18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:13 am

Well, if they go by Lucas' original 9-movie plan (which he wrote about in the intro to the first edition of Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978), it will involve the now grown children of Han and Leia, who have become the first of a new Jedi order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

Calixar wrote:
Well, if they go by Lucas' original 9-movie plan (which he wrote about in the intro to the first edition of Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978), it will involve the now grown children of Han and Leia, who have become the first of a new Jedi order.

That would be so awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 am

I wonder if Lucas' ex-wives came after him again. I'm convinced alimony negotiations were the cause of those godawful prequels. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 am

Still not sure how I feel about this, given how Disney often "exploits" its properties for money (like sub-par-to-rotten direct-to-video animated sequels, built-in-a-lab boy bands, theme parks, etc.).

Also, it seems that in the next 20 years - maybe less- Disney may actually own all entertainment properties.

Galactic Empire, indeed.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah, true, t'is pretty worrying. But all the same I'm excited for new Star Wars nonetheless. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:43 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Still not sure how I feel about this, given how Disney often "exploits" its properties for money (like sub-par-to-rotten direct-to-video animated sequels, built-in-a-lab boy bands, theme parks, etc.).

Also, it seems that in the next 20 years - maybe less- Disney may actually own all entertainment properties.

Galactic Empire, indeed.

well, movies are not disney'a money making these days, it's the theme parks and merchandising that rakes in their cash.

Quote :
Yeah, true, t'is pretty worrying. But all the same I'm excited for new Star Wars nonetheless. bounce
But polish a turd and it's still a turd, keep in mind. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Apparently 2015 for the next movie, with a new one every 2 years. No word on when in the Star Wars universe they are set.

Considering they specifically called it "Star Wars Episode VII", I'm going to assume it's set After Return of the Jedi, likely during the time of the New Republic, almost guaranteed to be another 20-30 year time skip forward given the age of the original cast members.

Calixar wrote:

There was no plan. Anyone who watched the Prequels knows whatever smoke Lucas was billowing about a "Grand Scheme" was all a bunch of hot air. The man clearly had certain events in mind, but there was zero story structure between the films.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to an adaption of the Thrawn Trilogy, with the offspring of Luke, Leia, and Han replacing their respective number from the books. Keep Lando as Lando, mainly because Billy Dee Williams needs the work and I find it amusing to think of Lando in the "Obi-Wan" role. Make Mara Jade the secret daughter of the Emperor, and you're golden.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:06 pm

I always wanted to see Splinter of the Mind's Eye as a movie, it is too late now, but would be nice if it was animated so they could at least use Carrie and Mark's voices.

So does this mean that The Cleveland Show will not be doing parodies of the prequels? Even though some argue the prequels are parodies themselves.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Many of the expanded universe stories would be great... but my personal favorite would be the X Wing series... both Rogue and Wraith Squadrons.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Something about Disney never sits right with me. Anything after about 1980 and it all just goes downhill. They seem to pander to mass audience approval instead of having a man with a strong vision of what he wants to create. Stars Wars created by commitee with even more of the goofiness now gauranteed.

I will admit that I really like the Avengers movie, but that seems more like an accident on Disney's part and I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin the inevitable sequels.

Still, at least Lucas could be out of the picture and let some of the more passionate fans have a go at it. If he's not interested then its good that he sold.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 pm

I think, overall, that this is not a bad thing. If there are going to be future Star Wars movies, they really should be made by someone other than George Lucas. I love Star Wars, but I just think it's time to get some fresh ideas in there. Yes I'm wondering about how a Disney-made Star Wars might turn out, but who knows? People had low expectations for Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and look what happened. So you just never know.

squishy wrote:
I will admit that I really like the Avengers movie, but that seems more like an accident on Disney's part and I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin the inevitable sequels.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with that. The excellence of The Avengers is thanks to Marvel's filmmaking crew and Joss Whedon. The only "accident" that I can see there is that, if you don't like Disney, then I suppose you could see it as an accident that they happened to distribute a good movie. But Disney aren't the ones who made The Avengers good. Marvel is. It was good because Marvel's crew made it so, and since Marvel's crew are working on the Phase II films, any "ruining" of the sequels, if that occurs, would be the responsibility of Marvel's film crews, not Disney. And since they've been doing so great thus far, I can't really see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't have high hopes for Avengers II.

You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice, no matter how hard you try. But I'm still going to see all the Phase II films simply because I'm willing to be proven wrong. It helps they aren't just rushing directly into a sequel and letting it build up again - treating the films like the "Events" they should be.

The only reason I threw out the Thrawn Trilogy is they're slating Episode VII for a 2015 release. That's not a whole heck of a lot of time to get things done, so I'm going to assume Disney has a solid idea for a film already and it just seems like it would make sense to use established material for now at least.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 pm

from what I heard, they already have a treatment.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 pm

And now, for something tongue in cheek and fun, my "Disney Star Wars" list:

Luke - Max
Han - Mickey
Chewbacca - Pluto
Leia - Minnie
C-3PO - Phineas
R2-D2 - Ferb

...oh fine.

C-3PO - Gizmo Duck
R2-D2 - Chip & Dale (Yes, both of them)
Millennium Falcon - Toodles (I know. I know. 'All the hate...')
Lando - Baloo
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Scrooge McDuck
Yoda - Ludwig Von Drake
Wedge - Launchpad McQuack

Boba Fett - Drake Mallard/Darkwing Duck
Jabba the Hutt - Pete
Darth Vader - Goofy
Emperor Palpatine - Donald
Grand Moff Tarkin - Shere Khan
Imperial Officers/Soldiers - Huey, Duey, Luey

Can you imagine the hilarity of Donald mushing out "And now, young Skywalker...you will die."?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Biggles wrote:
I think, overall, that this is not a bad thing. If there are going to be future Star Wars movies, they really should be made by someone other than George Lucas. I love Star Wars, but I just think it's time to get some fresh ideas in there. Yes I'm wondering about how a Disney-made Star Wars might turn out, but who knows? People had low expectations for Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and look what happened. So you just never know.

squishy wrote:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with that. The excellence of The Avengers is thanks to Marvel's filmmaking crew and Joss Whedon. The only "accident" that I can see there is that, if you don't like Disney, then I suppose you could see it as an accident that they happened to distribute a good movie. But Disney aren't the ones who made The Avengers good. Marvel is. It was good because Marvel's crew made it so, and since Marvel's crew are working on the Phase II films, any "ruining" of the sequels, if that occurs, would be the responsibility of Marvel's film crews, not Disney. And since they've been doing so great thus far, I can't really see that happening.

Did not like pirates.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

I would hope they set the films in a time we have not seen covered before. Say after the last Fate of the Jedi novels with Grand Master Skywalker and his son Ben, and not interfere with what has been put in the novels. I think it was some 45 years after Return of the Jedi. Lucas has always tried to maintain the Expanded Universe as part of the official continuity. So, I hope that continues if they go into the future.
I also wonder what happened with the bounty hunter based live action TV series we were to get after Clone Wars ends its great run. One of my co-workers would like to see a Knights of the Old Republic film.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 3335_502740346410698_1171643969_n
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Possible titles:

Snow White and the Seven Ewoks
Starship Willie
and the new song;
When you wish upon a Death Star.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Or

A loved franchise ruined by a short chubby guy who than sold it to a marketing empire founded by a 33rd degree mason and an anti Semite.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 pm

The Ewok Adventure sounds like a great title I keep thinking that was a Disney film.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 am

SeaDevil wrote:

I live for the day Disney buys World Wrestling Entertainment. For THAT is the day the internet will be consumed by its own fire. Twisted Evil

On a slightly more serious note, I do think Disney's reported plan to crank out the movies every two years or so cheapens the franchise somewhat.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

I live for the day Disney buys World Wrestling Entertainment. For THAT is the day the internet will be consumed by its own fire. Twisted Evil

On a slightly more serious note, I do think Disney's reported plan to crank out the movies every two years or so cheapens the franchise somewhat.

WWE is practically like that, now....with Linda McMann trying to get elected.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:

Depends if they keep the Trilogy focus or start focusing on individual characters.

They've got the same mandate over at Marvel Studios and...well...I haven't hated a movie produced by that line yet.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 am

Or, it could turn out to be the best thing for Star Wars.......won't know until I sit in the theater and watch it.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars 7 by Disney   Star Wars 7 by Disney - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 am

Ronpur wrote:
Or, it could turn out to be the best thing for Star Wars.......won't know until I sit in the theater and watch it.

Yup. I think that's what I'm gonna do. Wait and see.

No need for any more negative energy on the subject.

I prefer a positive attitude.

May the Force be with us!
Back to top Go down

Star Wars 7 by Disney
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next