Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?

Go down 
+11
Nuggan
gunzlingr
Super Poseable
Purdue Prydonian
LakeErieMonster
Rust
rdks
Ronpur
Calixar
jaredofmo
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  Empty
PostSubject: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:57 am

I know someone on the forum had mentioned Smith's upcoming appearance on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson", but I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more buzz about it...especially after Monday's (Tuesday morning's...you get it) show which featured a genuine RTD DALEK right off the top...Craig hugged it and everything.

So I'm issuing a reminder for those who wouldn't want to miss Matt Smith (do I really need to mention her name?)...it's TONIGHT (Wednesday at 12:35 AM) on CBS. Check your local listings, etc.

Last edited by The 2nd Doctor Roberts on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:14 am

As much of a Smith fan as I am, I'll be asleep. I got work in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 am

I've got my DVR set to record it. Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:39 am

Darn, can't get CBS at my place!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 pm

The Late Late Show is the greatest. Ever.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Here's the Dalek clip from last night's episode for those who missed...

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Was I the only one expecting the Dalek to "revive" during the monologue?
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm

didn't Craig F appear in a Blake's 7 ep? I'd like to see him do a cameo in DW.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:38 pm

LakeErieMonster wrote:
didn't Craig F appear in a Blake's 7 ep?
No. He was an 18 year old drummer in a punk band when Blake's 7 was on.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:14 am

It's hard to believe I just watched an American network talk show devote an entire episode to "Doctor Who"...but I did, and it was great.

I'm a bit disappointed Matt Smith didn't mix it up with the robot skeleton sidekick, though. But he came off well.

If anyone should find the cancelled production number actually "leaked" to the internet...please let us know, will you?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:24 am

Here's the opening of the show. You can find links to the other parts if you double click on the video and go to the youtube page. There are 4 more parts.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:44 am

I only watched the Matt Smith part, but it was fun! We saw Matt pretend to hang himself, dig a grave (his own?), do some funky dancing, and play the harmonica!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 am

3 octopuses and an otter
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:24 am

I think I recognized the guy dressed as the 4th Doctor from other cosplay photos.
Back to top Go down
Purdue Prydonian
Purdue Prydonian

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:34 pm

I had a homework emergency here so was only paying part attention to it. But as a fan of the classics, when they suggested Craig play the 12th Doctor, I thought, naw, he would make a much better Meddling Monk!

I played Craig Ferguson last semester for a communications class so really enjoyed it!

Did anyone get it recorded?
Back to top Go down
Super Poseable
Super Poseable

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't think I've seen any legit talk show as zany as Ferguson's, which Matt Smith seemed to cope with admirably. Loved the three-way awkward silence moment. It was cool that Ferguson had a few CO toys on hand too.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm

All through this, I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I have seen this Craig Fergusun before. Then a friend told me he was Drew Carry's boss!! DUH!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:54 pm

Ronpur wrote:
All through this, I am racking my brain trying to figure out where I have seen this Craig Fergusun before. Then a friend told me he was Drew Carry's boss!! DUH!!

ah, I haven't seen him in that. I first discovered him watching his show late at night in 2007...and haven't gotten tired of its brilliance yet. He's a really fascinating guy, I read his autobiography...it is really interesting just how intelligent and cultured he is.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

I was actually a bit disappointed. It started out well, but when the playful banter didn't actually morph into any sort of meaningful discussion, I was let down. Acting goofy is all well and good, but by the time that Horse came out dancing, I closed the tab.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I enjoyed it. Smile But poor Matt looked so scared. Sad
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Rust wrote:
I was actually a bit disappointed. It started out well, but when the playful banter didn't actually morph into any sort of meaningful discussion, I was let down. Acting goofy is all well and good, but by the time that Horse came out dancing, I closed the tab.

You do have a point there. I couldn't help but remember Matt's appearance on Jonathan Ross earlier this year. Much better interview!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Also there wasn't many close ups of Matt. Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 pm

It just felt like Craig embraced his own inner geek a little too much. To a Non-Doctor Who fan watching the show, there really was nothing put forward that told you about the show, it's rich history, or how important it was to the development of the Sci-Fi Genre in general.

And Matt's intro clip could have been a lot better. I mean, even using the Houdini quip from the clip they did run would have been better then that short, out of context blurb.

Personally? I'd have either used Matt's introductory scene (From the TARDIS doors opening to "I was in the swimming pool." "I thought you were in the library." "So was the swimming pool.") or the bit "Hello, I'm the Doctor. So, basically...run."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Rust wrote:
It just felt like Craig embraced his own inner geek a little too much. To a Non-Doctor Who fan watching the show, there really was nothing put forward that told you about the show, it's rich history, or how important it was to the development of the Sci-Fi Genre in general.

And Matt's intro clip could have been a lot better. I mean, even using the Houdini quip from the clip they did run would have been better then that short, out of context blurb.

Personally? I'd have either used Matt's introductory scene (From the TARDIS doors opening to "I was in the swimming pool." "I thought you were in the library." "So was the swimming pool.") or the bit "Hello, I'm the Doctor. So, basically...run."

" heck of a climb back up. " Laughing Even that would of been CLASSIC! cheers But any who welcome to America...... Mad
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?    Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
But any who welcome to America...... Mad

Well, at least he met a nice girl in Vegas.
Possibly at the Playboy Penthouse. Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Matt Smith on Craig Ferguson...what did you think?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next