Shatterbang
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Multiple Doctors Show Empty
PostSubject: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

Anybody have an opinion on them doing a multiple doctors show? It's one of the big things from the classic show they haven't yet brought back.

Maybe the Four Doctors with 8th,9th (though I hear Eccleston is not keen on ever doing Who again),10th and 11th? Or an animated one-off with the older gents?

I'd sorta like to see a multiple Masters story - The Three Masters or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm

I'd rather not see another multiple Doctors story. Sure, the previous examples were fun, but the stories were paper-thin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:40 pm

I'd want one only if Eight was in it for the fact that he got the raw end of the deal when it came to Who. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm

When I get back to writing, I (for my own characters) have tried to write multiple Drs (again, mine, as there were technically 4, and planning one that will have 3), it's focusing on which one is the latest one to take the lead, trying to make sure the others get their parts in it, but for fun, it would be nice, though as mysterylad said, "paper- thin".
Back to top Go down
Jammaza
Jammaza

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Although we've already had one in 2007 but McGann returning would be good
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:29 pm

So are there official odds yet that the 50th Anniversary story will be The Eleven Doctors? 2013 isn't all that far away. Ideally they'd be working on scripts and securing commitments from the surviving actors or estates as required. If that didn't happen by the start of 2012 I'm not sure if they could pull it off in time.

And would the fans demand The Eleven Doctors? With each surviving past actor getting 10 minutes with the current Doctor the show would already be 70 minutes long before you get anything with the villians. It could end up being 2 hours long just to get everyone introduced and the plot starts moving. A better idea I had would be for a whole season where each past Doctor and an old villian would get an episode with Matt Smith. Everything leads up to a two-part finale with all the Doctors finally tracking down the Valeyard, Rassilon, or Master in a big confrontation. Not sure how to get 45 minutes out of 1, 2, or 3 but after that the season could be great (or terrible).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:04 pm

squishy wrote:
So are there official odds yet that the 50th Anniversary story will be The Eleven Doctors? 2013 isn't all that far away. Ideally they'd be working on scripts and securing commitments from the surviving actors or estates as required. If that didn't happen by the start of 2012 I'm not sure if they could pull it off in time.

And would the fans demand The Eleven Doctors? With each surviving past actor getting 10 minutes with the current Doctor the show would already be 70 minutes long before you get anything with the villians. It could end up being 2 hours long just to get everyone introduced and the plot starts moving. A better idea I had would be for a whole season where each past Doctor and an old villian would get an episode with Matt Smith. Everything leads up to a two-part finale with all the Doctors finally tracking down the Valeyard, Rassilon, or Master in a big confrontation. Not sure how to get 45 minutes out of 1, 2, or 3 but after that the season could be great (or terrible).

I have said before, I would love a Torchwood Children of Earth type miniseries with 8, and have the whole of the 2013 season or several specials be multi Doctor stories. And by 2013, it could be the 12 Doctors, as 2012 would be Matt's 3rd year.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And by 2013, it could be the 12 Doctors, as 2012 would be Matt's 3rd year.

Heyyyy, what about a multi-Doctor story that means something? Matt Smith stays for another season in 2013 and regenerates/unregenerates as part of the multi-doctor story arc. Or even two regenerations so they can eliminate the "twelve regeneration" rule in a big way for the anniversary. We know Robert Holmes just tossed that line into Deadly Assassin as an explanation of why Delgo was gone.

I'd also watch a McGann spin-off or otherwise "offseason" series. He's always entertaining on his audio adventures so it seems he'd be up for it. Back in time for the "missing" 8th Doctor seasons. Proper 25 minute, 4-part stories. Cool
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:19 am

I think it would be fun, but probably would be something similar to time crash, not a proper episode. McGann might appear briefly if/when they decide to revisit gallifrey and the time war again.

I wonder if they could pull off a visit from a classic doctor on DJA without causing too much confusion?
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:56 am

how about tennant coming back as the meta crisis doctor that's on "pete's world". i'm sure a year or so from now tennant might be up for a guest spot.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:46 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I'd want one only if Eight was in it for the fact that he got the raw end of the deal when it came to Who. Sad
~

I agree with this 100 percent. although, really just like to see another Two Doctors, where McGann reprises his role with Smith, rather than see all the 2005 Docs united. That way McGann could get more screen time and the story won't feel crowded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:51 pm

DacaZ wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

I agree with this 100 percent. although, really just like to see another Two Doctors, where McGann reprises his role with Smith, rather than see all the 2005 Docs united. That way McGann could get more screen time and the story won't feel crowded.

Oh yeah, definitely! I like the fact that Eight would really contrast Eleven because Eight is a romantic and Eleven is random.
~
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Just watched the TV movie. Absolutely agree. Would love to see McGann in it with the others. Moreso even than Davison and the Baker Boys because I assume McGann (and McCoy) would look relatively similar to their appearances.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:50 pm

I think it would be great to see just the current Doctor and the Eighth take on whatever comes their way.

What would be cool is having McGann look very different from how he did in the TV movie, and the current Doctor doesn't recognize him until the end, where it's finally revealed.

(I say "Current Doctor" because the best time for this is 2013, the show's 50th anniversary. Matt Smith has a three-year contract with an option for two more, so he might or might not be the Doctor in 2013.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I think it would be great to see just the current Doctor and the Eighth take on whatever comes their way.

What would be cool is having McGann look very different from how he did in the TV movie, and the current Doctor doesn't recognize him until the end, where it's finally revealed.

(I say "Current Doctor" because the best time for this is 2013, the show's 50th anniversary. Matt Smith has a three-year contract with an option for two more, so he might or might not be the Doctor in 2013.)

I've already written out how the Eighth Doctor doesn't have that
"wig" of hair so he has shorter hair. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:42 pm

anyone besides me think that eccleston should come back? as much as i proclaim my love for 10, i think 9's reign was far too short. that first series, every episode was gold to me. ce needs to come back at some point, to show us he cares.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:59 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
anyone besides me think that eccleston should come back? as much as i proclaim my love for 10, i think 9's reign was far too short. that first series, every episode was gold to me. ce needs to come back at some point, to show us he cares.

I miss Chris! I really enjoyed his season. And I do wish he had been there for the return of the cybermen. Of course his personality would have played all those stories differently. He would have looked at the werewolf and said "Fantastic" with the excited grin of his.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 am

bret_owen99 wrote:

I wouldd have loved to see at least 1 more series with number 9. He was fantastic! Alas, Chris doesn't want anything else to do with Who now because of mojority opinion of him - Grumpy, depressed, boring etc. (So I hear, anyway).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 pm

scarywood wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

I wouldd have loved to see at least 1 more series with number 9. He was fantastic! Alas, Chris doesn't want anything else to do with Who now because of mojority opinion of him - Grumpy, depressed, boring etc. (So I hear, anyway).

I thought that he just didn't want to do it anymore.

I'd love it if 8 was able to come back because to be honest, he's the one who has gotten snubbed the most. Sure he's got the audios, but face-time on the show itself... just a tv movie that not everyone can see (or likes). Paul McGann is such a brilliant actor and I know he'd do wonderfully on the show! He'd be such a contrast to Matt Smith's constant bouncing around! And I do know that Paul McGann would be up for coming back to the show as a few interviews have stated that he keeps hoping for a call.
~
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:44 pm

I doubt we'll ever see CE back in the role. From the interviews I've seen, he did his job (in his estimation he did two series since six shows are a standard series for most UK shows) and moved on. As for McGann, I would love to see him take his turn to make up for the mediocre movie.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

I miss Chris! I really enjoyed his season. And I do wish he had been there for the return of the cybermen. Of course his personality would have played all those stories differently. He would have looked at the werewolf and said "Fantastic" with the excited grin of his.

Same here. I'd love to see hm back, and wished he stayed on for another year or two, since I liked him a lot more than Tennent's portrayal. afro
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:47 pm

denali76c wrote:
how about tennant coming back as the meta crisis doctor that's on "pete's world". i'm sure a year or so from now tennant might be up for a guest spot.

That's what I'm hoping for.

I love that!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Nuggan wrote:
denali76c wrote:

That's what I'm hoping for.

I love that!

There's no doubt he would do it. He even brought it up last year, remember?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Doctors Show   Multiple Doctors Show EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I would love a Torchwood Children of Earth type miniseries with 8, and have the whole of the 2013 season or several specials be multi Doctor stories. And by 2013, it could be the 12 Doctors, as 2012 would be Matt's 3rd year.

If I'm reading that right, I love the idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Multiple Doctors Show
Page 1 of 1