bret_owen99
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:50 pm

About bloody time is all I gotta say.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:09 pm

i hope the daleks kill amy, and rory again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

http://io9.com/5655404/classic-daleks-will-be-back-after-all-promises-steven-moffat
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm

It does look like Moffat wasn't exactly truthful on saying "No Daleks next series." However, his talk of using the old Daleks too doesn't exactly mean that he's gone back on his word there.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 am

My thoughts of the RTD Daleks returning is that Moffat is a pushover, he's letting the public decide what happens, and since the negativity of the new Daleks, he's deciding to bring the old ones back.

...Unless that was his plan all along, which at the moment, doesn't make much sense.

However, it'd be interesting to see another Dalek civil war. Although I'd place my bets on the new Daleks.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm so sick of the Daleks. More Angels!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:47 pm

SuperJoshe wrote:

NOOOO! I think the Weeping Angels have had enough screen time. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I'm scared they'll get old and over-used like the Daleks.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:51 pm

I would love "real" Cybermen...I know, go figure, from me? And a Cyberhorse, lol.

Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I would love "real" Cybermen...I know, go figure, from me? And a Cyberhorse, lol.

YES! I'd love both of these. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:46 pm

SuperJoshe wrote:

I want the Vastha Nerada to come back!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Nocturniah wrote:
SuperJoshe wrote:

I want the Vastha Nerada to come back!

ME TOO!! The cool thing is that they can literally take ANY form .. the possibilities are endless!!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Benam wrote:
The Daleks need to rest. We know the Doctor wins 99.99% of the time. So, if we see the Daleks once or twice a year and the Doctor beats them every time, then they're not a real threat anymore. It used to be, whenever you saw the Daleks, something really bad could happen. Not anymore! How many times has it happened that ALL the Daleks come back, they threaten the entire universe, and somehow they are ALL destroyed again?!

Too many Daleks have died in the last 5 years. Is it up to billions of them? A nice small scale Dalek story like Power of the Daleks or Death to the Daleks would be a nice change when we see them next. Just a few Daleks with no reinforcements putting their smarts up against the Doctor.

And it would be nice to ratchet down the stakes overall. Let's just have the Doctor save a few folks and only save the universe once a season. What is at stake in the Andriods of Tara? They find the key, then spend the next few episodes deciding if the nice prince or the not as nice prince will continue the monarchy on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:05 pm

I hope that the RTD era daleks will return in series 7, I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet.
Back to top Go down

moff says no dalek stories for next series
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2