Nowhere" T-shirt

Chris Hardwick's podcast. Matt Smith will be on the next episode, expected Monday.

A podcast is something you hear correct? Anyway of hearing this?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Yes, most podcasts are audio-only. It will likely be available for free download.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:21 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Yes, most podcasts are audio-only. It will likely be available for free download.

ok thanks. is it even on youtube? cause i work tuesday and wont have time to listen to it. BOO WORK!!! Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 pm

I don't think it'll be on YouTube. It will likely be an mp3 you can download. (And put on that player of yours?)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I don't think it'll be on YouTube. It will likely be an mp3 you can download. (And put on that player of yours?)

ok thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 am

Matt seemed slightly uncomfortable when it came to all the innuendo and whatnot. I think that may be due to his contract and how he is to conduct himself since he's on what is considered a show with a large audience comprised of youth.

I've seen pics of him snogging his girlfriend on the Daily Mail, so I'm sure he's not completely backward.

Nevertheless, it was fun.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 am

Nuggan wrote:
I've seen pics of him snogging his girlfriend on the Daily Mail, so I'm sure he's not completely backward.

Some not-so-family friendly talk here...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:17 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Nuggan wrote:

Spoiler:

Are you sure that's what was going on there? Wink

As for Smith's "code of conduct" regarding his public image, he muttered something to that effect while trying to change the topic from strippers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:32 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Nuggan wrote:

Spoiler:

As for Smith's "code of conduct" regarding his public image, he muttered something to that effect while trying to change the topic from strippers.

I don't blame him either. Mad I MEAN REALLY?!!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Nuggan wrote:

Spoiler:

I don't blame him either. Mad I MEAN REALLY?!!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad Crying or Very sad

It's what sells in America. Especially to audiences who are up at that hour.

I'm not speaking for me...I just wanted to see Matt Smith.

Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I thought matt came off pretty well- abeit a tad nervous but I can't blame him. I loved the obvious love for doctor who from ferguson- I think that this is a big plus to have who promoted. I did find this a bit interesting that smith said he will do the doc for 2 years...paused and more or less said maybe 3...
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Chris Hardwick-hosted Singled Out or something like that ages ago on MTV with Jenny McCarthy. Has a show Web Soup on G4TV and does guest hosting and gadget pron reviews on Attack of the Show on G4TV a great show that I recommend especially since I can't see it anymore, *!?toostie fruits?!** Directv just recently dropped this channel.

Overall really happy with the show and glad it came about. Craig is a very big fan and often references DW. This was a big plus that the host was interesting in what was being promoted.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Chris Hardwick's podcast with Matt Smith is up!

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/11/number-46-matt-smith/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Chris Hardwick's podcast with Matt Smith is up!

http://www.nerdist.com/2010/11/number-46-matt-smith/

I think i'll listen to this tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 pm

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8901

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks to our friends from the BBC, here is the link for the Doctor Who song that never made it to broadcast.

The Doctor Who song from The Late Late Show has leaked. Craig Ferguson has just tweeted it this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P4SxtphJ4

Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Oh, that was brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 am

Blinkin' awesome.

Ferguson deserves some sort of walk-on role in one of the US-shot episodes for going above and beyond the call of nerditude in promoting the show to a US audience.
Back to top Go down
johnmiic
johnmiic

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 pm

I just found out about this and watched all the clips tonight. It's like being in Nerdvanna man!
Back to top Go down
http://johnmiic.deviantart.com/gallery/

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: