Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? Empty
PostSubject: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:08 pm

As much as I liked Rose...she's ahead of Sarah Jane - this must be rectified! Please vote!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2012/08/vote-whos-the-greatest-woman-of-doctor-who-ever/

**NOTE - towards the bottom of the page is where you select to vote - it currently says Rose vs Donna, but when you click that link it will take you to the correct page for Rose vs Sarah Jane.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh my, she's pretty far ahead, too... Rolling Eyes No
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 pm

58 to 42 last time I checked. I love Rose, but Sarah Jane was the best. No doubt about it. She was so important in the old series, and to the new. She was just as iconic as the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
58 to 42 last time I checked. I love Rose, but Sarah Jane was the best. No doubt about it. She was so important in the old series, and to the new. She was just as iconic as the Doctor.

Yup, couldn't have said it any better myself.

Once you vote, there is another link at the bottom of the results page for Rose vs Sarah. It's to vote for the 3rd best woman of WHO - it's Donna vs Leela. Donna looks to have quite a lead...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:56 pm

I think a big problem is that this is mainly new series fans voting here...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:57 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I think a big problem is that this is mainly new series fans voting here...

Indeed.

It's already biased towards Nu Who before it even got going.

6 years of Nu Who, with every main female companion represented. 26 years of Classic, with only 4 represented.

Then bring in all the Nu Who people that only know Nu Who that are only going to vote for the companions they are familiar with...

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Maybe we should start polls for the ladies here and get a fairer perspective.

I would definitely be all over Sarah Jane for her appearances in Classic Who, Nu Who, Big Finish, and SJA. I think she was able to portray everything a companion could be before and after riding on the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Maybe we should start polls for the ladies here and get a fairer perspective.

I would definitely be all over Sarah Jane for her appearances in Classic Who, Nu Who, Big Finish, and SJA. I think she was able to portray everything a companion could be before and after riding on the TARDIS.

I'm surprised nobody has done polls like that. The poll possibilities are endless with the show! The polls here generally have to do with "who's buying x item?".
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 pm

You'd have to keep track of the voting manually... once upon a time didn't someone try to do a Doctor one and there is a limit to the number of choices you can put in the poll template?

The way i've seen it done that would prolly work well is listing all the female companions, then have people either have a single vote, or maybe 5 or so, then they can add a +1 to whoever they like (only one point per person). At the end of a certain time (say a week), you take off the bottom X or so. Then go again for a week with the trimmed down list, and keep going until you get a final 5, 3 etc for the grand showdown.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 pm

yeahhh, those are always fun
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

*Ahem* Verity Lambert

'nuff said!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
*Ahem* Verity Lambert

'nuff said!

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Well done, Whoosier!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?   VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
*Ahem* Verity Lambert

'nuff said!

Whoosier for the win!!! Can't believe I didn't think of Verity...but you are correct!
Back to top Go down

VOTE: WHO’S THE GREATEST ‘WOMAN OF DOCTOR WHO’ EVER?
Page 1 of 1