Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition Empty
PostSubject: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:49 pm

I wanted to share my feelings about the Blade Runner 5 Disc Collectors set.

AWESOME!!

For anyone who hasnt seen this yet, it is THE ultimate set. Would be great if Doctor Who would have something like this for say Trial of a Timelord. Have a mini timelord space station and a cat badge with a art card set of the book and video covers.

There are 5 discs that contain FIVE versions of the film!, I am still working through them. I am saving Ridley's Final Cut until last.

There is a ton of video material; from behind the scenes featurrettes to audio recordings of Philip K Dick talking about the story, I am saving these for when I need something in the background playing.

Amongst the extras included are;

There is a collection of art prints that come in a black file folder.

A Spinner miniature. Some have listed this as diecast, it isnt. It is 90% plastic and the doors open, VERY COOL!!

There is also a plastic mini unicorn of the origami piece Edward James Olmos's character leaves behind at the end of the film.

Also included is a lenticular(moving picture) of Deckard holding up his gun. This is inside a magnetic lucite frame and can be removed easily.

It all comes in a plastic briefcase. The Discs are in a self contained cardboard sleeve so you can put your spinner and unicorn on the bookshelf and Blade Runner can sit with the rest of your DVD's.

The only thing I would have added would have been the CD of the music, even though I already have a copy from before.

The only criticism is the choice of image for the lenticular cel. I would have used the eye that is seen at the beginning of the film looking out onto the landscape where the flame shoots up from the tower. In my view this would have been a more dramatic image for such an item.

I hope this helps anyone that was wondering about getting it. I ended up with two copies, bought one then got one as a gift, so the one I bought is on Ebay all broken apart though!
Back to top Go down
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:09 pm

I picked up the single-disc set of this and I have never seen a better film-to-video transfer, with the exception of the Lord Of The Rings extended discs or possibly Star Wars. And this is a film archivist talking - my eye is very critical! That was probably the best part of this set to me, but I'm really looking forward to the Ridley Scott commentary track - I can't believe I haven't listened to it yet!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:28 pm

With the obvious exception of Time-Flight I do the same thing with my who DVD's I listen to the track the first time then watch it proper the second, usually with the new effects on if they have that option.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Picked up the 2 disc set last weekend - haven't watched it yet, though. Been a long time.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 pm

I also highly recommend the new release. I got the 4 disc set that has all the versions except the 'work print'.
Amazing. You wouldn't believe the picture quality. The Final Cut itself really enhanced the whole Blade Runner experience.
I watched the 'Final Cut' before I had a HD TV and it still looked great. I can't wait to see what it looks like on my new TV. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition   Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:38 pm

I recently got the 5 disc set for £15 absolute bargain,even the work print is amazing.
Back to top Go down

Blade Runner the Ultimate Collectors Edition
Page 1 of 1