SJA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

'I see into your soul Doctor...' Empty
PostSubject: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Can it be? CAN IT BE!!??!!

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:35 pm

That definitely sounds like him!  affraid 

I hope they carry the same tone from these trailers/teasers over into the actual stories. It's been too long since we had a proper serious/dark Dalek story, and it looks like we might just get it! So excited! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Poop on the Daleks, I'd be happy with the Dr. verses Davros with a couple of Dalek slaves thrown in... Big finish have done an amazing job utilizing the evilness and pure genius that is Davros with out having Daleks in every scene... check out "The Juggernauts" and "Davros". It is a shame we dont get the quality of the Big Finish production and scrips on the TV episodes but oh well....
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:10 pm

That was my first thought as to who it was as well.

When I first watched The Stolen Earth/Journey's End I had no idea who Davros was. Now, having watched all his stories...I am really excited. Outside Destiny there hasn't been a bad Davros story.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 am

Rust wrote:
That was my first thought as to who it was as well.

When I first watched The Stolen Earth/Journey's End I had no idea who Davros was. Now, having watched all his stories...I am really excited. Outside Destiny there hasn't been a bad Davros story.

Check out the Big Finish Audios with Davros in them.... AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:06 am

Davros and the Daleks are fine by me  Very Happy Also sounds like there is a Dalek in the trailer as well.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:43 am

Am I the only one hoping Dalek Caan also makes a return appearance?
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:38 am

Rust wrote:
Am I the only one hoping Dalek Caan also makes a return appearance?

I was thinking would he return. Love a 5" Dalek Cann figure.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:48 am

Rewatching some of Caan's scenes from Journey's End and it struck me.

Is he talking about the Tenth Doctor...or the Twelfth?

He is Coming. The Three-Fold Man.

Fold's historically suffix definition is "of many parts". Capaldi is the Twelfth incarnation of the man who identifies as the Doctor, the fourteenth regeneration of said individual.

Everlasting Death for the most faithful companion...

Assumed to be talking about Donna at the time, but consider...Clara scattered herself across the Doctor's time stream, fated to die again and again, all to help save the Doctor from the machinations of the Great Intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 am

It is Dalek Sec!!
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Wat.

B-b-b-but.. He "evolved"... and then was killed..

I seriously do hope this Dalek two-parter features Davros, though, I always thought we would see him again since we never actually saw him die, just vanish in the flames.

Dalek Caan's return could be good... they'd have to write it very well though.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, the Cult of Skaro were meant to be the unorthodox thinkers of the Dalek Empire (Pre-Time War Dalek Empire, I should amend). What if Caan wasn't insane...but playing a longer game?

When you think of the Daleks we have now - the Parliament, New Paradigm, maintainers of an asylum, their Puppets...it's a vastly different Dalek organization then we had in the Classic series. And the New Paradigm was created using pure DNA samples of Daleks/Kaleds. No half-breed mutant offshoots like the Emperor's brood or even Davros' (As Davros was a mutant even by the standards of his own people).

Once Davros' own "Children" abandoned him, it's possible Caan revealed what he'd learned - Gallifrey was not destroyed, as we ourselves learned in the 50th.

*Lightbulb goes off

Jaw Drops*

Guys. Davros was going to detonate a reality bomb. Pete's World got involved because while they weren't directly threatened, the stars were going out which tipped them off something was up. Gallifrey was shunted into a pocket dimension hidden somewhere in reality.

Davros was going to destroy reality to find Gallifrey!  affraid 
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:23 pm

What I would really like is for Davros to wipe out the Paradigm Daleks completely. What is he going to think when he sees them? He won't take kindly to the White supreme Dalek.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Of course, that would never have been RTD's reasoning for these things, but it certainly adds a new dimension and depth to The Stolen Earth/Journey's End. I like it. It's also a lot better than Davros just being like, "Yeah I made all of these Daleks and I'm gonna blow up reality just for the sake of it." I hope Moffat makes this canon.

Great thinking, Rust! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 am

Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Now that I re-watch this, it sounds more like Nicholas Briggs than Julian Bleacher. New actor, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 'I see into your soul Doctor...'   'I see into your soul Doctor...' EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Scary wrote:
It's also a lot better than Davros just being like, "Yeah I made all of these Daleks and I'm gonna blow up reality just for the sake of it."

Davros is a pretty straightforward character when it comes to the wiping out of all known life...

... that said, it's all in how well the dialogue is written and how he communicates his psychopathy that makes him interesting (as demonstrated above, IMO).

Back to top Go down

'I see into your soul Doctor...'
Page 1 of 1