Ronpur
Thete
artanyus
tegan4
rdks
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Rate S5E9: Cold Blood
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap36%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
Good episode!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap30%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 10 ]
Okay/Average episode.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap15%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Disappointing.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR AN EPISODE!!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:53 pm

I don't even know how I feel about the episode, but I'm just glad that -- for once in the 2005+ series! -- the Doctor finally ended up in a non-human civilization populated with non-humans that weren't snarling beasts or one-track villains (destroy humanity, destroy the earth, destroy reality... destroy figgy pudding). If that happened every couple of episodes, I might really start to like the new series!

But bleh to the crack ending and the taking of Rory... and bleh to next week's episode! I'd have had the Doctor hop 1000 or so years into the future to witness the peaceful human/Silurian future. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 am

Well I sure didn't see Rory's death coming. How much more heartrending to be forgotten as well as dead!

But, it was the most interesting part of the whole episode. Like others, I found myself glancing at the clock a lot, just as I have in all the other episodes this season (except Vampires of Venice).

Interestingly, a friend put all the extant classic Who episodes on my hard drive and I had just finished watching Pertwee in 'The Silurians' the morning I watched this. Good timing!
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Wes Crayon wrote:
I don't even know how I feel about the episode, but I'm just glad that -- for once in the 2005+ series! -- the Doctor finally ended up in a non-human civilization populated with non-humans that weren't snarling beasts or one-track villains (destroy humanity, destroy the earth, destroy reality... destroy figgy pudding). If that happened every couple of episodes, I might really start to like the new series! Very Happy

I'm still waiting for the day when they do a story off of Earth as they did in the past. So far none count in the current series. That is one aspect of the classic series I miss.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I got to thinking about the very end, when Amy saw herself, on the hill. She made the comment about, for a second, she thought she saw someone else. Maybe it was future Rory, who ducked down because he knew past Amy should not see him at that point?
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:47 am

now for something truly important, has the doctor ever completed a high five? in time crash he didn't and in the hungry earth he almost did.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 am

I don't know about high fives, but he certainly gave that Silurian scientist dap! Laughing

So upon a second viewing, I'm thinking I like the episode itself less -- mostly because of the characters, since I really liked the developments and the fact that new Who finally showcased an intelligent non-human civilization. (And yes, CrochetOwl, I too await the day they do a true adventure on a civilized alien planet!) Amy was bloody annoying, though, and Ambrose was almost too evil to seem believable, what with the THIS IS OUR PLANET crap at the end. I'm still not too keen on the ending, either, since I don't see what stopped the energy of the crack from spreading. If it took all of the Weeping Angels to stop it before, why would lil' ole Rory be enough this time? And if he didn't stop the energy from spreading, why wasn't the Silurian civilization wiped from history? (Or maybe it was, and that's why we haven't discovered any Silurian fossils?)

I could've done without the Silurian elder narration, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:33 am

Finally got around to watching this. Amy's Choice caused me to bury my head in the sand at the slightest mention of Doctor Who. I finally relented and watched these 2 episodes.

At first I enjoyed them. Then after I watched them I re-watched Pertwee's Silurians and realized the writer of the episode must have watched it just before he wrote it, because they were quite similar. The whole "old Silurian and the Doctor want peace but the humans and Silurian military want to fight" plot was pretty close. Not complaining, just sayin'.

I hated the redesign. So generic. I can't understand why they went with this design. The design concept art guy (Peter McKinstry) is fantastic and I'm sure he came up with some amazing designs before the powers that be decided to just rip off the Jem Hadar.

But back to the episode, it was fun! The only story so far this season that I look forward to watching again. I'm getting pretty tired of this crack stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:26 am

Overall vote: Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!

Couldn't agree more Wink
Back to top Go down
weird

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi everyone.

I enjoyed the episode, but was wondering how many companions have ever died with the Doctor. I remember Adric died under the 5th Doctor's (Peter Davidson) watch, and now Rory with the 11th Doctor. I don't remember any of the companions dying with the 4th or 6th Doctor.

I have only been able to watch some of the 1st to 3rd Doctor Who series, and never got into the 7th Doctor, so I am not sure if any of their companions ever died.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 am

weird wrote:
Hi everyone.

I enjoyed the episode, but was wondering how many companions have ever died with the Doctor. I remember Adric died under the 5th Doctor's (Peter Davidson) watch, and now Rory with the 11th Doctor. I don't remember any of the companions dying with the 4th or 6th Doctor.

I have only been able to watch some of the 1st to 3rd Doctor Who series, and never got into the 7th Doctor, so I am not sure if any of their companions ever died.

Astrid, if you want to count her as a companion. Then the 8th Doctor lost a companion recently. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
weird wrote:
Hi everyone.

Astrid, if you want to count her as a companion. Then the 8th Doctor lost a companion recently. Sad
~

While Astrid was included in the Companion Gift set, I can see her being a one shot companion for the special, however I'm sure there are some who would argue that she wasn't a companion.
Back to top Go down
weird

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 pm

artanyus wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
weird wrote:
Hi everyone.

~

While Astrid was included in the Companion Gift set, I can see her being a one shot companion for the special, however I'm sure there are some who would argue that she wasn't a companion.

Thanks for the answers. It is good to know that the Doctor has not been getting in the habit of having his companions die for him.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

She was a "would-be" companion, like poor Lynda Moss would have been.
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 pm

I believe Katarina was another of the Doctor's companions who died. And if you count Sara Kingdom as a companion. Oh, I forgot Kamelion, too!
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:00 am

You know, it would be nice to have a Lynda action--figure, so we could give her the adventures she didn't get to have.
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Stuck withh BBCAm I'm just to the point of this ep. One glaring question to me was. How was the doctor able to reach into the crack/light and have no adverse effects asides from a little pain while he warns everyone else don't look at it don't go near it, etc. To the point where he can't even pull Rory away cause the light was upon him?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 pm

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Stuck withh BBCAm I'm just to the point of this ep. One glaring question to me was. How was the doctor able to reach into the crack/light and have no adverse effects asides from a little pain while he warns everyone else don't look at it don't go near it, etc. To the point where he can't even pull Rory away cause the light was upon him?

I'm in the same boat, but in my case I have to download them from iTunes.

Perhaps because the Doctor is a more complex time event, whereas Rory was comparatively simple (and dead)?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:28 am

I'm afraid I'm not gonna miss Rory because they didn't make me care for him. I am finding myself caring less and less about everything storywise this season. Weakest series since Who came back.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:48 pm

SeaDevil- I would agree this season for me has just been lacking. My son and I used to be riveted waiting for the next ep,whereas this season it's been well we can dvr it if need be and catch up with it later. Sure there have been bright spots throughout but just not enough to keep me salivating for the next. The whole crack/big bang mystery was neat in the beginning however now having wormed through every ep it has almost become a burden. I'm hoping that the rest proves me wrong. Still Happy.Still watching...just saying.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm in the same boat, but in my case I have to download them from iTunes.

Perhaps because the Doctor is a more complex time event, whereas Rory was comparatively simple (and dead)?

This seems plausible. Or maybe because he is part of it(causality). Not knowing that he is, it seems like a real stupid move on his part to do it in the first place unless being a timelord makes him immune?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 pm

I feel like they are building up to something with Rory's death. . .hmmm. . .otherwise a good one.
Back to top Go down

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4