23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:35 pm

I knew you were who I hoped you were, AJ.  Wink  It's good to have you back.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:57 pm

I haven't posted in the off-topic thread in... how long?

So I see my suggestion to sticky it finally got noticed. Razz

Hello there a1c! a1cmustangpilot.. wasn't it?

@The 2nd Doctor Roberts: Your username wouldn't be inspired by "The Dread Pirate Roberts" would it?
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Sorry, no relation to either of the Dread Pirate Robertses. When I first joined the forum all those years ago, I attempted to go by the name "Doctor Roberts" but was informed that the name was already owned by some character who made his one and only post, then left. Since I still wanted to incorporate some part of my actual name in my forum name, "The 2nd Doctor Roberts" seemed a fitting choice.

My real name is a secret that really should never be revealed, but as this is my 1100th anniversary post, it seems an appropriate time to disregard the continuity established in the previous 1099 posts. So it can now be revealed...the name of The 2nd Doctor Roberts is...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GumballGirl
GumballGirl

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-05-05

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:23 am

Sorry I keep disappearing for days!

I went to Leavenworth last weekend for Maifest and my dad proposed to his highschool sweetheart!

My life has been a bit stressful lately but hopefully things are going to get better.

I'm really wanting to take story pics again but I am totally not sure where I should post them anymore.
~
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:51 pm

GumballGirl wrote:
I'm really wanting to take story pics again but I am totally not sure where I should post them anymore.
~

Welcome back!

I suggest posting them in the Fan Creations section and dedicating your own thread to wherever your imagination takes you!

https://whona.forumotion.com/f11-fan-creations

Its the best place to show off one's creativity and art.
Back to top Go down
GumballGirl
GumballGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:45 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
GumballGirl wrote:
~

Welcome back!

I suggest posting them in the Fan Creations section and dedicating your own thread to wherever your imagination takes you!

https://whona.forumotion.com/f11-fan-creations

Its the best place to show off one's creativity and art.

What if it's not entirely Who-related? Like I don't have any 3.75" figures for Doctor Who (yet) and I am kind of waiting on getting Bucky before I do anything with my 5" figures again.
~
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:56 pm

It doesn't matter if it's Who-related.
Back to top Go down
GumballGirl
GumballGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:15 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
It doesn't matter if it's Who-related.

Fantastic! I shall get a thread up shortly!

I've been needing my hobby again.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 7:01 am

I had the strangest dream(s) last night and just have to put it down somewhere. Not sure about everyone else, but my dreams seem to meld into each other. So, I eventually end up in an enclosed shopping mall, the kind where the store fronts face huge curved windows on the walkway facing to the parking lot. So, it is daytime and it is a trading card show, but no one is there yet. Everything is white, the floor, the table cloths, the displays on the tables (this will make sense later), I end up speaking to Raymond Cusick (the designer of the Daleks) and it isn't just like I am watching an old dvd interview, but he and I are having a serious conversation about design and he has his cane and is noticeably older and tired.

This is where it gets a bit fuzzy, I end up coming back and we talk some more about him doing signature plates for a book and how they had been waiting for them, and he seems annoyed at this, maybe something to do with people always asking for autographs. Then he excuses himself and comes back with a photograph. He says he had this made up for me. It shows me sitting in a chair behind one of these trading card dealers tables, in what would be described as a very candid shot. I am small in the field of the photo, but my name is written in blue sharpie in Cusick's hand then he turns it over and it has his signature as big as life. At this point we are talking to another dealer he apparently knows at their table and I show the picture to him. While Ray talks to one of this dealers people I lean over and tell the man that Raymond is dead, and that I have travelled in time in order to be here to get this picture. I "know" that he died (the first conversation), but now he is alive and handed me the picture, but I know for a fact that he is dead at this moment he has given me the picture. And I start to cry. At this point it goes fuzzy again and I wake up. Of course I am mad as anyone is when they wake up from one of those dreams they want to go back to, and of course the fact that it was 'real' does not help.

Most dreams are a subconscious way of sorting through thoughts from the previous day, I had glanced at an autograph card of him I got from trading cards before I went to bed, and I had always wanted to get something, such as one of my toy daleks signed by him before it was too late, but no such luck. You have to be one of those 'special friends' to people who know the behind the scenes people.I have always regretted that.

I just had to share this and get it out of my head, before I try to go back to sleep for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:53 am

Very interesting dream. Mine also tend to merge and change. Had the stuck on the bridge to St Petersburg while Godzilla destroyed it after seeing the movie dream last night. LOL
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Just thought this was funny...
The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 Catshaq
...no other reason.

It's rather hypnotic if you look at it long enough...
Back to top Go down
GumballGirl
GumballGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:57 pm

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n5yyoeoRpu1slmxlho1_500

My 6" figure of Bucky Barnes came in the mail yesterday just as my friend and I were off to see "The Winter Soldier" for a third time so I took him with me and hugged him the entire movie, even when the fire alarm went off.
~
Back to top Go down
GumballGirl
GumballGirl

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:59 pm

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n5yydtnkdO1slmxlho1_500

After the movie my friend and I went to the outlet mall to see the new Disney Store and I found Falcon.

I shrieked.

I also bought a Thor figure as well as an Avengers tshirt.

~
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Nice haul, GG! Been thinking of getting some of my own. cheers

And that is hilarious, Sea! Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:00 am

Last edited by Whoosier on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:09 am

Whoosier wrote:
I am pretty much done here. Very few post anymore, and it is usually about stuff I cannot relate to, (superheroes, and the like) Will save any PMs I have from the past but will delete the account on the 1st of June.

I hope Capaldi is the next Tom Baker!

Kinda in the same boat here!

Things have dried right up & pickings are slim for quality topics - IMO. Sad
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:33 am

Ditto - although I've taken extended breaks before and come back. I don't think deleting your account is necessary. What's the harm in leaving it active waiting for things to get exciting again?

It also seems like everything with the house needs fixing/replacing all at once, so I can't imagine choosing to spend more money on toys at the moment. Not sure I want to risk finding out that something really cool has just been released.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:00 am

With the heaviest of hearts, we had to have Willow, our 10yr old Cocker Spaniel put to sleep.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 C1_zps40103457

She was diagnosed with mouth cancer in January & we were so lucky to get to share these last few months with her.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 C2_zps8e6474cf

We got her as a pup when Moira & I were 2 months into our relationship. She was just the calmest & well mannered pup that I had ever had. I can still see her little stumpy tail wagging with glee. She loved chasing balls & digging holes. She loved life & loved cuddles.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 C4_zpsb01a1ba2

We knew that the time was right to take her to the vets. We wanted to remember her the way she was & not the way that she would become. She fell asleep peacefully & we said goodbye. My heart is that little bit emptier now but, I am happy knowing that she will be running around with Charlie over Rainbow Bridge.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 C7_zpsba30445e

Until we see each other again, run free Willow & enjoy the warm sun on your back.

The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 248774_2110629526772_286192_n

I miss you so much. You were my best friend!
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:17 am

Sounds and looks like a beautiful dog, Just Scott. Sorry to hear that her days have come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks. She was.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Sorry for your loss, I know how hard it can be.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:58 pm

So sorry Just Scott.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks Ron & Ginger. I really do appreciate your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:34 am

So sorry for your loss, I know it feels like you life has been turned inside out and back again. I lost my dog (Brutus) and my cat ( Tiggs ) within 13 days of each other.
So if you need anyone to chat to, im always on line. Ironmac
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Off-Topic Thread   The Off-Topic Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Last edited by Whoosier on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Off-Topic Thread
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next