11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:07 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:

Pffft, yeah, and with all the sexual inferring comments and gestures he puts into it makes that statement quite hard to believe.
Random comment: I just re-watched series 1, and I actually found wayyy more of these innuendoes and comments than there is now. They flat out say stuff that they couldn't say today...I suppose because maybe at that point they didn't know their audience as well as they do now. Ok, random comment over.

At this time I didn't really realise though. Haven't watched series 1 in a while, besides the Slitheen two parter a 'Dalek' the other day but they seemed "clean." However, I do not recall Rose spreading herself across a bed, pining for the Doctor to come over to her like Amy did at the end of the Angel episodes... Just saying. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Scary wrote:
However, I do not recall Rose spreading herself across a bed, pining for the Doctor to come over to her like Amy did at the end of the Angel episodes... Just saying. Wink

Heh, that you are right about! Also, to add to your post, in that 2-parter, they are asked directly if they have a 'sexual relationship'. I don't think that phrase would be mentioned today...BUT I see your point in what Amy did there...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:
However, I do not recall Rose spreading herself across a bed, pining for the Doctor to come over to her like Amy did at the end of the Angel episodes... Just saying. Wink

Heh, that you are right about! Also, to add to your post, in that 2-parter, they are asked directly if they have a 'sexual relationship'. I don't think that phrase would be mentioned today...BUT I see your point in what Amy did there...

Yes, I remember that now. But to be honest small kids wouldn't even know what the word "sexual" means. Or at least for me, back in 2005 I definitely didn't.

I think the fact is that the new series is full of sexualisation, and even more so now than ever before... What with Amy and her infamous belts skirts. Just like everything in the media these days... It's like they're purposely trying to corrupt my generation of peoples.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Scary wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:

Yes, I remember that now. But to be honest small kids wouldn't even know what the word "sexual" means. Or at least for me, back in 2005 I definitely didn't.

I think the fact is that the new series is full of sexualisation, and even more so now than ever before... What with Amy and her infamous belts skirts. Just like everything in the media these days... It's like they're purposely trying to corrupt my generation of peoples.

its always been there, it just goes in cycles, each new generation fights the norms of the previous ones until each one seems more risque than the last, just think about what you can and cant get away with. in 66 john lennon made the off handed comment that the beatles were more popular than jesus and it lead to massive public out cry in the states with public burnings of albums and memorabillia, to now where someone like lady gaga can hump a cross and call judas her boyfriend and people just kinda go huh, oh well. everything keeps uping itself.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

hitman hart wrote:
Scary wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:
Scary wrote:

its always been there, it just goes in cycles, each new generation fights the norms of the previous ones until each one seems more risque than the last, just think about what you can and cant get away with. in 66 john lennon made the off handed comment that the beatles were more popular than jesus and it lead to massive public out cry in the states with public burnings of albums and memorabillia, to now where someone like lady gaga can hump a cross and call judas her boyfriend and people just kinda go huh, oh well. everything keeps uping itself.

Some good points there.

On a side note, I hate Gaga. I've never come across such a hypocritical, mentally damaged, Satanic monster in all my life.

Small-rant over. Cool
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:05 am

Quote :
Sex and death commingled. One inseparable impulse. Risk feeds sensation. Sensation makes risk acceptable. We're headed toward an apocalypse of our own creation.

... in regard to Lady BlahBlah...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who   Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 pm

to me shes just the new maddona, and tries to hard at that.
Back to top Go down

Why Eccleston REALLY Quit Doctor Who
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2