20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
No resting!! I can't handle anymore "wilderness years"!

With the 'mid season' breaks and wait til the next season starts... it's already like the wilderness to me Razz

Just about forget the series is still on with as much lag time there is between new material.

Glad we have Big Finish!
Back to top Go down
Jackknight
Jackknight

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
If true, what a nice Christmas present cheers

Just need to be a little more greedy and get Moff to leave as well.

Nice that Clara is sticking around. Will be nice to have a companion that crosses over after a regeneration. Not common now-a-days.

Completely agree with this. Hoping Moffat is just sticking around long enough to help with the transition of whoever ends up replacing him.
Back to top Go down
http://CriticalMess.net
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Yeah I'm kinda sad to see Matt go. He's not a bad Doctor at all, but he's been totally hampered by Moffat. Wish the showrunner would get a regeneration.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Disappointing and not ready to see Matt go. But when it's time, it's time.

Looking forward to seeing who the new Doctor is going to be.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 pm

ah bit sad really- but being an old who fan...
change my dear...
that is the part of doctor who...
I truly think change is the heartbeat that makes doctor who so magical...

now I am getting excited about who 12 could be!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Very sad to hear of the retirement of the best actor to pay the role of the doctor since the series return... not surprising considering how long he has been in the role.

Please please please an actor 45+ years of age.... I'm also fed up with baby doctors. The only reason Matt got away with it is due to his old looking face.

The series has been going in the right direction since David T left, if it carry on going they way its going then I'll be pleased.

I have been a fan since 1987'ish
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:03 am

I was hoping Matt would stick around a bit longer. I made up my mind to like him ever since "Legs! I've still got legs!" He's never given me a reason to dislike him.

But it had to happen sometime.

I'll save my thoughts on 12 for the other thread.

EDIT: I do wonder if the BBC decided to act on complaints of not enough episodes and Matt actually had other work lined up delaying Series 8. Solution: regeneration time.
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:46 am

A little depressed about this. It's like saying goodbye to a friend that you know you won't see again for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 am

I doubt we would get an older actor, the series is more demanding mentally and physically than it was in the classic years.
Interestingly when it was announced last night in the UK, it was as important as corrupt politicians, terrorism and violent actions in Syria and Turkey.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 3:21 am

Ianotimelord wrote:
I doubt we would get an older actor, the series is more demanding mentally and physically than it was in the classic years.
Interestingly when it was announced last night in the UK, it was as important as corrupt politicians, terrorism and violent actions in Syria and Turkey.

I'm sorry but 45-50 is not old in today's day and age.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:19 am

davro wrote:
Ianotimelord wrote:

Oh I agree! But TV these days seem to cast young actors in main roles. David Warner would be good. On BBC Breakfast this morning they said its likely to be an unknown actor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 am

Ianotimelord wrote:
davro wrote:
Ianotimelord wrote:

Oh I agree! But TV these days seem to cast young actors in main roles. David Warner would be good. On BBC Breakfast this morning they said its likely to be an unknown actor.

I hope it is an unknown, less baggage to bring to the show lol
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
I'm kind of split about this. I think Matt Smith is a brilliant Doctor, but that he was hindered by the writing. Not the one I wanted to see leave. I wish him the best of luck, and I'm sure I'll see him doing something brilliant in the future!

I agree completely. It seems that Moffat was just beginning to actually let Matt make the role his own and now Matt leaves. I would have preferred Moffat leaving and Matt getting one more season with a showrunner/head writer who isn't a megalomaniac.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 am

We finally get rid of that godawful Amy Pond and Matt really begins to shine, but now he's leaving. *Charlie Brown "Arrggh!!!"*

My biggest fear is that Moffat will continue to pander to Tumblr and the teen demographic and bring in a Doctor who is even younger than Matt was when he took on the role. That would just be ridiculous, but I could see it happening.

I think the series could evolve beautifully with the addition of a non-white and/or female Doctor, but I really, really hate that Moffat is sticking around and will be the one who gets to choose the next Doctor.

It took me a bit to warm up to him, but I'm kinda sad to see Matt go.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 am

Gallifreys Loss wrote:
We finally get rid of that godawful Amy Pond and Matt really begins to shine, but now he's leaving. *Charlie Brown "Arrggh!!!"*

My biggest fear is that Moffat will continue to pander to Tumblr and the teen demographic and bring in a Doctor who is even younger than Matt was when he took on the role. That would just be ridiculous, but I could see it happening.

I think the series could evolve beautifully with the addition of a non-white and/or female Doctor, but I really, really hate that Moffat is sticking around and will be the one who gets to choose the next Doctor.

It took me a bit to warm up to him, but I'm kinda sad to see Matt go.

Well I'm going to open a WHOLE can of new worms... and before I get called a hater, racist or sexist (I am none of them) I dont think a Black Doctor or Female doctor would be a good idea even though its the PC / sociability acceptable / popular thing to do.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:10 am

davro wrote:
Well I'm going to open a WHOLE can of new worms... and before I get called a hater, racist or sexist (I am none of them) I dont think a Black Doctor or Female doctor would be a good idea even though its the PC / sociability acceptable / popular thing to do.
Quite. If it had been that way from the beginning, sure. But now when you'd see the line up of faces of the Doctor, you'd see eleven white men and a black and/or female person. They'd stick out BECAUSE they're different, which is the wrong reason for them to do so. (And no, I don't think that makes you a racist or sexist.)
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 am

I'd buy into a Doctor of colour over a female Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Yeah I don't like the idea of a female Doctor. Why not just bring Jenny or Romana in? I'd be resistant to a black doctor, only because there's no precedent, but I can imagine myself warming to it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
Yeah I don't like the idea of a female Doctor. Why not just bring Jenny or Romana in? I'd be resistant to a black doctor, only because there's no precedent, but I can imagine myself warming to it.

They might as well kill off the "male" doctor or retire him and do a new series with a time traveling female time lord...
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:29 pm

That's not a bad idea. Sort of a sister show, like The Bionic Woman or something.
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am

I am not sure if this is true or not but I heard that Ben Daniels had been offered the role, auditioned and been provisionally accepted. Which if true I am against as I have him type cast in my head as James Steel from Law & Order UK and I do not think he fits the Doctor persona at all. Time will tell though if this is truth or just another story churned out by the rumor mill... Question
Back to top Go down
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:42 am

davro wrote:
Shatterbang wrote:

They might as well kill off the "male" doctor or retire him and do a new series with a time traveling female time lord...

Do you think River Song is a popular enough character to pull it off if they ever decided to do that... Question
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Ben Daniels name was in an apparent 'leaked memo' from the BBC & the Daily Star said he was to be the next Doctor. The same paper claimed that Micheal Jacksons daughter had got the part of the Doctor.

I think it could be Damon Maloney from Being Human (UK).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Ianotimelord wrote:
Ben Daniels name was in an apparent 'leaked memo' from the BBC & the Daily Star said he was to be the next Doctor. The same paper claimed that Micheal Jacksons daughter had got the part of the Doctor.

I think it could be Damon Maloney from Being Human (UK).

And the Daily Star said also Sean Pertwee and Russel Brand.....
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!   Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:57 pm

If Russel Brand becomes the Doctor, I can't watch it. He's far too annoying.
Back to top Go down

Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next