64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Received the Patrick Trougthon and Jon Pertwee TARDIS today and am happy to have added them to my collection.  I do have one nagging question that's has been bugging me about theses releases since day #1 when they came out with the 1st, 4th and 7th Doctors TARDIS.

My question is the choice of stories there from.  For Patrick Trougthon t it comes from his final adventures "The War Games" and naturally the next story in "Spearhead from Space which is Jon's first.  Having been watching Dr. Who since July 1975 I've been around for a while so if some one with more knowledge can answer this for  me please do.

Its the same TARDIS used in season 7 (granted it only appeared in the first story of the season), I cant tell the difference (apart from the fact season 7 was shot in color)

Now starting with "The Curse of Peladon" the Doctors' the TARDIS looks different to the one last seen in "Colony in Space".

For The Pertwee TARDIS from "The Monster of Peladon" threw to Tom Baker's debut story "Robot" they had the exact same TARDIS shell as well.

Now in "Monster of Peladon" it is only seen on film on location in a dark cave  whilst in "Planet of the Spiders" and "Robot" it is seen on the studio with bright lights on video tape.  So does any one else think they should be the same color?  It does look a little darker on film than it does on video tape but its the same TARDIS.

As for the 4th Doctor TARDIS (which I have the original release and the new one)  The 4th Doctors scenes in the UNIT lab were shot on the same set as "Planet of the Spiders" as Nick Courtney, Elizabeth Sladen and Jon Levine have spoke of filming with both Doctors on the same day.

So to me this seems like a big marketing ploy from Character Option's as the second Doctors TARDIS is also the third Doctors TARDIS (as seen is Spearhead from Space") and the 4th Doctors TARDIS is also the 3rd Doctors TARDIS. (as seen in "Planet of the Spiders")

You would think C O would have used the TARDIS from a season 10 story and could also use the Pertwee figure with a bow tie as well.

Just wondering if any of you guys and gals out there perhaps know of some changes made to the TARDIS prop during the 1974 season as I can not  see it.

Still very happy to add these to my TARDIS collections
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:32 pm

I know that a new TARDIS prop was made after Seeds of Doom when the prop is reported to have collapsed on Lis Sladen when they were filming the closing scenes.

If they had chosen the 2nd Doctor TARDIS from Evil of the Daleks the door sign would be on the wrong side!

This link is a great resource about the prop - http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/tardis-police-box.html
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 am

They just announced another around of B&M set for October
3 Repainted outfits Companions sets
A new 5th Doctor & his TARDIS
& 2 more history of the Daleks waves
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 am

Bye bye money
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Interesting repaints. But my fav Romana II outfit
was the one from State Of Decay.
But I can see why they did the Nimon one. It's
bright red and catches the eye.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Here's some pics I lifted off the DW Merch site...

YAY!!! ...a Sarah for the Third Doctor! (from The Monster of Peladon)
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Set-2-3
LOVE this Terror of the Zygons set the most!
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Set-4-3
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 5th-tardis
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Set-1-3
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Set-8-1
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Set-3-4
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Funny thing is, my Axos UNIT set is the only one I haven't taken the figures out of, kinda underwhelming to me. And why no 6th Doctor and TARDIS?, from Mindwarp with the red necktie, then we would have all of his iterations finally!
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 am

That Tom figure... huh...
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 am

We really need a Nimon to go with that Romana!
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 am

Still no news on a classic tardis console I like the new sets tho.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 am

TinDogRory wrote:
That Tom figure... huh...

He looks ancient.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 pm

It looks like a Hartnell head!
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Well...I dunno...I always thought he looked a little...jowly...in this one...
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 Terror-of-the-zygons-1

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 0c10b3b9deb160193726eda46b588178

...so I think the figure looks pretty good
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 pm

The face wrinkles on the figure are too exaggerated. They make him look like Tom does nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 pm

No complaints from me,I just want one.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:53 pm

Those Dalek domes look super shiny! I wonder if we’re getting a new silver paint? I also wonder if the “saucer guard” will match the old one, or if it’s colors will be more like the “Jungles of Mechanus” sets. It looks like the original paint job.

I think the companions are a bit of a mixed bag.

“Terror of the Zygons” looks cool. I love the camouflage fatigues and period-accurate weapons. Never thought we’d get a tam o’shanter Tom either. BUT... Why on earth would they have a “mustached” Yates, and not a Zygon?! Or a “kilted” Brigadier (with Kilt a kilt and legs they could later reuse for Jamie McCrimmon!)

The ladies:
I’m super excited about the new Romana figures, but I wish the Horns of Nimon Romana has a more fitted “coat” piece, like the “Power of Kroll” Romana got. I also wish we got a slightly more different Sarah Jane (maybe use a retool/repaint of the Gelth Zombie figure to make a “Pyramids of Mars” Sarah?)

Nevertheless, I LOVE that CO is getting back in the game, and I hope we’ll see these in the U.S.!

I MUST get that Fifth Doctor Tardis!
I would love it if we got a “proper” Harry Sullivan (using a repaint/retool of the Dalek Sec hybrid body, with the Harry Sullivan head).
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 pm

thebreen wrote:
BUT... Why on earth would they have a “mustached” Yates, and not a Zygon?!

Well, that's not being sold as a 'tached Yates. That is meant to be a generic U.N.I.T. soldier, for army building. I can imagine them releasing some others with different heads down the road. On Roobarb's, they showed a trooper who looked like that repaint. Was from one of the Tom Baker stories, as Sarah and Harry are also pictured in the shot.

Quote :

I would love it if we got a “proper” Harry Sullivan

That's why I totally passed on the 'raincoat' version. That's definitely not how I remember him, and I know Character's tactics of releasing a 'variant' version of a character first (fatigues Brig, wolf-head Sutekh, etc), then releasing the 'iconic' version later. I'll wait for the inevitable blue-jacket Harry.

With all these repaints, we might be closer to Tegan than I thought. All you need is a head sculpt, and you could do pretty much all three of her mini-skirt looks by recycling parts from previous figures. And, of course, Turlough would be super easy, since he wore that suit most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 6:31 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 5th-tardis

Is that TARDIS the same as the "China special" that was on ebay several years back (not officially released by CO)?

And I'm also glad to see more figures, even if they're mostly clever repaints of existing CO parts. I only wish the previous UNIT set came with the rifles in this Zygons set.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 8:51 pm

Broke down early this morning and picked up the Claws of Axos set as well as the 4th Doctor companions and the 13th Doctors TARDIS.

I have to say I am a bit underwhelmed by the Claws of Axos set as it seems to me at least that Benton and Yates look almost identical'

Im glad to see we are getting a Sarah Jane in her Monster of Peladon costume now that we have the 5th Doctor, the TARDIS and an Ice Warrior. already in play
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
The face wrinkles on the figure are too exaggerated. They make him look like Tom does nowadays.

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 12022210
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 12010110
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 12017810

It's sadly the paint that lets it down.  The digital sculpt itself from The Affable Design Company Ltd is superb!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 10:47 pm

It looks like another great sculpt and a pretty good match to that photo seven posts above. Maybe the sculpt is too good?
Of course it looks like there may be a bit too much paint on the final figure that hides some of the detail. Overall I'm thrilled that we're getting a Highland Doctor figure.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 10:42 am

It looks like Character Options has now provided us with a video explaining all these new releases. This includes some info on why particular parts were selected (Ryan's coat and the source of the Zygons Doctor Head)
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 pm

The Daleks all look to be repaints from The Chase and Daleks Master Plan sets that I bought god knows how many years ago now.  I won't be picking these up as they are minor color changes but other wise the same ones I have sitting on the shelf right now.  Still for those who don't have them I am happy they are available again.

I'm most interested in the Sarah Jane Smith figure from The Monster of Peladon as that one can be displayed with the Third Doctor, TARDIS and Ice Warrior figure previously released.

Looking forward to the 5th Doctor and TARDIS as that is one TARDIS I actually missed and as the TARDIS changed starting with "The Leisure Hive" again.

Nice new figure of Tom Baker from "Terror of the Zygons" as well as Benton but the UNIT solider is simply the Mike Yates figures minus the pips on his shoulders and a 70's mustache.  I would have preferred The Brigadier in a kilt or Harry Sullivan in his Royal Navy Service Dress Blue.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 pm

I'll definitely be going for the 4th Doctor companions set again:) the 4th Doctor set as well.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:02 am

Bob1963 wrote:
I would have preferred The Brigadier in a kilt or Harry Sullivan in his Royal Navy Service Dress Blue.

Oh, I'm sure we've not seen the last of Mr. Sullivan. If they were only ever going to do one of him, I doubt they'd have slapped that raincoat on him!

If they ever get around to putting that Jamie figure into production, then I could easily see them doing a kilted Brig, as that'd be two figures they could get from the same mould from the waist down.
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next