timewarrior
6 posters
AuthorMessage
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

validity of season 6b Empty
PostSubject: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:32 am

what is you guys take on this? I think its a real possibility. Almost like the writers unintentionally at first, but then later on intentionally wrote this into the series. . .long live the :doc2:
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 am

I totally agree that season 6B has been retroactively worked into the show...The Two Doctors, in particular, makes it seem pretty obvious (the second Doctor enters the tale running an errand for the Time Lords, for crying out loud!).

I'm a 6B believer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 am

I have heard of Season 6B but have never read a definitive article about it, is there one out there?

I always thought they screwed up by having the missing companion be Victoria and not Zoe. Zoe was there at the end so if the Timelords did allow a different sentence then the Two Doctors wouldnt have any glitches in being a valid continuation.

Jamie also didnt know who the Timelords were before the War Games, so it makes Two Doctors a little difficult to accept.

But since we saw it on TV it happened. Not to mention, I really like the Second Doctors adventures!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 am

Yes it would seem that from the war games on, the constant reapearances of the 2nd doctor was in season 6b. In all the multi doctor stories, something in the background was just going on that made you want more of patrick troughton! It even explains how the 3rd doctor knew about the sontarans, he met them in the two doctors! how serendipitous is that? If only they could incorporate 6b in the new series. . .may in some kind of exposition piece or someting. . .like the doctor regaining some sort of memory or finding some sort of record or something. . .ah one can dream. . .
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:53 am

Regarding to 2 doctors, read the season 6b synopsis on wikipedia! Basically, after war games, the 2nd doctor was working for the time lords, he helped them out in the 3 doctors, in 5 doctors, he was on a mission alone when he met the brigadeer and got captured. this happened after 3 doctors, because 2 and 3 remembered each other. After 5 doctors, the 2nd doctor was able to find jaime again and either 1, told him victoria was off studying somewhere, or 2 had managed to run into victoria again and she really was off studying. Anyway, with the sixth doctor not remembering key elements of this story and being envious of the special remote the 2nd doctor had, one can assume that there was some type of mind wipe on the 2nd doctor before spearhead from space occured. However, perhaps there remained enough of a memory imprint in the 3rd doctor to allow him to remember the sontarans! It all makes sense!!!! This is the conspiracy to end all conspiracies! The BBC needs to give us answers! The balloon doggies demand it!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 am

it also works for the Five Doctors, how else would the 2nd Doctor know that Jamie and Zoe's memories were erased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 pm

If I remember correctly, the pop-up production notes on The Two Doctors dvd said that Robert Holmes wrote the story as a season 6b adventure for the 2nd Doctor as he was a believer in the theory.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm

I've read that same thing, Tuf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:22 pm

But would they carry it over into the new series? I mean, if they can have a young arnold in the new terminator movie, then perhaps a fleeting cameo of the 2nd doctor? One can truly dream!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Well to be fair since Pat Troughton is no longer with us, why would they need to? I mean unless the Doctor mentions that he used to do their dirty work, there is no need to go into any of the season 6B in the new series. it's in a goods place right now because the clues are there for those who like the theory and for those who don't they don't have to follow them.

I think it also says a lot that when the Doctor gets angry at the Time lords in Genesis for the continual interference in his life, that we had really only seen them bug Pertwee about 3 times, so you could take from that that after the events of season 6B he was really tired of working for them.

I love 6B, it explains the multi-Doctor stories errors for me, it explains Jamie's age in the 2 Doctors and it shows good reason for the Doctor to still want to run from the time lords after they forgave him because they can control him like that.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:09 am

I always wanted to them to do something with the terrible zodan mentioned in the five doctors...just like the giant rat of sumatra in sherlock holmes....well er doctor who did that of course in the talons of wc. Pat T was such a great doc- just watched tomb of the cybermen last night-
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:28 am

Yeah, he was the best! I only wish they hadn't lost so many of his stories! Perhaps they will make more animated ones like the invasion story. I thoroughly enjoyed that one and have always hoped they'd use more of the viewer recordings to bring back the classic episodes!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm

we can only wish and nag the bbc....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:48 pm

I am looking forward to the Dominators on DVD someday. I hope Ronald Allen is still alive to do commentary. He was suitably commanding as the Dominator. He was also in Ambassadors of Death.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Always wanted to see the highlanders...always loved jamie and would have loved to have seen his first story- at least I have the audio.
Back to top Go down
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:08 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I am looking forward to the Dominators on DVD someday. I hope Ronald Allen is still alive to do commentary. He was suitably commanding as the Dominator. He was also in Ambassadors of Death.

According to imdb he died in 1991.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:30 am

Tuf wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:

According to imdb he died in 1991.

CRAP! Mad Apart from the companions and the writers I dont think anyone else involved in that story is still alive.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:04 am

i have been thinking about this cost expense problem with getting more animated stories and i think they should do them and air them as saturday morning cartoons. hit! or can we get the six degrees of seperation working and put presure on bill gates. you cant be that dorky and not like doctor who. he could do it as a charity to the historical restoration of doctor who. bam! every body wins. the only other choice is to declare me dictator of the world and i will make this happen. my political slogan. change with animation you can count on.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 am

the only issue with the saturday morning cartoons idea is that they would have to make the cartoons in color. Which isn't bad, but it wouldn't jive with the rest of their surviving stories.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

I think the prospect of selling to the fans would be enough motive to make the animations for the early stories. once the BBC runs out of original stories to put on dvd. . .all they'll have left is the promise of making the incomplete serials complete! Of course here's hoping that they'll find some like Marco Polo or the last episode of the tenth planet. Me I can't wait until they release the war games!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:06 pm

i had never heard of 6b before this post and went and read it. i found i very interesting. then by chance a friend sent me a link to a paul cornell blog that sort of takes all points of continuity and "cannon" and makes for a very good all be it long read which i found very fascinating.

http://www.paulcornell.com:80/2007/02/canonicity-in-doctor-who.html
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: validity of season 6b   validity of season 6b EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Long article, however, on the whole, I think that the BBC and the producers of doctor who have tried to keep the show from straying off into a lot of bizarre tangents. They've been a few, I'll admit, (the doctor being half human, or whether or not a regeneration can be self imposed whereby the form is chooseable. . .) but other than that, I find they have tried to stay true to the original concept in both the classic series and the new.
Back to top Go down

validity of season 6b
Page 1 of 1