jjm3
jaredofmo
Scary
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 pm

SJA wrote:
cooper67 wrote:
SJA wrote:

Nice collection but why the need to have multiples of the same item?
Don't you buy two of every action figure?
No
Ummmm

https://whona.forumotion.com/t8280-my-collection
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 pm

cooper67 wrote:
SJA wrote:
cooper67 wrote:
SJA wrote:

No
Ummmm

Nope, I don't buy two of every action figure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 pm

SJA wrote:
cooper67 wrote:
SJA wrote:
cooper67 wrote:
SJA wrote:

No
Ummmm

Nope, I don't buy two of every action figure.
..but you buy multiples of the same item, just like that guy (well, more than that guy) confused
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:10 pm

SJA wrote:
Could my son be the next doctor who.... my son and I were playing Friday afternoon and I took some photos of him for fun... made his day when I added the Dr. Who backgrounds putting him in the TARDIS and fighting the Cyberman!
If he isn't the next,then he is the most adorable!!
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 am

Ronpur wrote:
SJA wrote:
Could my son be the next doctor who.... my son and I were playing Friday afternoon and I took some photos of him for fun... made his day when I added the Dr. Who backgrounds putting him in the TARDIS and fighting the Cyberman!
If he isn't the next,then he is the most adorable!!
Thank you, he loves doctor who!
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 am

SJA wrote:
whotothecore wrote:
My recent additions: A UK 100 Time Crash set ( my fouth and sixth set with 2 US 3000 sets) and another Tom Baker 1978 Tardis Tuner boxed with instructions ( my second). Cool 

When I first started collecting en mass I would get four of each hence I have an attic full of Doctor Who figures, sets ect.. The ones shown are a tiny fraction of what I've got. I now I tend to collect the more vintage/ limited sets or rare hard to get items plus the classic sets which I have about 95% of all Forbidden Planet sets released besides the sets from 2005 onwards ( check out my twitter page attic pic shot to see what I mean Wink ). As said If I see a rare figure set on eBay for sale such as the UK Time crash set I'll buy it again if the price's right solely because there are only limited to 100 made in the world, and now I have four. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:12 pm

whotothecore wrote:
SJA wrote:
whotothecore wrote:
My recent additions: A UK 100 Time Crash set ( my fouth and sixth set with 2 US 3000 sets) and another Tom Baker 1978 Tardis Tuner boxed with instructions ( my second). Cool 

When I first started collecting en mass I would get four of each hence I have an attic full of Doctor Who figures, sets ect.. The ones shown are a tiny fraction of what I've got. I now I tend to collect the more vintage/ limited sets or rare hard to get items plus the classic sets which I have about 95% of all Forbidden Planet sets released besides the sets from 2005 onwards ( check out my twitter page attic pic shot to see what I mean Wink ). As said If I see a rare figure set on eBay for sale such as the UK Time crash set I'll buy it again if the price's right solely because there are only limited to 100 made in the world, and now I have four. Smile
Which still doesn't answer the question why you feel you need to have multiples of the same item.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Which still doesn't answer the question why you feel you need to have multiples of the same item.

quantity over quality
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
whotothecore wrote:
SJA wrote:
whotothecore wrote:

I did. It's self explanatory. I buy multiple sets firstly because I like them and secondly as an investment don't you? Or in simplistic terminology. Why have one wife when you can have seven. One for each day of the week. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:00 pm

whotothecore wrote:
I did. It's self explanatory. I buy multiple sets firstly because I like them and secondly as an investment don't you? Or in simplistic terminology. Why have one wife when you can have seven. One for each day of the week. Razz
That doesn't make any sense. If you invest in them, then you want to get rid of them...so you can't like them that much in the first place, and they aren't worth much to begin with. They're not going to be worth much in the future, either. It's really very random.

... and your comparison is disturbing and as nonsensical as your collecting habits silent
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:00 pm

DareCooper wrote:
whotothecore wrote:
That doesn't make any sense. If you invest in them, then you want to get rid of them...so you can't like them that much in the first place, and they aren't worth much to begin with. They're not going to be worth much in the future, either. It's really very random.

... and your comparison is disturbing and as nonsensical as your collecting habits silent
Oh that's really harsh that. Shocked 

Aren't all possessions temporary whether we own them or not? We are just merely the custodians of other peoples items. You or I just happen to be in the past and they from the future and don't own them yet.  If you knew me I buy bulk and cheap IE: Sales ect... and not fussy if there a box full of the same figure as I pop them in the loft for a rainy day and when they become sought after and if I wish sell them at huge profit. Who's the one with £10,000 in collectables ready to go eh! Thought you as a capitalist nation would approve. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Common sense tells me that items like the Time Crash set won't be worth anything in a few years, but sure..good luck with that Razz
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:48 pm

I know many people that have "invested" in products from TV shows, pop groups, movies and so forth and it's not been worth nothing years later...

To purchase Doctor who items with the outlook of "Who's the one with £10,000 in collectables ready to go eh!" dont make sense to me because "stuff" is only worth what someone is willing to pay... you might have £10'000 in collectibles but there are so many factors that cause appreciation or depreciation values.

I wish you luck with your collecting to make money in the future because you will need lots of luck!
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Multiple Coop wrote:
Common sense tells me that items like the Time Crash set won't be worth anything in a few years, but sure..good luck with that Razz
Yes if they re introduce the time Crash set but these are UK un numbered Time Crash sets specially released by Character Options UK as celebration for a charitable organization called Children in Need not the generic US numbered comic con 3000 version which I have two, and who hasn't as they're two a penny. It's been 5 years since the 100 set release and CO/UT can't cope with new sets or new classic sets let alone re releasing a set deemed a one off. I think I'll be okay & financially peachy but thanks for the concern shown. Have a nice day Y'all. king
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Those two sets are the exact same Razz
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Multiple Coop wrote:
One set has a top trumps card and is numbered.... the other set is not numbered and dose not have the top trumps card.

I did not get the time crash 100 set to keep it for resale vale, I got one because I wanted to be a member of the 100 club... I paid about $50 for it and you can still get them for under $100.
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 am

Multiple Coop wrote:
Yes the inner figures are identical as their US 3000 counterparts but the packaging which is missing the top trump card, hologram numbered sticker of front as SJA said who I might add has style and leadership qualities. Very Happy 

A minor detail yes but a very important one and I have four, yes four baby! and two US ones but they are space fillers. Razz
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 am

whotothecore wrote:
Multiple Coop wrote:
Yes the inner figures are identical as their US 3000 counterparts but the packaging which is missing the top trump card, hologram numbered sticker of front as SJA said who I might add has style and leadership qualities. Very Happy 

A minor detail yes but a very important one and I have four, yes four baby! and two US ones but they are space fillers. Razz
Interesting read

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/those-comics-basement-probably-worthless-095537403.html
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

SJA wrote:
whotothecore wrote:
Multiple Coop wrote:

Interesting read

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/those-comics-basement-probably-worthless-095537403.html
Thanks SJA. What a guy! Cool 
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt1_zpsa01809e2

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt2_zpsbba08a1b

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt3_zpsd61947b8
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:56 pm

doctorskey wrote:
Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt1_zpsa01809e2

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt2_zpsbba08a1b

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt3_zpsd61947b8
Frobisher!!!! Love him Smile
Back to top Go down
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 am

I don't have pictures to go with this story. Last night the Florence Public Library had a day long Doctor Who events, and during the two broadcasts of the Fiftieth anniversary episode the area were the screen was located was a little crowded. So far the library has had three Doctor Who events and I have loaned out pieces of my collection for displays. Some of the kids gathered around the case last night and were shocked that were action figures for the show. Most of them had seen the merchandise that is on sell at Books A Million but only the character building packs were on sale here. So there were inevitable questions of how long have the toys been made, where did you get them and what is that penguin doing in there? Just for the fun of it I also had a hot wheels sized Back to the Future Delorean in there.
The real ooh and ahs came when I brought out the 9th and 10th Doctor's Tardis console. Since there weren't any cases big enough to fit it I didn't leave that there and only put it on display the hour before the episode aired again. A number of the crowded around it just going into nerdgasm when I triggered the take off sound effects. It was fun to watch. Nearly thirty years of watching to Doctor Who, 25 of them having to explain what the show was and now... Yes!! The geek professor in me was having a blast.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:05 pm

I put a Hawthorne head on a spare Regenerated Master body to make somewhat of a Peter Capaldi 12th Doctor figure. It'll do the job until we either see his proper costume and we can make accurate customs of him, or indeed if/when the official figure is released. Very Happy

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 12th_d11
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
doctorskey
doctorskey

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

For five years now I have been creating Christmas cards using doctor who figures and miniatures.  I thought I would post the full image that I take to be printed for anyone who would like to use them.

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt20_zps3b8b7506

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt22_zps90228678

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Pt24_zpsffc32183[url=https://s1019.photobucket.com/user/doctorskey/media

Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 Silentnightwithtextandboldtext_zps2559c15c
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Show off your figure collections!!!   Show off your figure collections!!! - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:48 am

I never knew Frobisher travelled with the 10th Doctor.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Show off your figure collections!!!
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next