Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...

Go down 
+2
Rust
hitman hart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... Empty
PostSubject: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:03 am

people saying that steven moffat doestnt want to do the show in 2012, am i missing something, i'm confused. help.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 am

to clarify i havent read that on this site, just some chatter on facebook from one of the who pages im a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 am

Just a bunch of nonsense and hot air. Pay it no mind.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 am

The guys at the BBC are saying there will only be a few episodes next year. Presumably to make a bigger, better series for the fiftieth anniversary. At the moment, they're saying Moffat's really busy with Doctor Who and Sherlock, but Moff has denied it and hasn't revealed all the real reasons.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:22 am

Apparently the BBC have forked a huge chunk o change for The Olympics.

There is also some kind of deal in place where if Dr Who takes a smaller episode hit in 2012 then they can have a bigger pot to play with for the 50th anniversary in 2013?

Moff is also super busy with Sherlock due to Martin Freemans's schedule with The Hobbit in New Zealand

Matt Smith has also hinted that he would "appreciate" time for other work.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

I heard half of series 7 will be in 2012 and the other half in 2013... But then again I heard no episodes at all in 2012...

I don't get it? Either way is ludicrous. It's gunna be just like 2009, the year where Doctor Who fandom dries up, we lose casual fans and people lose interest. And most of all... the merchandise dies out.... And as if CO weren't already going down...
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 pm

14 more episodes are confirmed ordered, but there will not be a full series of 13 in 2012. Those are the only facts we really know. Everything else is fanish speculation, and we know what that is like. So, with the 6 in the fall, and the 14 to come, that is 20 episodes coming in the next 2 to 3 years. Remember, most BBC shows don't get even more than 6 episodes a series and it may be years between those. Not like US TV.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

And I figure, I survived 1988-2005 with just one movie, so 14 over a couple years is pretty good!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm

thanks everybody i was getting really confused.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:23 pm

So long as the writing is solid, I'm not really bothered with how many episodes we get. Though I did forget about the Olympics. That would cut into the scheduling, wouldn't it?

Besides, if I suffer from too many Who withdrawals, I've still got a lot of the Classic stuff to work through yet. I am not going to be wanting for Doctor Who for many a year to come.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...   when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are... EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:27 am

Rust wrote:
Though I did forget about the Olympics. That would cut into the scheduling, wouldn't it?
It shouldn't. Olympics are from July 27-August 12th. They could squeeze in a 13-episode run starting mid-March and be done in time, or split the season again and there would be no problems.
Back to top Go down

when is doctor who coming back on the air and why are...
Page 1 of 1