Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 3:48 am

I just found out about it (too far away for me anyway). I might try getting to Chicago TARDIS in November(Mysterious Theatre 337 looks like a hoot). Either of these worth the trip?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 1:54 pm

I've ALMOST gone to Chicago TARDIS a couple years. I even had a ticket to go a couple years ago but ended up bailing out.

I'll think about it again this year - I just wish it wasn't on THanksgiving weekend. That's pretty much set aside as family time.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 2:16 pm

Ouch. I didn't even think about that. Turkey wins.
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 3:33 am

I've been to the Gallifrey cons before, and I almost went this year since I now have some friends into Who. Problem is they're into new Who, and so much of Galli is about the classic series. They wouldn't have any idea who Colin Baker was.

Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 9:15 pm

I went to Gallifrey on Sat. and Sun. Colin Baker is always an excellent guest; very articulate and witty speaker. He can make anything sound hilarious! Caroline John was very sweet and gracious; in the autograph line she took the time to talk to every fan for a little bit. The play "The Ten Doctors" on Saturday night was fantastic; it ran a little long (it was advertised as a 90 min. event but it ran three hours), with great performances and lots of terrific jokes. My favorite (paraphrased) was:
"This must be the work of an evil genius!"
"Like George Bush?"
"No, I said an evil genius."
Steven Moffat gave a live commentary of "The in the Fireplace," with a funny explanation of why the ship was named the S.S. Madame du Pompadour. He also talked about some scenes he wrote but ended up not including, getting big "ooohs" from the crowd.
Sunday was nice and mellow; mostly browsing the dealer's room, but I went to Mike Tucker's special effects panel, where he showed a cool reel of footage including the various stages of constructing the Big Ben destruction scene from "Aliens of London" and the windows blowing out of the building in "The Christmas Invasion." Colin Baker and Terry Molloy did a hilarious live commentary of the last episode of "Revelation of the Daleks" after that. I blew too much money in the dealer's room, which I was expecting! Someone had these really nice T-shirts embroidered with various Doctor Who logos, TARDISes, K-9, etc., so I got a few of those. Someone was selling off the bulk of his Doctor Who collection, so I bought a bunch of Doctor Who Magazines and In-Visions that I was missing. I could have spent about a thousand bucks at that guy's table alone! The item that fetched the most at the auction (benefiting the American Heart Association) was one of those ten-pound notes that flew out of the ATM in "Runaway Bride" -- it had David Tennant's face on it! A great time, as usual!
Back to top Go down
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?   Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Do they hold the one in Chicago every year? If so, how much are tickets, and where can you get them? I would love to go!
Back to top Go down

Anyone going to Gallifrey 2007?
Page 1 of 1