jonwes
rdks
greenk9
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The End of Time - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 am

I have seen Dalton referred to as 'The Maker' No idea what the heck that means. Just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I have seen Dalton referred to as 'The Maker'
I bet the two Time Lords walking around with him in the preview clip are the Butcher and the Baker. Gotta love these Gallifreyans and their ambiguous titles-for-names.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm listening to the podcast right now.

Heard a few neat things:
Timelords live in parallel to each other through a single timeline despite when and where they are.
RTD admitted that Wilf and the Doctor didn't need to take the Tardis to the mansion, but he thought that Bernard deserved a proper ride in the Tardis. :-)
Back to top Go down
tegan4
tegan4

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-21

PostSubject: End of Time.   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:16 am

Here's a thought. I was watching the clip of David Tennant on the BBC Breakfast show, and he basically said you think the 'he will knock four times' thing is the Master, but we'll have to watch to see what it is. They keep showing the same clip with Timothy Dalton saying 'the heart beat of a Time Lord'; So, maybe a Time Lord's hearts each beating once would give us 'four'...? Just a wacky guess.

I think it's going to be really interesting to see what happens to Wilf, being the 'heart of coincidence' and not Donna. Kind of like an Ace type of thing, well, a bit. Not the same, but you know what I'm saying. I hope Donna and Wilf are alright. We'll have to wait and see!

Currently watching 'Rise of the Cybermen' on the BBC America marathon. Who needs sleep while there's DW 24 hrs! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 pm

S is everyone ready for Par Two? Only under an hour now!

Jon
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm

For those of you in the UK maybe. But not for us in the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Or those of us with 'alternative' methods of viewing Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
For those of you in the UK maybe. But not for us in the rest of the world.

Ah, I'll hold back my erge to scream about everything then! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Jon
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm

rdks wrote:
Or those of us with 'alternative' methods of viewing Smile

Just finished it.... I'll be ranting and complaining in the other thread...
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 am

I liked Part 2 a lot more than Part 1. I'm definitely ready for a writer of the Moff's caliber to take over, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

mysterylad wrote:
I liked Part 2 a lot more than Part 1. I'm definitely ready for a writer of the Moff's caliber to take over, though.

I agree with what you said in another thread about RTD jsut being tapped out. New blood is so obviously needed!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:50 am

It isnt on Youtube so will have to wait for the DVD set, just hope it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
It isnt on Youtube so will have to wait for the DVD set, just hope it is worth it.

Screw YouTube, just download it via bit torrent. I'm a Detroit Whovian and I just finished watching it, you can even find an HD version.

Gotta say, I'm gonna miss David, but I think Matt is going to be fun. I like what I saw in just the few seconds he was on.

(P.S. As with EVERY episode of DW I've ever downloaded, I always buy the DVD's they day they're released, so all the appropriate parties are getting their money from me, which is why I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about downloading them. I simply don't wish to wait however long it takes between airdate and dvd release.)
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:59 am

I download them too. Then I watch on SyFy (not sure how digital cable figures ratings, but just in case) and I always buy the DVDs. I don't have a Blu Ray Player but I might just have to spring for one to get the Specials set (and Series 5 which is sure to be on Blu Ray too)
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 am

Hey, SyFy is running the show on Sunday. That's not too shabby given how long the gap has been in the past.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:11 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
Hey, SyFy is running the show on Sunday. That's not too shabby given how long the gap has been in the past.

I'm not to happy with the edits they do, have you seen the Next Doctor? It doesn't have the same ending, it looses a lot.
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:46 am

Link removed.

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No links to torrents/streaming/etc...)
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 am

Christian wrote:
mysterylad wrote:

I agree with what you said in another thread about RTD jsut being tapped out. New blood is so obviously needed!

Yep. Whether or not one liked The End of Time, it should be plainly evident that RTD couldn't have done another series. A lot of people said his "bigger, bigger, bigger" approach was never sustainable, and this haphazard finale serves as the evidentiary smoking gun which proves the assertion. Still, I'm eternally grateful that he brought the show back, and that he brought it back with depth and emotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:10 pm

mysterylad wrote:
Christian wrote:
mysterylad wrote:

Yep. Whether or not one liked The End of Time, it should be plainly evident that RTD couldn't have done another series. A lot of people said his "bigger, bigger, bigger" approach was never sustainable, and this haphazard finale serves as the evidentiary smoking gun which proves the assertion. Still, I'm eternally grateful that he brought the show back, and that he brought it back with depth and emotion.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:38 am

As much as everybody thought the "people's heads going blurry as they turn into the Master" effect dragged on and on, a thought occurred to me tonight...

Almost the exact same effect was used when the Master was trying to take over the eighth Doctor's body in the TVM.

I don't know if the director did that on purpose, but either way it fits perfectly. Once again the TVM proves to be a huge influence on the current series.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Just a reminder. Please refrain from posting links or discussing methods for obtaining unofficial copies of Doctor Who episodes online. Thanks to google it's ridiculously easy to find such things on your own (if you choose to) without getting the good folks at WhoNA in trouble.

There are lots of ways to watch Doctor Who. BBCA has gotten a lot better at broadcasting things right away, and I believe all 5 specials were shown without cuts (though commercials were added). Episodes are also available via iTunes, Netflix (DVD and streaming), Amazon ondemand, various cable company ondemand services, and good ole' DVD (bluray too) sold right here on WhoNA.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm

I got scared when something happened to someone's heads. Crying or Very sad It was the movement. Sad
Back to top Go down

The End of Time
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4