Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MirrorSpock
MirrorSpock

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-07-15

MirrorSpock's CO Collection Empty
PostSubject: MirrorSpock's CO Collection   MirrorSpock's CO Collection EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:40 am

Good morning all! I haven't posted in a LONG time ('bout a decade!), due to divorce, job changes, moving, etc. Couldn't seem to find the time. But, I have continued collecting all of the 5.5" Doctor Who toys that CO has been churning out over the years. Now that I am in a fairly permanent address--and now that CO's 5.5" output has slowed to a crawl--I have decided to start displaying my figures and accessories!

I've only completed my display of Classic Who so far, but I'm getting there... I'm using some of the standard Mainstay-Brand shelving units/bookcases from Wal-Mart, slightly modified, to display them. To give a multi-level effect, I've been 3D-printing some hexagonal platforms. The platforms take a LONG time to print, so it's probably going to take me another six months to print enough to accommodate the 9th-12th toys.

But please--take a look at what I've got so far... Very Happy

This is a full pic of all my shelves and toys, but the only shelves of any consequence are the ones comprising the left "wing." The stuff in the middle and right are just awaiting some display hexes and some proper arrangement:

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160710

More to come!
Back to top Go down
MirrorSpock
MirrorSpock

PostSubject: Re: MirrorSpock's CO Collection   MirrorSpock's CO Collection EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:47 am

This is the far left wing, comprising my sonics, TARDISes, and all Dalek-related figures (besides the Roboman):

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160711

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160712

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160713

More to come!
Back to top Go down
MirrorSpock
MirrorSpock

PostSubject: Re: MirrorSpock's CO Collection   MirrorSpock's CO Collection EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:54 am

This is the next section from the left, comprising, well, everything else Classic. Large items (like monsters and Sontaran ships) are on the very top, with display stands full of 5.5" figures on the other four shelves. (The top shelf also houses the Priory set from "Pyramids of Mars.")

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160714

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160715

MirrorSpock's CO Collection 20160716

I haven't figured out what to do with the bottom shelf yet. Considering the sheer volume of New Series figures, it'll probably be some bleed-over from that by necessity.

Hope to share more soon...but first I gotta print more hexes. Thanks for looking! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MirrorSpock's CO Collection   MirrorSpock's CO Collection EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am

That is a very sweet collection you got going on!  I really like the hexes.  It really helps to show off the different Doctor and Companion variants quite well.

Although I do want to pose your figures with their fingers pointing and saying "V'jer!" lol!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: MirrorSpock's CO Collection   MirrorSpock's CO Collection EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 12:01 pm

Great stuff, MirrorSpock!!
Back to top Go down

MirrorSpock's CO Collection
Page 1 of 1