Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!

Go down 
+30
brokenmusicbox
tjg
Gunny
SeaDevil
amagon
Drathro
tegan4
terrasolo
rooners
DoctorOlly
timewarrior
Osbourne
meLthevamp
Calixar
hitman hart
CrochetOwl
Newton Gimmick
Wes Crayon
Clavius
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
Evil Monkey Pope
squishy
CJSchmidt
memnoch
mysterylad
DacaZ
jonwes
rdks
greenk9
Christian
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:30 am

CJ, I'll have to check out Confidential on the DVDs. He didn't call the "weeping angel" Time Lords John & Mary Who, did he?

CJSchmidt wrote:
I'm really glad they didn't go with the really emotional version of his last words - I may have needed therapy afterwards.

I'm going to assume you're not being sarcastic...though it's hard to imagine a more emotional goodbye. Could you imagine if it had been Pertwee stumbling out of the TARDIS with that line? The Brig woulda swallowed his mustache!

Ah, but I didn't want to see Tennant go either.
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:36 am

Quote :
And Wilf! Ah, Wilf. When I realized it was him knocking my heart broke. The Doctor's not going out in blaze of glory saving the Universe from Time Lords and Daleks, he's dying saving a single old man. He could have walked away and no one would have ever known. Just awesome.

This.

Unfortunately right then and there was full of emotion. Right when Wilf started knocking. THAT was perfect. Sadly all the momentum was lost when the Doctor's death was drug out for another 15 minutes of pointless cameos and by god commercial breaks.

The rest of the story was decent, nothing worse than we've seen before. I think RTD does try to over epic everything, but it's a minor complaint.

I know everyone is boo hooing the death of the 10th Doctor and he wanted to make it special, but the cameos just came off as pointless. He should of done that earlier somehow or not at all because it killed the momentum IMO.

Didn't care for his last word either, I loved the 9th Doctor's bravdo, but the 10th seemed to go out with a whimper. Again sadly because of that extra few minutes of goodbye.

Still not bad. Bring on Matt Smith, although thus far I'm not impressed. Hopefully with time he'll grow on me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:55 am

I liked the cameos at the end, simply because it's their death, too. Moffat's never going to use any of those characters. We're never going to see Mickey, Martha, or Rose again (well, most likely never). So we got to see them one last time. Except I thought the Mickey-Martha marriage was pointless, stupid, and thrown in at the last second for no rhyme or reason.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:41 pm

I liked the cameos also...the sad fact is indeed we will most likely never see the companions again. The one reason I love the big finish audios- is that you get to revisit favorite companions and best of all the Doctors! I hope when time passes- that someday tennant will go back to do some audios for big finish. Wishful thinking I'm sure- but I hope someday we will not see the last of him as number 10. He left with people wanting more-which is a good thing...maybe well get to see him in the big anniversary.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't think he could do audios for Big FInish even if he wanted. I remember when Big Finish had that contest for short stories to make up a volume of Short Trips, you couldn't write about the 9th or 10th Doctors. That the psychic paper and other things from the new series they just did not have rights to. Not that this could change mind you just saying, that's why we don't see anything related to the new series from Big Finish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Part 2 was definitely better than part 1 (saw it elsewhere without the commercials) but I wish RTD would have done without the Star Wars stuff (along with the Neo-eque/Matrix jumping of the Master in part 1). It figures the Doctor saves the world and what does he get in return a regeneration because of Wilf. As for the new Doctor, I'm keeping my mouth shut on him (let's just say he came off too goofy to me and doubt I'll be as obsessed with the show as I have been).
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm

im confused, wasent martha already married before she ever met mickey or am i just remembering wrong? over all i thought it was a good rtd finish, really reflected what he consistantly did with the show. i could pick on plot wholes and devices he used but, what would be the point, it was just fun and i think if i was tweleve again having gone three years with tennant as my doctor, the way tom was for me i'd want to see him go down in an epic fashion. i personally think the army of masters was just rtd's excuse to get john simm in drag.lol. the crazy, genius thing they did i think was to raise even more questions then they answered, making me even more pumped for series 5. i thought matt smith was quite good in is 30 seconds, but and not to be an ass, ive never had the ridiculous hang ups others have had without seeing him in action. i thought his death was super long but it was more of a send off then a death scene. i felt mixed feelings because on one hand i really enjoyed tennat but on the other once i knew he was done for it really made me want to get to smith and moffat and get into it sooooo, im ready now. i dont think the master was the least bit heroic in the end, although if you want to take it that way feel free, he was just more missed of at them then he was earth, the doc or anyone else and he was going to make them pay. i also think we will definately see the master, and the timelords again without question. in the original series you could go quite a long time without either but they always managed to creep up. all and all i could write forever this show is my fav subject but i'll jus cap it with, loved you dave, bring on matt and cheers to the future of doctor who. peace jon
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Personally, I got a chuckle from the Star Wars Cantina scene. There were bits that I swear were intentional replicas of the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:43 pm

hitman hart wrote:
im confused, wasent martha already married before she ever met mickey or am i just remembering wrong?

Not married, though she was engaged to Thomas Milligan as of "The Sontaran Strategem".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Chris3123 wrote:
hitman hart wrote:
im confused, wasent martha already married before she ever met mickey or am i just remembering wrong?

Not married, though she was engaged to Thomas Milligan as of "The Sontaran Strategem".

Yeah, I thought she was. Poor Tom must have got dumped!

Jon
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:57 pm

She was on her honeymoon in series 3 of Torchwood. But they don't say with whom.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:27 pm

RTD said in the TEoT commentary they kept "who" she was married to unmentioned in Torchwood for this very reason - so we'd get the revelation in TEoT.

RTD also said that if one of the actors hadn't been able to do the final "life saving" scenes then the whole bit would've had to go. I'm glad they were there. As he pointed out, they were much more then just goodbye scenes... the Doctor actually got a chance to save the lives of people he cared about one last time... (well, except Rose - that was just a little freebie)
Back to top Go down
meLthevamp
meLthevamp

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-27

PostSubject: End of Time Part 2   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:43 pm

It was... I can't describe it. I loved it, but hated it. I loved the emotions it showed, but hated how the plot seemed just like something to fill the time.
The Doctor's last words.. Were disapointing. Because it showed in the end he was giving into his weaker side, and well... actualy I'm not sure how I feel about that. But the ninth doctor had a great set of last words, and I was hoping the Tenth's would be something witty and funny as well, maybe to with Rose, as she was the last human he saw.. but... oh, well.
Actually I could rant for a while about it, but I don't think I will. Gets a bit boring after a while.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Osbourne
Osbourne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 pm

my only question ( as some one else asked) whom was that woman time lord? His mother? 1st wife? daughter ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.impulsecreations.net
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Didn't look like Carole Ann Ford who I half expected to make a cameo. Tough to say on the tiny screen I watched it on.

If the Doctor still had any family on Gallifrey wouldn't he have stopped in to say "hi" during Deadly Assassin, Invasion of Time, or Arc of Infinity? Wouldn't they have shown up to one of his trials? Still, it looks like the writers wanted a future plot device that there still could be someone on Gallifrey who the Doctor may want to rescue from the time-lock. Now we just need a writer to pitch a script for it.

And didn't they say there were two Time Lords who voted against Rassilon's plan?
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:42 pm

For my personal bit of cannon, the woman Time Lord is Cousin Innocent, the Doctor's Loom Woven cousin from Lungbarrow. The other Time Lord they don't tell you or show you aside from seeing him kneeling there with his hands over his eyes.

I really work hard to ignore the child Master scenes or when the Doctor talks about his family...

I'm really big into the books and think their Gallifrey works very nicely and adds another rich layer as to why the Doctor is fascinated with Earth and humans... and makes him even more alien. Like in Human Nature, the Doctor needed to understand why Bernice was so saddened by the loss of Guy DeCarnac in the previous book and the while human experience was an experiment.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:50 pm

She doesn't need a name or identity for me. She had a minimal impact on the events of the story, and we'll probably never see her again. Unless Moffat had her put in there for a future use. They didn't mention her at all on Confidential.

Anyone that heard the episode commentary, they mention her at all?
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:56 pm

I heard she's refered to or hinted to be his mother in the comentary... then again I heard there was no comentary so I dunno?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Russell said in the commentary for Part One that they were doing the commentary for Part Two right afterwards, so one was recorded.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 pm

i got the feeling that moffat and rtd both had joint imput on some of these things so moffat could be set up to take over and , moffat wrote the angels story, they are comming back in series 5, and those people kneeling were referred to and acted like the weeping angels.i find all this to be very exciting.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

hitman hart wrote:
moffat wrote the angels story, they are comming back in series 5

GAH! Spoilers! nah.. just kidding, saw them in the trailer. Not too excited about that, they're just statues. I think they made a better one-off villlian.

I did like the White Dalek and the WWII Dalek. And I really hope those green people aren't Silurians. The one guy reminded me of the Lou Gossett, Jr. alien from Enemy Mine! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Maybe Sea Devils, the cousins of the Silurians? Smile I'd love to see a story where they mix the two. (they didn't do that in Warriors of the Deep, did they?)

And the WW II Dalek... is he wearing... a commando jacket?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Yeah, a dalek with a flack jacket, looking forward to seeing how CO does this as a figure.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Yeah, a dalek with a flack jacket, looking forward to seeing how CO does this as a figure.

IF they do it... might not be... marketable or something.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!   The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm

I like it. . .I do think some more timelords should come into the picture, like the monk.
Back to top Go down

The End of Time, Part Two - For those who HAVE seen it!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next