5 posters
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm

The 2005 episode from Series 1 reintroduced the Daleks as villains, and more menacingly than ever. They properly portrayed just one Dalek as a nigh unstoppable death machine.

In the episode, it was explained that the Dalek survived the Time War by falling out of it.. or something. But we now know that Gallifrey atleast was frozen and hidden away, so what were the exact circumstances in which this Dalek escaped death?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Pretty much the way it happened on screen. Had itself blown right the heck up and thrown out with such violence it breached the Time Lock put in place to ensure the horrors of the Time War stay locked within.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Rust wrote:
Pretty much the way it happened on screen. Had itself blown right the heck up and thrown out with such violence it breached the Time Lock put in place to ensure the horrors of the Time War stay locked within.

My understanding was that the Dalek crash landed on earth before the time lock was put in place, since if he'd gone trough the time lock then surely he'd have gone insane like Caan?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 5:08 am

Scary wrote:
Rust wrote:

My understanding was that the Dalek crash landed on earth before the time lock was put in place, since if he'd gone trough the time lock then surely he'd have gone insane like Caan?

Well, when the Dalek was found, they mention it was screaming. Plus the fact it willingly "infected" itself with Rose's DNA.

Finally, the Daleks aren't exactly running on a full deck of cards at the best of times. I think there's enough to make the case the Dalek in question most definitely was insane.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:25 pm

As an old fan of the original series, I was never really enamored with the Daleks. My "monster" of choice were the Cyberman.

That being said, this episode really convinced me that the Daleks were no longer silly.
So, while not my favorite I think they did a good job.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

"Dalek" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Dalek"   "Dalek" EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Is'nt it funny that the story-lines are so complex that nobody knows what happened haha
Back to top Go down

"Dalek"
Page 1 of 1