HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

New Dalek Sculpt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 12:33 pm

I am posting this in a couple of different sections of the forum.

www.doctorwhotoys.net/dalekcomparison.htm I finished these shots very early one morning and the site owner had the page ready within a couple of hours. I used black as a background to get better contrast with the metallic colors.

Enjoy! :dalek:
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Was the reasoning behind the new sculpt as result of making a dedicated mold for standard figure as opposed to reusing the mold from the "laser tag/bravestar" rc pack?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Nice work there Hoosier. I love my Crucible Dalek and would gladly buy more if they were sold individually, though, like your pics I would prefer the sucker arm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Anonymous

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:11 am

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Was the reasoning behind the new sculpt as result of making a dedicated mold for standard figure as opposed to reusing the mold from the "laser tag/bravestar" rc pack?

I dont know why the update was done. Although, since they were doing the Supreme they may have taken the opportunity to update this one, Since it was the first one they did, they werent all that happy about it.

Like the Cyberman they may have used the somputer system to make it.

As I said, I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 am

Thank you TerraSolo, I appreciate the feedback.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
LakeErieMonster wrote:

I dont know why the update was done. Although, since they were doing the Supreme they may have taken the opportunity to update this one, Since it was the first one they did, they werent all that happy about it.

I actually think that reason was officially given by someone at some point. But don't quote me on that. It's smart though... not like they aren't ever going to make any more Daleks!
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:53 am

True, since they are going to be in the new series, right????? I mean, there are Daleks everywhere!!!!

CO will re-release them, just in a different package. Afterall, it's a new sculpt, and they have to make their money (just not with the crucible arm, most likely).
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Nice work on the comparison photos! I kept hearing "New Sculpt", and only now do I understand! Great as always!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
Anonymous

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:30 pm

neonlogo wrote:
Nice work on the comparison photos! I kept hearing "New Sculpt", and only now do I understand! Great as always!

Why Thank You! Very Happy I do it... "as a fan for the fans" alien geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

New Dalek Sculpt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dalek Sculpt   New Dalek Sculpt EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

nice....
Back to top Go down

New Dalek Sculpt
Page 1 of 1