hitman hart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

the "slience" thread Empty
PostSubject: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 pm

i'm starting this to try and wrangle all the scilence themes that keep poppin up. ive been rewatching the first matt season paticularly the last two and ive started now with the first half of the current season.

so what i know, and please feel free to hypothesis and fill in my blanks thats what this thread is here for. i might add real quick even though i don't consider this a spoilers thread i suppose it could be if you haven't watched any of the episodes people will referance so read at your own peril!

now
1. a creepy voice tells river silence will fall in the pandorica episode of the preveous series

2. the doctor makes a quote about scilence falling in the big bang

3. moffats first story with river is called scilence in the library

4. longshot but worth a nod, in scilence of the libray featuring rivers first episode, the theme is a little girl worked into a vast machine protected by the moon, as i recall going to rewatch those next. this is interesting to me because we see the same sort of themes as in the first two eps of the new season ie the moon, girl in machinary etc. thoughts?

5. i know that scilence is mentioned more times in series 5 i just dont remember all the times and moments.

6. i noticed when the gang encounters the scilence, and river has her famous gunning them down scene that the layout of the room looks to me just like the layout of the time machine in the lodger, and the ship itself looks like it could have come from city of death. lol, i also noticed that the doctors flat mate is appearing in the trailors for this season. thoughts?

7. one thing that has bugged me in the immposible astronaut since i first watched this episode is when the scilence kills joy. i always wondered if that scene was to show they were threatening or if there was more at work? that paticular scilence says to amy that she needs to tell the doctor what he must know and what he must never know. thoughts?

i think im going to keep a little pad next to myself and jot down any more interesting points i see to bring up and i would be happy to recieve any help on this with your own observations.

little disclaimer. i have started this topic for those of us who find these little things interesting and would like a think tank on them, this is not, i repeat not a section to complain about this angle or how trite moffat is or how you just don't like any aspect of anything. lol this is for putting all the facts and guesses in one place. i don't mean to be snippy but i don't want this thread to evovle into and i say this with affection a "pissing and moaning" section. Very Happy if you would like to do that please start your own thread and place the proper heading on it.

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 am

Interesting stuff... especially the points about Silence in the Library.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 am

8. watching the vampires of venice and the mum vampire fish said that they ran from the scilence, and the cracks in time. and at the end of that episode the doctor asks rory before they get in the tardis, did you hear that, rory, no all i hear is scilence. hmmm
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:55 am

It's interesting to note that in The Pandorica Opens, the voice is completely different from the voice of the Silence.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:56 am

The Silence tell Amy that... well... she "will bring the silence."

What the heck is going to happen that Amy brings them into existence... or into our reality... ? They said it to her in connection to Melody/River.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:03 am

Sorry, what were we talking about again? drunken
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:28 pm

so, i guess i can't post anything in this topic. oh well.......
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

i was thinking about you when i made it! jk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Scary wrote:

trying to put every clue we know about the scilence in one topic to 1. see where all the referances are and 2. see if we can see a pattern or try to discern where this plot thread is going. good for facts and speculation.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I know nothing of the scilence, or the slience. I did see the Silence, though.

Sorry, I can live with the odd typo, but it grates when it's repeated.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I know nothing of the scilence, or the slience. I did see the Silence, though.

Sorry, I can live with the odd typo, but it grates when it's repeated.

hey no prob, we all got or funny little quirks, and i do tend to spell things wrong due to my fine public education. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:04 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Ya, I'm staying silent as well. (pun intended) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:20 am

hitman hart wrote:
Scary wrote:

trying to put every clue we know about the scilence in one topic to 1. see where all the referances are and 2. see if we can see a pattern or try to discern where this plot thread is going. good for facts and speculation.

I know, I was joking since no one can remember the Silence in the episodes. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Scary wrote:
hitman hart wrote:
Scary wrote:

I know, I was joking since no one can remember the Silence in the episodes. Wink

that i'm ashamed to say went right over my head. lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: the "slience" thread   the "slience" thread EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:06 pm

so last night we learned an important piece of evidence, the "silents" aren't the major threat associated with the "silence" which is a much bigger theme. very interesting.
Back to top Go down

the "slience" thread
Page 1 of 1