18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Since we are on our way into the 2nd wave of Avengers films and other upcoming Marvel properties, thought it would be nice to have a 'one stop' thread for news and discussion... (just remember those spoiler tags for plot info).

And away we go!

The rights to Daredevil will be reverting back to Marvel/ Disney. Whichever studio had them has decided to pass on trying to rush another film out there to retain them. Maybe not the best of news for Marvel, since earlier they were willing to give them an extension, in exchange to getting the FF rights back.

The official release dates (for now) are:

May 3, 2013- Iron Man 3
Nov 7, 2013- Thor- Dark World
Apr 14, 2014- Captain America- Winter Soldier
Aug 1, 2014- Guardians of the Galaxy
May 1, 2015- Avengers 2

still nothing yet on the proposed Ant-Man film

I myself am getting pretty hyped for Guardians of the Galaxy. I love Rocket Raccoon cheers Cmon Hot Toys, gimmie a RR figure !!!!!

July 26, 2013- The Wolverine
May 2, 2014- Amazing Spider Man 2
July 18, 2014- X Men: Days of Future Past

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Cool idea! If I see/hear/read any news I'll post in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Love the Marvel movie folks...they have their act together.....learn from this DC!!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Marvel's been doing good movies, DC is doing good with animated TV and direct to video movies.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 am

True, DC Animated is amazing. JLA:Doom was a great story and Batman: Under the Red Hood I still think was the best Batman movie ever.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 am

Ronpur wrote:
Batman: Under the Red Hood I still think was the best Batman movie everd .

That was excellent, but I'm looking forward to the 2 part adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

Sorry to hijack this thread with DC stuff Cruel Angel...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 am

That's ok... its kind of hard to talk about one without the other Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 am

guvnagrover wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Batman: Under the Red Hood I still think was the best Batman movie everd .

That was excellent, but I'm looking forward to the 2 part adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

As am I. Year One's adaptation was fantastic.

guvnagrover wrote:
Sorry to hijack this thread with DC stuff Cruel Angel...

Me, too... Embarassed

But back to topic, I agree with you guys - Marvel has their live action stuff well done across the board.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Latest Hot Toys release schedule-

Released
Iron Man Mark VI
Nick Fury

September
Hawkeye

December
Captain America
Black Widow

January
Thor

February
Loki

March

Iron Man Mark VII
Hulk
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 am

Read an interesting article the other day, trying to sort through the property and character rights amongst all the studios. Some of these conditions... I can just see the studio reps and lawyers from both sides across a table having to go through stacks of comics with each proposal and counter proposal.

So who controls what?

Daredevil/ Punisher/ Blade

All these rights will be reverting back to Marvel

X Men / mutants

Fox owns the rights to X Men. Fox does not have rights to every mutant character that appears in the Marvel universe, but in some cases it gets tricky.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch cross between both Avengers and X Men. According to Marvel, rights to Peitro and Wanda are shared by both Marvel and Fox, so either studio can use them.

FF

Fox holds the rights to the team, plus almost every original character that debuted in FF for the first hundred issues. This covers Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Doom, Super Skrull, etc

Marvel has the rights to Sub Mariner.

Spidey

Sony has the rights to Spidey, and most of his villains. Kingpin was part of the Daredevil rights deal, so Marvel will control him.

Ghost Rider

Universal has the GR rights.

If Marvel pursues a Dr Strange movie, they will not be able to use Mephisto.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:33 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch cross between both Avengers and X Men. According to Marvel, rights to Peitro and Wanda are shared by both Marvel and Fox, so either studio can use them.
That's great news. I was wondering about that the other day. I noticed Quicksilver as one of the caged mutants at the end of Wolverine and got worried he was stuck with Fox. I know Marvel's developing an Inhumans film so I guess they're free to use him in that if they choose.

I thought that was pretty stupid putting him (Quicksilver) in that situation. If Daddy ever found out Stryker was experimenting on his son, that'd be the end of him!

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Latest Hot Toys release schedule-

Released
Iron Man Mark VI
Nick Fury

September
Hawkeye

December
Captain America
Black Widow

January
Thor

February
Loki

March

Iron Man Mark VII
Hulk

Aw, say it ain't so! No Drat, I was hoping Loki would be out in time for Christmas. Oh well, I guess he'll be arriving around Valentine's Day instead. (Which isn't terrible in the long run, I suppose. Wink)

But in regards to the original topic, Marvel is definitely making great movies and I'm looking forward to their future endeavors! All the news I keep hearing about IM 3, Thor 2 and Cap 2 has been getting me very excited!

Also I'm curious if any of you are planning on buying the big Phase 1 box set in the Tesseract case. I'd love to get it, but seeing as I've already got all the movies, most on Blu-ray too, I just can't justify the cost. I'd love to have that extra disc and the SHIELD files, though.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Pass on the Phase 1 case. Already have all the films. Can't justify that cost just to get one bonus disc.

My 'special' thing for Avengers will be getting the Futureshop exclusive Metal Box blu ray. Love how it looks cheers

Posted them in the Avengers thread before I think, but for quick reference Razz
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Of course, what they SHOULD do is have a special offer for those who already have all the films to just get that extra disc.

Like with the LOTR extended dvd editions. Once ROTK came out, they released a box set with all 3 in a nice slipbox/ case. But they also offered people that already had the previous single releases the opportunity to send away for the slipbox itself, so buying all the movies again was not the only way to get the cool slipbox.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Like with the LOTR extended dvd editions. Once ROTK came out, they released a box set with all 3 in a nice slipbox/ case. But they also offered people that already had the previous single releases the opportunity to send away for the slipbox itself, so buying all the movies again was not the only way to get the cool slipbox.

I have that box. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:33 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Me too. I'm not getting rid of those when I eventually pick up the blus. I will probably put the dvds in a binder and keep the blus in those cases instead.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Me too. I'm not getting rid of those when I eventually pick up the blus. I will probably put the dvds in a binder and keep the blus in those cases instead.

Oh, I am doing that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Some more news items...

The metalbox blu ray case that was a futureshop exclusive is now available at best buy. Just the case itself... around 7 dollars or so.

The full phase 1 collectors set has hit a snag... the briefcase manufacturer is suing because they did not give permission for them to use the design in the dvd packaging. All amazon preorders have gotten cancelled. That will have to be sorted out in the lovely courts.

Looks like Hawkeye from Hot Toys is now pushed back til October (got the update to my payment plan schedule)

The SHIELD tv series is a go, but likely won't have any of the movie agents in the recurring cast

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Rumored villain news for Iron Man 3:
Spoiler:

Phase 1 set update:

Looks like Marvel will be changing the design of the cases. The set will be released, but at a later time than originally planned.

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I thought the villains for IM3 were going to be

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

It's hard to say who the villains will be, I think. Only
Spoiler:

The others could be combinations of various villains so it's hard to tell what their code names might be or which characters they'll actually be.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, they just cast the lead female villain for Guardians of the Galaxy...

Be afraid Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread Gunnandraccoon
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Is that supposed to be Rocket Racoon? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next