18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 12:16 am

well he will be in the 2009 gap year episodes...according to the bbc. There will be 3 episodes in series 4.5 so to speak. Will he be in all 3 or just the beginning of the first episode who knows?
2010 will be a real restruct time for Doctor Who...hopefully he will stay. Tennant said that at the beginning of the job he was asked when he was going to leave. He likes to not give an answer to when he will go. C. Tate mentioned that Tennant will leave soon and Tennant scoffed this statement so... do not read the Sun or the Mirror rumours just go straight from the horse's mouth and check the bbc site for facts. Time will tell the truth...just happy we have him for series 4 for now.
Back to top Go down
Whofan
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah he is a good doctor:) I heard they are doing a movie?
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:38 pm

The movie could be a reason for the gap year. The bbc did not give a definitive reason for just 3 episodes in 2009. (Do they ever) I have read a few articles that a movie could be a possibility but at this point it is a rumour. Not happy about a gap year because most people have Attention Deficit Disorder. Something cheaper could replace Doctor Who...Mork and Mindy replaced Battlestar Galactica in the 70's...as an example. But the bbc is "commited" to keeping DW even stating there will be a series 5.

But if your the half glass empty type there are some positive things...maybe everyone involved needs a breather. Creatively this can reinvigorate the show..new producers, show runners....

Tennant will be doing Hamlet this summer...the Royal Shakespeare tour could come to the states. Patrick Stewart and Tennant...tickets please! As stated before- hope he will come back for 2010 because frankly I'm greedy and still would like him as the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 pm

RTD said that the master's ring cliff hanger would not be picked up in season four. Sorry :master: :doc10:
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 pm

he also said that he would never bring the master back and then later said that it was all planned since season 1.

basically he lies to protect his story line. no harm in it, it's a good idea to make sure you keep as many secrets as you can. but we can believe him on things like this because it would harm future story lines.

Still I don't think we will see that master again this year, however is all the rumors are true, I mean the Billie is back one came true...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 8:32 am

I still don't think the master will come back four season four, he had three episodes, a story arc, a new weapon, nasty flying balls, a rare varient action figure, and the craziest wife I have ever seen! The Master was big in season three, and had connections in the two seasons before him, so I don't think they can pull off bringing him or any other timelord back for a while. ALso, The Rani had one episode in the 6th(?) doctor's time when a lot of people stopped watching the show. I just do not see her as the main baddie of seaon four, or in season four at all.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 4:40 pm

forbidden_moose wrote:
I still don't think the master will come back four season four, he had three episodes, a story arc, a new weapon, nasty flying balls, a rare varient action figure, and the craziest wife I have ever seen! The Master was big in season three, and had connections in the two seasons before him, so I don't think they can pull off bringing him or any other timelord back for a while. ALso, The Rani had one episode in the 6th(?) doctor's time when a lot of people stopped watching the show. I just do not see her as the main baddie of seaon four, or in season four at all.

I get your point but RTD did keep the Daleks coming back all the time, but then he only had the cybermen back for one season so far. still if the Davros talk is true then maybe he has something brilliant in store for us all.

Also the Rani was in a 6th dr and a 7th Dr story. personally I think that lady might be from torchwood or something and have found the sonic the dr left in the hospital in smith and jones
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:11 pm

in the trailer... could the wasp be a zarbi?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 pm

greenk9 wrote:
in the trailer... could the wasp be a zarbi?

You must be one of those that never actually watched the Web Planet but just read the excellent target Novelisation?

The 'wasps' were the menoptera, and the crap ants were the Zarbi.

Cuz that show was soooo ambitious it wasnt funny, not to mention they could have lopped off two episodes to make it tighter and faster.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 7:23 pm

yeah mr. hoosier...you are right. I have not seen that episode in over 10 years...i have that one on vhs...now I do remember the swimming goggles the bees wore. The show worked on a shoestring at that time and worked a few miracles...bar the gunfighters and the Web Planet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 8:09 pm

I have it on DVD, I love the extras they include on these. The lifeforms on the planet were;

The Zarbi,
The venom guns, both slaves to-
The Animus, evil intelligence at the center of the web

The Menoptera, original inhabitants of Vortis,
The Optera, underground wingless relatives to the Menoptera

As soon as I get done watching Jesse James meets Frankensteins Daughter, I am going to watch that again tonigh. Saw cloverfield yesterday, VERY GOOD, would love a Who story in that style.
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Here's the cinema advert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 11:42 pm

thanks forbiddenmoose.. the trailer was jaw dropping...much better than the one from Voyage. Wonder why Martha looks so frosty? What is coming out from the Doctor's mouth? Rose?
OOD. GRRRRRRRRRR..I have to wait till April...the torture!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Series 4 needs to start immediately, if not sooner. Awesome trailer. I'm looking forward to Donna.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 pm

cherishthepast wrote:
Series 4 needs to start immediately, if not sooner. Awesome trailer. I'm looking forward to Donna.

If the trailer can make someone say that about Donna, can't wait until the season actually airs.

Only a couple of other thoughts on that trailer. A Rose by any other name would be someone trapped in an alternate reality never to return. Good old RTD and his failure to understand the meaning of never. With that said, I was most interested about Martha through all of that, even if it was only the one shot. The goo covered look of death. It was certainly a look I wouldn't want directed at me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:24 pm

just so everyone knows (and if you already do then forget this but) the women is the rani and i looked at pictures up close and she has a sonicpen!!!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 pm

yes gregtdj Martha does not look too happy. Also looks like Unit is back....hmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 7:56 pm

This one's a bit past it's prime for a headline, but since we're discussing Martha and this is the series 4 thread...

Freema reaches new heights with Sontaran encounter.
Quote :
Freema Agyeman has revealed that facing classic Doctor Who villains the Sontarans was a a 'high' point in her career.

"Russell (T Davies) sent me a text saying, 'It'll be the first time you've towered over a baddie' Ha ha!," Freema revealed in an exclusive interview in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine. "And I did. I felt quite tall."

"When I first saw the guys in prosthetics I couldn't stop giggling - found them really cute and quite funny! Er, that's probably not the desired reaction, is it?" she added.

Also in this month's issue: writer Stephen Greenhorn talks about his forthcoming Series Four episode; director Graham Harper braves questions from Out of the TARDIS Tin; there's werewolves and weirdness in the full colour comic strip, Part 2 of Universal Monsters.

Russell T Davies pays tribute to a very special lady in Production Notes; Neil Harris stresses the importance of location, location, location in You Are Not Alone; it's the last ever edition of the Matrix Data Bank; plus all the latest Series Four news, previews and reviews.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:45 pm

All right. Double apologies.

1. Apologies for double posting. You all know I hate to do it, but sometimes it's worth the share.

B. Sorry for not catching this blurb or missing where someone else posted it. My company has had me on the road most of the last month training people in Alabama, so I haven't been hitting the news spots to share stories with you all. Sorry...sorry...so sorry.

With that out of the way, here is the thing making me do the V-8 slap for missing it. Apparently Sci-Fi is getting the same royal treatment that BBCA got with Torchwood, only doubled. They will be airing Dr Who in APRIL!! The fourth season will run after it airs on BBC, just like they are doing with Torchwood on BBCA. So how is it doubled? They are also picking up SJA! Don't believe? Straight from SciFi Wire...

Fourth Who, New Sarah Due
Quote :
SCI FI Channel has acquired the fourth season of Doctor Who and its hit spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures from BBC Worldwide America. Both series are slated to premiere on SCI FI in April.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is written and produced by the same creative team behind Doctor Who, including multiple-award-winning writer Russell T. Davies. The series centers on Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen), former companion to the Doctor, who investigates offbeat mysteries with her young friends Maria, Luke and Clyde.

The fourth season of Doctor Who, meanwhile, brings back star David Tennant as the 10th Time Lord, joined by a new companion, Donna Noble (Catherine Tate), who reprises her role from the previous Christmas special. The Doctor's previous companion, Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman), also makes a triumphant return in the middle of season four.

Official press release is here.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Wonder if it will be the same Friday slot.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 3:47 am

friday slot......oh yeah is that when dr who comes on in the USA,its saturday for the UK but we're weeks ahead from the us.for a change, the us get everything before the uk apart from english stuff. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 am

Here's a nicer version of the cinema trailer! Fantastic! I'm so excited. I'm really loving Donna in this trailer.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=00j0zLAs0_k
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 6:46 am

ROSE my fav.i new it i was right shes comeing back for deffenet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 9:16 am

JONATHANwho wrote:
friday slot......oh yeah is that when dr who comes on in the USA,its saturday for the UK but we're weeks ahead from the us.for a change, the us get everything before the uk apart from english stuff. Razz Razz Razz

The way the TV format in the UK is differant then it is in the US. The DPI and all that, it takes some time to convert hence the delay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 9:24 am

i know but we see each episode way before you.
Back to top Go down

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next