20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Lucas is at it again - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:49 am

i dont know bret the way i always looked at it before we got all the new movies was that yoda and obi won were on one side and darth and the emperor on the other. thats why lukes character was the real hope or destruction because he had the swing vote so to speak but by refusing to turn to the dark side he brought the force back to an uneven balance and his courage to be good is what really brought back balance. it was never really out of balance on a jedi sith level but it was in the sense that the darkside had all the political and military power to kill the jedi. i know on some level your supposed to take all these new movies into account but i can't because they are just silly to me, i mean vader having a near christlike birth is just stupid to me, the new movies destroy so much of what i love about star wars. i know i may be different from some of the older guys on here, allthough at 34 i don't feel so young, lol but you gotta remember from my perspective i was born in 77, literally my life revolved around star wars for the first 6years of my life and it was my gateway drug to sci fi and fantasy that along with my sci fi nerd dad who l owe everything to in loving this genre lead me to star trek, doctor who, and everything else i love, and as i said before these movies didn't stop being watched by me and my friends. i feel like the new movies have done to the established story line of star wars with these new movies would be the eqivalent of matt smith glitching into kameleon, only to discover that everything since peter davison has been a fake doctor and the real one died. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:49 am

Well, I am just getting into the Blurays and so far, the deleted scenes are so cool for the original trilogy. The Tosche Station sequence with Biggs is so much fun. To finally see what I have heard so much about over the years is nice, even though the film is scratchy at first. The ROTJ scene with Luke and his lightsaber was not what I expected, I had read it took place in Obi Wans house, not a little cave. The sandstorm is cool too, but I can see why the deleted it. Very hard to follow.

This is my first bluray, and I am surprised at how slow they load. Is this typical? Or is there something wrong? Even some of the menus jerk around as they load.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Blu-rays do take a little longer to load.

Contact the manufacturer of your player and make sure you have the latest firmware. I updated mine recently and it improved it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Well, I am just getting into the Blurays and so far, the deleted scenes are so cool for the original trilogy. The Tosche Station sequence with Biggs is so much fun. To finally see what I have heard so much about over the years is nice, even though the film is scratchy at first. The ROTJ scene with Luke and his lightsaber was not what I expected, I had read it took place in Obi Wans house, not a little cave. The sandstorm is cool too, but I can see why the deleted it. Very hard to follow.

This is my first bluray, and I am surprised at how slow they load. Is this typical? Or is there something wrong? Even some of the menus jerk around as they load.

i found it differs with some things versus others, and for some reason its different with tv shows versus movies.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Calixar wrote:
Blu-rays do take a little longer to load.

Contact the manufacturer of your player and make sure you have the latest firmware. I updated mine recently and it improved it quite a bit.

Yuppers... if your player has an internet connection, that's the easiest way. If not, you gotta hit the manufacturer's site, and get the firmware update for your model. You'll have to download it to your computer, then burn it to a CD that you boot the player with.

One of the other factors can be how complex the menus are. My blu player is relatively new, and it didn't have enough memory to load the menus for the Alien Quadrilogy. I had to plug in a flash drive in the back to give it more RAM to work with.

Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:00 pm

yeah, my firefly dvd's play really fast and the pop up menu works really well, but when i went to watch the last two seasons of lost they took forever. side note for anyone who loves firefly but maybe didnt buy it on blu ray, my advice is buy it! so much better, there is a abrilliant repeating main menu screen and it has a play all function which i love for tv shows!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:16 pm

I've always thought that Anakin Skywalker's ghost should look like a pasty scarred cyborg. He betrayed both the Jedi and the Sith after all.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Interesting point Evil Monkey Pope. However, and my claim that it should be the older version of him, lies in "Redemption". He redeemed himself. He was forgiven. He found peace. You'd be surprised all the people who can achieve that. Maybe even Oswald Danes did in the end.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:57 am

Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the Force. How can that be when only Jedi remain? Both Sith and Jedi are required for equillibrium.
Anyhoo, his ghost should look like it did upon his physical death not its metaphorical one.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 am

Basically, who can say what a Jedi ghost should look like. Lucas made it up, so it is up to him to decide. This was one change that did make sense to me after I saw the explanation.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Basically, who can say what a Jedi ghost should look like. Lucas made it up, so it is up to him to decide. This was one change that did make sense to me after I saw the explanation.

what was the explination? i have never heard his explination on it just fan hypothosis. also i was able to watch all the deleted scenes on line so i am content to wait now for a signifigant price drop down the road to pick these up or just wait for the real deal original versions to come with the new ones. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm

hitman hart wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

what was the explination? i have never heard his explination on it just fan hypothosis. also i was able to watch all the deleted scenes on line so i am content to wait now for a signifigant price drop down the road to pick these up or just wait for the real deal original versions to come with the new ones. Very Happy

I thought that was from Lucas, that when Anakin became Vader he died. So when he returned to the good side, he became young Anakin again. When I get to that Bluray, I will listen to the commentary to make sure. I got my set of 9 disc for $79 at Target, which seamed like a great deal to me. My last set of the Original Trilogy was the first DVD release, I did not get the last set.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I've always thought that Anakin Skywalker's ghost should look like a pasty scarred cyborg. He betrayed both the Jedi and the Sith after all.
'

The thing that bothered me about Anakin's Force Ghost was the fact he was wearing traditional Jedi Garb...which he has never worn. Wouldn't he be wearing his Dark Brown/Black Jedi outfit instead of a copy of Ben's?

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the Force. How can that be when only Jedi remain? Both Sith and Jedi are required for equillibrium.

And Luke was a Jedi trained like a Sith. Yoda even put him in a location strong in the Dark Side to let Luke "taste" it. When you watch what Luke actually does in the movies, he has the training of a Sith coached in the teachings of the Jedi.

Ronpur wrote:

I thought that was from Lucas, that when Anakin became Vader he died. So when he returned to the good side, he became young Anakin again.

Which is just a jedi hand wave of an explanation, if you'll pardon the expression. I don't begrudge the change, but the official reason for it just spits further on the whole idea that the story was "The Redemption of Darth Vader".

Honestly, Lucas wouldn't have to think up these explanations if he didn't decide to ignore the original story when doing the prequels. Making Obi-Wan out to be a bald faced liar and then trying to justify it by post-editing.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 am

Ronpur wrote:
hitman hart wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

I thought that was from Lucas, that when Anakin became Vader he died. So when he returned to the good side, he became young Anakin again. When I get to that Bluray, I will listen to the commentary to make sure. I got my set of 9 disc for $79 at Target, which seamed like a great deal to me. My last set of the Original Trilogy was the first DVD release, I did not get the last set.

80 bucks really is an incredible price considering some new single blu ray movies go for the ridiculous price of 30 bucks, heck even the 120 its supposed to be raised to after the initial sale is over is still a good price by those standards. what i was refering to and i didn't make it clear at all lol is i only really wanted 4,5,6 on the blu ray, and 70 percent of that was because i wanted the awsome bonus features for those films. i bought eps 1,2,3 aready and once was enough for those. lol so i'm just gonna wait until further down the road when the excitment has died down and pick one up off of amazon or a site like that closer to the 40 or 50 dollar mark, that way i wont feel so bad about buying three movies i don't need and rarely have even watched since i bought them. Very Happy plus i may be weird in this respect, but i really think the hand drawn picture on the cover looks stupid lol i know i know im crazy.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:20 am

hitman hart wrote:
plus i may be weird in this respect, but i really think the hand drawn picture on the cover looks stupid lol i know i know im crazy.

You aren't crazy.

For what is supposed to be the latest and greatest edition yet... it's pretty lame cover art.

And for someone like me that hates the prequels, I don't like the focus of the art being Annie. I can't help thinking it's a subliminal ploy to make people accept the prequels' existence Razz

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

I know everyone complains about the prequels, but they can't be all that if they gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU&ob=av2e

Right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I know everyone complains about the prequels, but they can't be all that if they gave us this:

Right?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ron...your spot on my Christmas card list just went down a few places!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Ronpur wrote:

Right?

Yup... I have this on dvd, which is more than I can say for the prequels Razz

Too bad he didn't make a music video for "Yoda". cheers
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Ronpur wrote:

Right?
That was great! The best thing to come out of the prequels. I own the Weird Al DVD as well, and don't even have the movies on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Just picked up a copy of Star Wars: The Padawan Menace on DVD. This is a MUST own, in my opinion. Some inspired brilliance from the Lego guys, plus the bonus clips are pretty good too, especially the Bounty episode Wink
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am

A friend of mine reminded me, that Lucas has done a lot for independent film makers, and even had sound effects available to download for those who want to make their own Star Wars short films. Many of them are available to see on youtube, and he even put some on these blu-ray sets. Not bad for a greedy man so many fans think he is.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:03 am

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Right?
That was great! The best thing to come out of the prequels. I own the Weird Al DVD as well, and don't even have the movies on DVD.

This is in the Blu-ray special features, too.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:40 pm

i heard chris gore on dvdduesday on g4s attack of the show's give the same arguement ronpur, he said why should everyone else get to play with his toys and he not get to do it himself. at the end of the day i don't think lucas keeps changing them because hes greedy, i just think he NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! i do think it was kinda crappy that he makes you buy the whole series to get any special features when most people have already bought them so many times, and then to not give you the uncut versions of the original films is just wrong. i could write a book on the new prequals, how bad they were, and how he missed a real oppertunity to make something great again, but i won't. i'm sick and tired of him constantlly changeing the movies i watched for 20 years of my life to make them fit with a 3 new movies that suck, in the end, he just keeps making the original films suck by doing so!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm

I would adore the altered versions of the movie and accept them for what they are if he would just release a unedited version of the movies to compare the updated versions with.

That's all I want. Good quality versions of the unedited versions of the film. Something that gives me a context as to where and how these changes took place.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Lucas is at it again   Lucas is at it again - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Rust wrote:
I would adore the altered versions of the movie and accept them for what they are if he would just release a unedited version of the movies to compare the updated versions with.

That's all I want. Good quality versions of the unedited versions of the film. Something that gives me a context as to where and how these changes took place.

i too, would except this proposal.
Back to top Go down

Lucas is at it again
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: