greenk9
mumbojumbo21
Clavius
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Your Video/DVD Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Video/DVD Collection   Your Video/DVD Collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 am

expense. There is a discussion of it on Doctor Who Forum. The boys at 2E have said it costs too much at the current time to do animations. Of course remember when they colorised The Daemons?, now Planet of the Daleks part 3 is now coming out with new technology not available then.

There is a site that is tad bit 'brusque' hope I spelled that right, but it shows a promo for Web of Fear as an animation. It is brill. Because it is a rather 'sdult' site I wont post it publically, but if anyone wants it, I can send it to you privately. I am not contributing to the delinquency of Who Minors!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Your Video/DVD Collection   Your Video/DVD Collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:26 pm

At least Shada was re-done in animation (or whatever you call it) with Paul McGann and I prefer it over the VHS version that was released ages ago (I still listen to the Big Finish audio of it). I wonder when (or if) they will release that title on DVD. That is literally the only VHS tape I have left and the reason I still have a VCR on hand.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Your Video/DVD Collection   Your Video/DVD Collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
At least Shada was re-done in animation (or whatever you call it) with Paul McGann and I prefer it over the VHS version that was released ages ago (I still listen to the Big Finish audio of it). I wonder when (or if) they will release that title on DVD. That is literally the only VHS tape I have left and the reason I still have a VCR on hand.

two quick things here,

1- I hope that they get the actors back and record the missing scenes from Shada to make an animated version of those scene similar to how they did the Invasion. that would be great.

and

2- the beautiful thing about the BF version of Shada is that it mentions that the events of the original Shada did happen and then were undone because of Tom and Romana being ripped out of time in the Five Doctors. So both Versions still happened and I love that aspect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Video/DVD Collection   Your Video/DVD Collection - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:38 pm

the original vhs version of shada surprised me- I had no idea how much was filmed- I thought it was very little...there was an awful lot of footage that survived. It was disjointed but I loved the quirkiness and feel- was so sad it never was finished. The audio book was above excellent- it ranks as one of my favorites...it helped fill in the gaps and feels more complete.
Back to top Go down

Your Video/DVD Collection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2