greenk9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

greatest scenes in doctor who Empty
PostSubject: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 am

what are the greatest scenes in the history of doctor who?
Here are mine....
1. the dalek shadow appears for the first time
2. the cybermen extracting themselves from the tomb
3. "chap with the wings- 5 rounds rapid!"
4. tb and davros genesis scene
5. the five doctors scene at the tomb of rassilon
6. the chamelion curcuit final works- er sort of
7. dalek flying up the stairs
8. kissing scene- millions of fans groan
9. doc grabbing rose's arm for the first time
10. horse and doc flying thru the clock
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Nice list.

Mine goes something like this.

1) The Dalek emerging from the water in “The Dalek Invasion of Earth”

2) I agree about the moment when the Cybermen come out of the tombs. I also like the Cybermen in the sewers in “Invasion.” Basically, when I think of the 2nd Doctor I think of Cybermen.

3) “Shoes! … Shoes!” That scene in Spearhead is iconic for me. It has actually permeated my life to the point I cannot pass a shoe store without hearing those words.

4) The scene in Genesis when the 4th Doctor contemplates whether or not he has the right to destroy the Daleks.

5) The last scene in part 3 of “Caves of Androzani” when the 5th Doctor proclaims that he’s “not going to let you stop me now!” One of Peter’s finest moments IMO.

6) In “Attack of the Cybermen” when the 6th Doctor disarms one of Lytton’s goons with sheer force. I had not seen Venusian Karate in over 10 years LOL.

7) I have to agree with you. I can’t think of anything more iconic from the 7th Doctor's reign than Daleks flying up a flight of stairs

8 ) I have forgotten much of this movie in the 10 years since I have seen it. But a certain motorcycle chase stands out.

9) “I know what should happen … I know what you deserve … Exterminate!” The scene between Nine and the Dalek is one of my favorite of all time.

10) “I’m so old now … I used to have so much mercy.” Whenever people say Tennant can’t do gravitas I think of this scene in “School Reunion” and think, what a load of #%&$%.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:09 am

nice choices toyasaurus!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Some of my favorites have already been mentioned (particularly the Cybermen rising from their icy tombs and the Dalek rising from the water), so I'll stick to running down a few of my favorites that haven't...

1. The Battle of Canary Wharf...I waited for a Dalek/Cybermen throwdown for more than 20 years, and it was a joy to behold!

2. The Cybermen marching silently through the streets of London in The Invasion. Chilling.

3. Jo Grant getting a faceful of plastic in Terror of the Autons. A lot of silly stuff happened in that serial, but that scene really freaked me out as a kid.

4. The departure of Sarah Jane Smith at the end of The Hand of Fear, which was one of the most tearful moments in DW history...until she realizes he's dropped her off in the wrong city!

5. The First Doctor returning for the ring given to him by Cameca at the end of The Aztecs. I'm not generally one for romance in my sci-fi, but it was a nice humanizing touch, especially when contrasted against how gruff Hartnell's Doctor could be at times.

6. "Just this once, everybody lives!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:00 pm

yes mysterylad- the cybermen thowdown was quite a fanfest. Another moment that I have to mention for me was the utopia master moment...my jaw dropped to the floor. Then a second later I was giggling with glee.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 pm

1 - Nicola Bryant's cleavage

2- Wendy Padbury's bum
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:11 pm

The 3rd Doctor getting into Bessie alone and driving away from the Nut Hutch at the end of Green Death.....Showed the Doctor as a lonely traveller. Kind of like when he leaves Donna's house at the end of Series 4.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 pm

oh ronpur that was such a defining moment in the Green Death-
hankie moment for sure...

As for you calvius- I prefer any scene where Jamie flashed his legs...poor Wendy had to wear that silver outfit- I think it was the mind robber...wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:29 pm

It was indeed the Mind Robber. Zoe wearing her skin tight glittery catsuit, sailing through the void of space clinging only to the Tardis console with her perfectly sculpted hiney on display for the camera.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 am

Sarah coming through the door and seeing the TARDIS, then the camera pulls back and we see the 10th Doctor standing there... He says, "Hello Sarah Jane"

Definitely a hair on the back of the neck moment.
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:11 am

I love that scene where Ecclestons inside the tardis hearing the daleks screamin outside. The look on his face is perfect
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Okay, let's put this in as simple terms as possible:   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:09 am

:doc1: I kind of liked the end of that one episode in war machines where the machine is advancing on the doctor and everyone is behind him. Otherwise, any scene in the dalek invasion of earth.

:doc2: The doctor dodging machine gun fire on the roof and his smart alecky remarks to the ice warriors

:doc3: The entire inferno and 3 doctor serials

:doc4: The doctor recovering from regeneration, against davros, and the moments leading up to his death and the watcher!

:doc5: The death of adric and the caves storyline

:doc6: The doctor vs the doctor in the two doctors

:doc7: the doctor vs the daleks and the final walk off scene in survival

:doc8: Only saw the movie once on youtube before it was removed. need a region 1 version, common bbc and fox! Anyway, the regeneration scene and the final scene where the record skips again.

:doc9: First encounter with rose, the expelling of adam, and the way he handled the last slitheen during dinner.

:doc10: "Barcelona!" "No second chances" "Hey who turned out the lights!" The last three episodes of season 4!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 am

in no paticular order and put down randomly

any thing from genesis

peter davidson destroying the scarf and witnessing the demise of the sonic screw driver

adric's death

wheres my mummy, leading to just this once everybody lives

the doctor running around with the sash and the antimatter gun from the invasion of time.

all the shenanigens with baker's regeneration in robot especially the nursery rhyme he sings to harry.

the scene in the green death where pertwee explains serendipity

pertwee singing to peledon. i always loved that song. gets stuck in my head.

baker fighting in the matrix

colin meets mr jj chambers

the doctor on big brother

the dvd that sally sparrow talks to. love the special feature with tennant only.

many more im sure just of the top of my insomnia laiden head
Back to top Go down
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:50 am

Any scene with Tegan in it.

But seriously, the one scene that's hard to blot out is when the cybermen crush Lytton's hands.

From that point on I never saw the cybermen in the same light again.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:57 am

Another of my favorites is Ace wailing on a dalek with a baseball bat, then jumping through a window to make her escape. That girl was hard-core when she needed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 am

Too many to think of at this moment, but heres a quick list;

1. Barbara backed against a wall, a mysterious plunger looming towards her in The Daleks.

2. The Cybermen emerging from the sewers in Invasion.

3. The Doctor wrestling against Linx in The Time Warrior.

4. When Davros 'dies' for the first time, at the hands of his creations, in Genesis of the Daleks.

5. The Master lures the Cybermen onto the giant chessboard or the scene when the Raston Warrior Robot takes out a squad of Cybermen, from The Five Doctors.

6. Peri being chased by Shockeye in The Two Doctors.

7. The horror on the Doctor's face when the Dalek flies up the stairs in Remberance of the Daleks.

8. The motorbike chase.

9. When Downing Street gets blown up, while the Doctor, Rose and Harriet Jones hide in a cupboard, in World War Three.

10. In Journey's End, when the Doctor 10.5 runs out of the Tardis only to be hit by a bolt of lightening from Davros. Or in School Reunion when K9 fires at the Krillitane in the lunch hall.
Back to top Go down
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:10 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
7. The horror on the Doctor's face when the Dalek flies up the stairs in [i]Remberance of the Daleks.
I thought they didn't fly until the 9th doctor? Guess I'll have to re-watch that episode.

On a related note, have you ever thought about the Daleks and how they should have evolved? The flying thing actually made sense in their development. The fact that they are still roundish-looking robots and not sleek bipedal robots of some sort puzzles me a bit. You would have thought they would have figured out a better functioning form by now. Don't get me wrong, the classic Dalek look is timeless. It's just that evolution-wise it doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: greatest scenes in doctor who   greatest scenes in doctor who EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

well they kinda did with the whole daleks in manhattan ep. but then they killed dalek sec soooo. i guess they are stuck in there ways.
Back to top Go down

greatest scenes in doctor who
Page 1 of 1