22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

General Star Trek thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:06 am

The Director's Cut blu ray for TWOK will be out on June 7.

General Star Trek thread - Page 12 152679_medium

Special Features:

Director's Edition in high-definition
   Theatrical Version in high-definition
   Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer (Director's Edition & Theatrical Version)
   Commentary by director Nicholas Meyer and Manny Coto (Theatrical Version)
   Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda (Director's Edition)
   Library Computer (Theatrical Version)
   The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan (NEW)
   Production:
       Captain's Log
       Designing Khan
       Original interviews with DeForest Kelley, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban
       Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Visual Effects of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
       James Horner: Composing Genesis
   The Star Trek Universe
       Collecting Star Trek's Movie Relics
       A Novel Approach
       Starfleet Academy: The Mystery Behind Ceti Alpha VI
   Farewell: A Tribute to Ricardo Montalban
   Storyboards
   Theatrical Trailer
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:38 am

Yes!!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:25 am

I'm going to see Star Trek: The Ultimate Voyage in concert Tuesday night. So friggin excited!!!! Has anyone here attended?
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm

This was an awesome experience. Great music. It was like watching a movie-length music video on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

First teaser for the new Trek series... just shows the logo though.

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Lots of lens flare and crazy rendered planets. Not necessarily bad if the storytelling is the focus and not the special effects. But they're promising new, new, new which can't be bad. New villains and new planets sounds better than uber-fan fiction of how the Tholians caused the Romulans to break from Vulcan by time-swapping Gary Seven for Spock's uncle. Trying to squeeze Ferengi and Borg into pre-Classic stories gets to be a stretch.

But the trailer really doesn't reveal much, just promises "new".
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySun May 22, 2016 5:37 am

ST Beyond trailer 2 looks good. It seems pretty dire for the Enterprise herself tho. Looks like there will be a new Enterprise. I'm really curious to see what the new one is like.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:03 am

It has been announced that Paramount has had second thoughts about the lawsuit against the fan film Axanar.  The ST: Beyond directer, Justin Lin was instrumental in this change of heart according to JJ Abrams, arguing that this was no way to treat fans who loved the show.  Details have yet to be announced. And really no idea when they will be able to continue.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Really weird. Too bad Star Trek Horizon got their sequel squashed in the process. It seems like a good number of people associated with Prelude really disliked their experience working with the guy running the show at Axanar. And it seems hard to believe the Paramount/CBS will continue to let Axanar sell coffee and starfleet merchandise while paying themselves to make a fan film. Dunno if this is all legit or if there is going to be a bunch of closed door compromises made so JJ Abrams can be rid of angry fans right before Beyond premiers. Or even string Axanar along until after the premier and then make Axanar an offer they won't accept and re-start the fight.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:29 pm

From what I understand, the head of Axanar works full time on this production, so he is, in fact, legally allowed to draw a salary. and it is around 35000 a year, not a lot.  There has also been complaints that they built a studio to use on other productions, but the fact is, they rented studio space for a year, and wanted to rent it to someone else when they were finished.  I know there is a lot of negative misinformation out there, but Axanar has been very transparent on what they spend.  All donors have access to an annual fiscal report.  As for the selling of merchandise, these were perks for the donors and sold in the donors store.  I hopeful they will get Axanar made, but time, and lawyers, will tell.

You also have to remember, that the only guidelines that were ever given any fan film was just not to charge for viewing. Axanar asked many time for guidelines, but none were ever given, then, boom, lawsuit.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 5:35 pm

So sad to read about Anton Yelchin.

Tragic.  Sad

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/star-trek-actor-anton-yelchin-dies-car-crash-39972793

General Star Trek thread - Page 12 639?cb=20150913034330&path-prefix=en
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:15 am

It is just such an insane accident. So sad.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:31 am

Trek beyond gets a 10/10 from me. Epic fun.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
AKA The McQuarrieprise!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 pm

FYI, for those of us that still want our movies and shows on actual discs and 1) missed them the first time around or 2) are tired of the packaging falling apart...

CBS and Paramount will be re-releasing Deep Space Nine on DVD in new packaging- in individual season sets and a complete series box set. Release date is Feb. 7 2017.

Deep Space Nine Pack:

January 10 will be repackaged DVD seasons sets and series box set for Enterprise.

Enterprise DVD Pack:

On Feb 14, they will release a complete blu ray series box set.

Enterprise Blu Ray Pack:
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 pm

:O. There goes my tax return
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 1:55 pm

I'd given up on ever finding DS9 at a reasonable price. Too bad it's still just DVD and not polished for Blu-Ray. But since TNG blu-rays didn't sell very well I can see why CBS isn't excited about re-mastering another whole series.

I went ahead and imported by TNG and Enterprise region free from the UK. Their complete series Blu-Rays came out back in 2015 I think.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 11:09 pm

And right on the heels of DS9 and Enterprise... Voyager repackaged season sets and complete series box set on March 7

Voyager Pack:
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Finally got to see "Star Trek Beyond" last weekend. All I could think was that this was "much better" than "Into Darkness". New villians, new location, etc. It's still nothing compared to "Wrath of Khan" but better than the first two re-start movies.
The plot holes and physics gaffs were not nearly as bad either.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 10:01 pm

I was thinking it is a TV version of JJ Trek.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Whooz wrote:
I was thinking it is a TV version of JJ Trek.

That is what it looks like.....
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySun May 21, 2017 4:54 pm

I thought all the talk was that Discovery would be set before the JJ Trek so it's still in the "prime" timeline. At least I'm hoping that's still the case.

I can accept that the producers (and actors) don't want a show that looks like "The Cage" pilot form the classic series. Designers continually want to "put their own stamp" on things and re-design uniforms and sets. That I can live with.

But are the aliens in the trailer meant to be Klingons or something else?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Back to top Go down

General Star Trek thread
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next