Ianotimelord
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

No full series in 2016? Empty
PostSubject: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:25 am

From Doctor Who TV:

Rumours abound today with talk of Doctor Who possibly not airing a full series in 2016, due to Moffat’s Sherlock commitments.

The source is Private Eye [via], who wrote in the latest issue of their magazine:

Not long now till the return of Doctor Who, which arrives back on screens for the ninth series of its latest incarnation on 19 September. Fans should make as much as they can of this 12-part run, as BBC staff have recently been informed that showrunner Steven Moffat’ commitments to his other hit show Sherlock mean that there will be no full series of Doctor Who in 2016.

It’s important to note that the source in question is predominately known in the UK for its satirical content. However they have also posted a couple of Doctor Who stories in the past which turned out to have some truth in them. For now we’ll just have to wait for an official comment.

A BBC spokeperson told Den of Geek: “It’s too early to confirm the schedule for future series at this point. We’re all excited for the new series that starts on the 19th of September”.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 am

My thoughts on this are the BBC in their annual report confirmed series 10. Russell T Davis managed to write for Doctor Who, SJA and Torchwood, If Moffat can't handle it then let someone else write for Who or Sherlock. If this report is true.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:51 am

IF this is true, I'd rather the Grand Moff focus on Sherlock, which he does extremely well, and let go of Doctor Who, which he does not, and let someone else take over Who.

...in my opinion. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 12:01 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
IF this is true, I'd rather the Grand Moff focus on Sherlock, which he does extremely well, and let go of Doctor Who, which he does not, and let someone else take over Who.

...in my opinion. Wink

What that guy said! ^
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

...in my opinion. Wink

My opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Why would the BBC wait around for Moffat and put off a series of one of their biggest sources of revenue? They will lose thousands. Just get rid of Moffat and employ someone else better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Scary wrote:
Why would the BBC wait around for Moffat and put off a series of one of their biggest sources of revenue? They will lose thousands. Just get rid of Moffat and employ someone else better.

^ that ^
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Scary wrote:

I agree totally
Back to top Go down
Arlecchino
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:13 pm

I am starting to worry that either Capaldi will not return and/or that Moffat will not turn in a complete season 10 in 2016.
After watching the first three episodes which have all focused on death, after looking at the coming attractions for the fourth episode, in which the Doctor says that he is a "dead man walking," after the announcement that Coleman departs during this season, after reading about the dispute between BBC and Moffat over his being the Doctor Who and Sherlock show runner (apparently, the BBC wants him to give up Who) and after re-reading Moffat's and Capaldi's late summer interviews, my fears have not been assuaged.

Are we in for a repeat of the Eccleston-Tennant switch or for a year of a four specials as we had prior to the Tennant departure?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:16 pm

The articles I read a week ago said Capaldi turned down a request from the BBC to do more episodes a year.  The interviews with him said that the current number of episodes is exhausting for cast and crew.  Ratings and timeshift numbers have not changed much from previous years.  BBCA ratings broke records this year.  And now we have a spin off announced.

I am not sure where these rumors keep coming from.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The articles I read a week ago said Capaldi turned down a request from the BBC to do more episodes a year.  The interviews with him said that the current number of episodes is exhausting for cast and crew.  Ratings and timeshift numbers have not changed much from previous years.  BBCA ratings broke records this year.  And now we have a spin off announced.

I am not sure where these rumors keep coming from.

Yeah, this is my thinking. The show is the best it's been in years, too, IMO; Series 8 was fantastic and Series 9 has so far and is looking to continue to be even better. But the rumours do keep popping up which is worrying me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Granted the live ratings have dropped a lot with the last few weeks being against this rugby thing. (Sorry, I am waiting for baseball playoffs) But the time shift puts it back in line with what it always been. And the AI has stayed high. To me, it seams like the 80s and JNT hating fans all over again, but instead of letters to fan magazines, they have the internet to post their dislike over and over and over again. As I have learned in the retail business, people complain more than they praise something.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:24 am

I just want good consistent Doctor Who season after season.It looks like Moffat can't handle it anymore so he needs to go.And if Capaldi is exhausted then maybe be needs to go to but please get someone who CAN handle it and will stick around more than 2 or 3 years.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:23 am

Same old rumors every year....

The doctor is leaving, ratings are down, no full series, series postponed... blah blah blah

I am loving this series, its the best its been in years!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: No full series in 2016?   No full series in 2016? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:20 am

Truth!!! This season is winning me over, even beating out the Star Wars hype!!! And that's saying something. I really enjoyed last season as well.
Back to top Go down

No full series in 2016?
Page 1 of 1