amagon
jfh1970
jaredofmo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The return of Gallifrey? Empty
PostSubject: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:32 am

Think it could ever happen? Would you want it to ever happen?

I sure do. I was born into the new era and missed out on having Gallifrey around. I really want to see more of Gallifrey! It looks so beautiful!

If you disagree with the idea of Gallifrey coming back, watch this fan made video and it might just change your mind; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFRzwfgWz5c

Most of it is scenes from "Children of Dune" but the music is fantastic. It gives you an idea of the beauty of Gallifrey and what we could see more of if Gallifrey were still around today.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:38 am

I'd rather see a New Gallifrey rise, with a new race of Time Lords. It should happen in the 13th Doctor's run, though.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:14 am

I've always thought that much could be done with Gallifrey and the appearance of Rassilon proved my point for me. I remember having disagreements with Jon Blum on the old DW forum about the Time Lords returning. He thought it would be a big mistake to bring them back because all they were to him were guys with funny hats. I voiced that they could be so much more if written the right way. I would love to see the Time Lords return at the very least if Gallifrey couldn't and I really think it's just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I'd rather see a New Gallifrey rise, with a new race of Time Lords. It should happen in the 13th Doctor's run, though.

Yes, and this would be a great way to fix the 13 lives problem. If Gallifrey was to return, somehow the Doctor might be awarded by the Time Lords and given a bran new life cycle meaning that Doctor Who could carry on for at least another 50 years! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I've always thought that much could be done with Gallifrey and the appearance of Rassilon proved my point for me. I remember having disagreements with Jon Blum on the old DW forum about the Time Lords returning. He thought it would be a big mistake to bring them back because all they were to him were guys with funny hats. I voiced that they could be so much more if written the right way. I would love to see the Time Lords return at the very least if Gallifrey couldn't and I really think it's just a matter of time.

^This Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:39 pm

scarywood wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Yes, and this would be a great way to fix the 13 lives problem. If Gallifrey was to return, somehow the Doctor might be awarded by the Time Lords and given a bran new life cycle meaning that Doctor Who could carry on for at least another 50 years! cheers

My thought is that he reaches the end of his 13th life and is unsure of whether or not he will regenerate, so in his final hour, he goes to "New Gallifrey," and the "New Time Lords" grant him a new set of regenerations.

In order for that to work, though, they'd really have to keep the casting of the 14th Doctor secret.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:42 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
scarywood wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

My thought is that he reaches the end of his 13th life and is unsure of whether or not he will regenerate, so in his final hour, he goes to "New Gallifrey," and the "New Time Lords" grant him a new set of regenerations.

In order for that to work, though, they'd really have to keep the casting of the 14th Doctor secret.

Indeed, yes!

Going off topic a little, if the Doctor was to have a new life cycle then I would hope that they wouldn't call the 14th Doctor the 1st Doctor, forgetting all the past 13 Doctors which would be rather annoying!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh, heck no. Ignoring the previous 13 Doctors would be like giving the middle finger to the fans.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I would like the Doctor to continue regenerating but I wouldn't want the Time Lords to give him a new set of regenerations though. I think it would be cool if somehow the TARDIS gave him the power to regenerate but the Doctor never knows if he'll get to do it again afterwards. This way viewers will never know either if he's going to make it or not. Of course if the series gets cancelled again (perish the thought!) TPTB may decide to end it for the Doctor as well or leave his fate in a cloud of mystery.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Unlike The Time War which some bits and pieces should be told, The end of The Doctor should be left in a cloud of mystery, with people believing he could return, but then again, Fox or something might try to get their hands on that, and revisit the travesty which could have been!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 pm

i like the idea of "new gallifrey". you could treat it like the green lantern corps, and have species from all over the galaxies be timelords(not just middle-aged white guys).
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
i like the idea of "new gallifrey". you could treat it like the green lantern corps, and have species from all over the galaxies be timelords(not just middle-aged white guys).

Hey! There was a middle-aged white woman thrown in here and there too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:07 am

I keep wondering if the Ood, with their time sensitive abilities will someday become the new Time Lords. Or at least, the new Guardians of Time.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 am

I remember in TEOT when the Doctor sees what the Ood have done he mentions their advancement is too fast. Was this ever fully explained?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:10 am

The Elder Ood remarks that "Time Is Bleeding", that the Future and Past are converging with the Present. Whether this is an explanation for their rapid development or not, is never explained.

Course, there are things from "End of Time" that were put in at Moffat's request. It's possible the Ood's advancement is some design by the being behind "Silence Will Fall" (Same way with the TARDIS in "The Lodger"). Then again, they could be completely unrelated.

As for the topic at hand:

I see the return of Gallifreyian Society in the fullness of time.

It's never made any sense to me, that while the Daleks can keep popping up like Cockroaches, the Time Lords were killed down to two (Three if you count Jenny). Especially after Gallifrey's brief rupture of the Time Lock, you'd think some of the Time Lords (Even those that voted "yes") would have grabbed their TARDIS and gotten out of dodge.

Course, I'd also like to see a little more of the Time War. Specifically, the Could Have Been King and his army of Neverwases.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:33 am

I think it would be cool if a group of Time Lords did survive, but they were all female. I can just picture them going after the Doctor for procreational purposes in their goal to form the New Gallifrey. This would be a great opening for the return of the Rani too.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 am

THARILS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I think it would be cool if a group of Time Lords did survive, but they were all female. I can just picture them going after the Doctor for procreational purposes in their goal to form the New Gallifrey. This would be a great opening for the return of the Rani too.

Shocked Boy, am I glad I wasn't drinking when I read this. Laughing Best Rani plan ever, though-- you know she'd be far more interested in his, er, "raw genetic material"... to the point of separating him from it by any means necessary. Ouch. pale
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:51 am

Death by Snu-Snu.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 am

ReverendKain wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

Shocked Boy, am I glad I wasn't drinking when I read this. Laughing Best Rani plan ever, though-- you know she'd be far more interested in his, er, "raw genetic material"... to the point of separating him from it by any means necessary. Ouch. pale

That could be a very scary story. I already have a good ending for it too. The Doctor escapes and (forgive the Star Wars refs) the Rani's henchwoman says, "He was our only hope."

In which the Rani replies, "No there is another." We then see her looking at the Master's ring as we hear the Master laughing in the background. affraid
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 pm

rust, have you ever seen idiocracy? there's a reason why roaches will always survive, but great society's will always fall.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Rust wrote:
Course, I'd also like to see a little more of the Time War. Specifically, the Could Have Been King and his army of Neverwases.

... Did Ruth Plumly Thompson write the Time War?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
rust, have you ever seen idiocracy? there's a reason why roaches will always survive, but great society's will always fall.

Love that movie. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm

a quick question I have is how noted either in classic or new is th 13 regenerations? The reason i ask is that the Master is one exception already with ackward regenerations as well as most recently stopping a regeneration by will. To me the easiest way is to just go with the Doctor is "good" and needed or at least he thinks so that by sheer force of will power he will continue on. Also without Gallifrey and the rest of the timelords governing things currently whose to say he can't have more than the usual.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The return of Gallifrey?   The return of Gallifrey? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:12 pm

The Nightmare Child has my interest,heck itself!
Back to top Go down

The return of Gallifrey?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next