As the thread header states, I'm having some issues with my 18 inch, voice control Dalek.
Here are some bullet points to clarify the issues.
* Stored in climate controlled environment (read: a closet in my bedroom)
* Batteries were NOT left in toy to corrode
* Inserted fresh batteries
* In R/C mode, controls running wheels and audio clips are fine
* LEDs in "flashers" and eyestalk glow without issue
I wondered if the control box might have developed faults with the dome and eyestalk levers or transmitting circuits, however...
* When switch to interactive mode, dome and eystalk do NOT move as part of "diagnostic"
* There is NO "whining" or "grinding" suggesting a "jammed" motor, there's simply no activity
This suggests, at least to my limited knowledge of such things, that the issue is within the Dalek itself, not the radio transmitter. It might be something as simple as a loose wire or two linking the motors gearing those two functions, but I don't want to start "tearing open" the shell and possibly making issues worse.
Dose anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Or, at the very least, can someone point me towards a person or forum offering advice on "Dalek repair"?
BilP.S. If I've placed this in the wrong forum, feel free to relocate it.