12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Absolutely love the EarthShock episode 5 Claymation short under special features. I don't know if this was on my DVD copy but maybe they could make more to fill in little gaps on the show. This little bit of story made my day and makes the EarthShock ending waaaaay more enjoyable:)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Yeah...that was an easter egg on the DVD.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Additional features on the bonus disc include a new hour long interview like they did with Tom, a Panopticon '93 panel with Matthew, Janet, and Nick Courtney moderated by Nick Briggs, the Jovanka Airlines trailer for this set, and...Time Crash...!!!!!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Hate to even ask this ... anyone notice any issues with the discs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm

I haven't, but I've only watched the episodes without any subtitles and any new special features. Everything there looks and sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Time Crash huh? Nice...I wonder if that leaves a glimmer of hope that the 5-ish Drs could find it's way onto a future season set.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:58 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I haven't, but I've only watched the episodes without any subtitles and any new special features.  Everything there looks and sounds good to me.  

great!

That makes a nice change! Shada I'm looking at you...
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Krynoid wrote:
I wonder if that leaves a glimmer of hope that the 5-ish Drs could find it's way onto a future season set.

I hope so, cuz i didn't buy the Complete Matt Smith set, cuz...well...its the complete Matt Smith...
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm

digby wrote:
Hate to even ask this ... anyone notice any issues with the discs?

If there were any, I can promise you it would have been all over the Who-net by now with an email for sending a request in for replacement discs.

I still have my spare pair they mailed to me. Not going to get rid of them, because you never know if someone might need them in the future.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am

Whooz wrote:
If there were any, I can promise you it would have been all over the Who-net by now with an email for sending a request in for replacement discs.

Yeah, I was looking out for those headlines but didn't see any, wasn't sure if it was because the set was still just so new. How long did it take people to see the misspelled name in the credits for the Tom Baker set?

To be honest I'm still shocked they offered replacement discs for the Baker set to fix something as tiny as a mis-spelled name. Especially when there have been major mastering issues and problems with releases like "Shada" and the earlier "Moonbase", but they go unaddressed?

Sure the audio issue in "Sontaran Experiment" was a bit more major, but the re-issued "Revenge" disc for a mis-spelled name and slight flicker in the last scene is just ... wow.

Poor "Shada!!"
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 am

digby wrote:
To be honest I'm still shocked they offered replacement discs for the Baker set to fix something as tiny as a mis-spelled name. Especially when there have been major mastering issues and problems with releases like "Shada" and the earlier "Moonbase", but they go unaddressed?

Sure the audio issue in "Sontaran Experiment" was a bit more major, but the re-issued "Revenge" disc for a mis-spelled name and slight flicker in the last scene is just ... wow.

Poor "Shada!!"

This was the first release of what is probably planned to be a complete rerelease of the property. And if they are perceived to not care about quality by not offering to fix even what some consider a slight issue, while others would go nuts over it, all of the future releases could have suffered as a result. A majority of people I know were waiting to order the season 19 set until AFTER others had, in case there were issues with the initial release.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 am

Whooz wrote:
This was the first release of what is probably planned to be a complete rerelease of the property. And if they are perceived to not care about quality by not offering to fix even what some consider a slight issue, while others would go nuts over it, all of the future releases could have suffered as a result. A majority of people I know were waiting to order the season 19 set until AFTER others had, in case there were issues with the initial release.

Good point. I think at the time I wondered if the Tom Baker first season Blu-Ray was an experiment to test the waters. Maybe good sales justified them looking to take responsibility?

I wonder, will they see it through? All 26 seasons?

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:35 pm

digby wrote:

If they do, we'll all be like Luke in your avatar but with the piles of Classic Who DVDs What a Face
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Rogue wrote:
digby wrote:

If they do, we'll all be like Luke in your avatar but with the piles of Classic Who DVDs What a Face

Ha! Very Happy

Oddly enough, I don't think I could bear to do that to my old Who DVDs!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 12:01 am

digby wrote:

Well...you gotta have complete seasons to do "complete season" sets, which isn't possible unless a LOT of work is done to recreate complete episodes and serials for the first six seasons.

To that end, all they'd have to do is create a complete animated and/or reconstructed Marco Polo for season one, the two missing episodes of The Crusade for season two, and all four episodes of The Space Pirates for season six.  The other three seasons need much more work to be completed.

All we can do is hope.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 pm

I just heard there is a mastering issue on this set as well. Waiting to get the precise details, but mine was a gift from a friend, so as long as it is not anything too serious I will live with it. So, if any of you have noticed anything that could be why. I have not been able to watch too much of it with being too busy at work.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 12:52 am

I didn't notice anything.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray   Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 am

Here is the list I was given regarding the mistakes on this set. I just cancelled my Colin Baker season pre-order. Will wait until they decide to get these things right for once. Some people might not care, but these are very expensive sets, even when they go on sale, and I would prefer not having to constantly send emails to the support group for replacements. I know the Two Doctors will have the Jimmy Saville bit taken off, so that is understandable. Although they could just edit out his bits.

Castrovalva:- Part 1: extended cutaway shot of the sky when Adric is pointing the way to E-Space, the cut back to Adric and the Guards has the Ambulance halfway off the screen. (The DVD was correct) Episode 1 also has a scanner error @ 4:10. The scanner door no longer opens, it’s. open from the start, an oversight that came with the newly added film sequence. Three lines of production subtitles are missing from episode 4, as the crew approaches the Tardis at the end. It is part of the story of Mathew Waterhouse vomiting, which is told in the commentary, and just about every other feature on the disc.

Kinda:- possible ‘masking’ error on the right side during one of the first (reprisal) shots of episode 2. For these sets, black bars are composited on the sides to hide the analogue edges, and it “blips” out here.

The Visitation:- Episode 3 scanner shot has two versions overlaid, the transmitted one, and the HD film, with ‘opacity reduced. Studio shot of switches missing from episode 2, as the axe man and other villagers are ‘activated’ by the alien threat.

Black Orchid – Part 2: The shot of the Tardis materializing at Cranleigh Hall starts a second too early, the Studio Sound from the previous scene at the very start. The DVD version has the same issue, so this is probably as it was transmitted.

Timeflight – Missing studio shot from episode 1 @ 1:02 Film perforations not ‘blanked’ in at least one shot from episode 4.
Back to top Go down

Peter Davison Season 19 on Blu Ray
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2