Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse Empty
PostSubject: Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse   Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 pm

I just saw an advert for this showing locally this sunday on WTTW 11 in Chicago at 8 pm.

It seems to be the story of the National Viewers and Listeners Association that Mary Whitehouse was a member of.

For those of us old enough, and who follow the history of Who, will recall that Mary Whitehouse was the old bat that got The Deadly Assassin hacked for one episode ending and probably had something to do with Phillip Hinchcliffe being moved to another program. She constantly criticised BBC programming, not just the good Doctor, but she also never offered a solution, just constant criticism.

I am pretty sure that Doctor Who will get mentioned on this, if it isnt then it was a waste of production!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse   Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:44 am

imagine if she was till alive today and saw torchwood.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse   Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 am

I just finished watching the show, and I must say, they presented her in a sympathetic light.

Ironically, she passed away on November the 23rd 2001. YIKES!

And they did reference Doctor Who. They showed scenes from Tomb of the Cybermen.

As an aside, the actor that portrays Hugh Greene would make an excellent future Doctor I think.
Back to top Go down

Filth! on Masterpiece Classic - Mary Whitehouse
Page 1 of 1