13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

a Black Doctor? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Rust wrote:
Kinda on the same subject, how many of those opposed to a female Doctor would watch a spin off show starring Romana?
Absolutely. As long as she wasn't called the Doctor.

Even if they brought her back to the main show, or a character similar to hers, and the Doctor was missing/kidnapped/captured and they spent 4-5 episodes looking for him, with Romana/new character taking the lead of the show, I'd watch. As long as she wasn't called "The Doctor".

Nor would I watch if the Master suddenly showed up as a woman (which I could see Moffat doing just for a cheap laugh). I wouldn't quit watching the show, but I'd skip that episode and refuse to acknowledge its existence.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:04 pm

rdks wrote:

Nor would I watch if the Master suddenly showed up as a woman (which I could see Moffat doing just for a cheap laugh). I wouldn't quit watching the show, but I'd skip that episode and refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Wouldn't be any worse then how RTD treated the character.

I'm still rather upset by the Season 3 Finale and End of Time. That scene when the Master's hunting Martha is painful because it's a glimpse of the Master we could have had if Simms had been allowed to be more then a Jim Carey As The Riddler knock off.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I think the Season 3 finale was great, but the End of Time was certainly not. RTD took the Master'scharacter and devoured it in that specific story...
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Scary wrote:
I think the Season 3 finale was great

I found all of Season 3 to be a masterwork all the way through Utopia. Not a single episode I didn't enjoy.

And then came A Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords.

Why can't I get clean? Why can't I scrub the stains away?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Rust, over the past few days, I could not agree more with everything you have said. I agree completely on the series 3 finale. I don't think it is ever possible for the Master to reach such a low point as he did in that incarnation. A woman in the role would most definitely not be worse. ANYTHING would be better than his goofy, carefree incarnation of the master. Really. Even River Song has been more of a threat than he was.

And to actually respond to the thread, as long as the Doctor doesn't act childish, I don't care if he is a she, black, a black woman, young, old, short, tall...whatever.

Last edited by kcooper76 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm

RTD ruined the Master, as far as I'm concerned...what a waste. He gave us some great Who, but RTD's desire to make each season finale bigger, bigger, bigger far outstripped his abilities as a writer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Rust wrote:
Kinda on the same subject, how many of those opposed to a female Doctor would watch a spin off show starring Romana?

I would, but only if Lalla Ward came back (either for whole series or just do film a Regeneration scene)

YES!!!That is why Gallifrey is my favorite Big Finish audio series!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Ronpur wrote:
...Gallifrey is my favorite Big Finish audio series!
Hmmm... you've got me intrigued now. Gallifrey are the only BF Who-related audios I've never listened to. I didn't think it would be very interesting, Time Lords bickering at each other. But if you're giving it that distinction, maybe it's time I gave it a try.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:10 pm

I havent gotten them yet, but I will eventualy.

Both Romanas and Leela... cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:49 am

And 2 K-9s!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And 2 K-9s!
Shocked

Are they both in it for the whole series? And do they have the same voice? If so I could see that getting a bit confusing at times...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 pm

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
And 2 K-9s!
Shocked

Are they both in it for the whole series? And do they have the same voice? If so I could see that getting a bit confusing at times...

One was with Romana most of the time, and the other was with Leela. (Same voice) That is all i will say to avoid spoilers.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Alright, you've sold me on it. I think I've got episode 1 on one of those sample CD's around here somewhere....

Just tell me one thing, can I look forward to any baddies appearing/invading (if so, don't tell me who) or is it just Time Lord in-fighting?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: a Black Doctor?   a Black Doctor? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:18 am

Why not make an American Doctor Who show, where you can do whatever you like, that way if it works, you get two Doctors for the price of one.
Back to top Go down

a Black Doctor?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: