London Trip - Doctor Who must dos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MattG

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2010-02-12

London Trip - Doctor Who must dos Empty
PostSubject: London Trip - Doctor Who must dos   London Trip - Doctor Who must dos EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm

In early September my 8 week sabbatical from work starts...and I'm kicking it off with a week in London and then a few days in Rome. So what are the must-sees for a life-long Who fan? I don't think I can convince my travelling companion to go on a trip of british countryside quarries...so thats out. So...suggestions, anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://awesometoyblog.com
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: London Trip - Doctor Who must dos   London Trip - Doctor Who must dos EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 pm

MattG wrote:
In early September my 8 week sabbatical from work starts...and I'm kicking it off with a week in London and then a few days in Rome. So what are the must-sees for a life-long Who fan? I don't think I can convince my travelling companion to go on a trip of british countryside quarries...so thats out. So...suggestions, anyone?

Arundel Castle. Scene of Silver Nemesis if I remember right.

Also Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: London Trip - Doctor Who must dos   London Trip - Doctor Who must dos EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 am

If I ever get there....I will visit the village that they used for Devil's End in Daemons. And bring my Pertwee and Master figures! And of course, stand in front of the church and say Chap with wings, five rounds rapid.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: London Trip - Doctor Who must dos   London Trip - Doctor Who must dos EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 am

Honestly, while there are places there that Who has used, most notably Trafalger Square (which is a must see), I would suggest you go and just enjoy all that London has to offer. It's a great city, the Underground is super easy to use and beats the street traffic and you won't be bored.

I was there in 2002 for the first time and we went everywhere we could and never found ourselves lost for ideas. But, if you are set on Who locations, I know there are websites out there that list them, though I don't recall which sites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com

London Trip - Doctor Who must dos
Page 1 of 1