hitman hart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

observations on wine in doctor who. Empty
PostSubject: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 pm

i knew when i saw matt smith spit out the wine he drinks in the impossible astro, that it hit me funny, but until i was rewatching it tonight it didn't hit me that its so odd be cause ive seen pertwees doctor drink wine with style and class many times. lol
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 pm

I've said for awhile that when Doctor Who breaks out the cheese, some fan always brings in the whine.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am

I assume each Doctor has different tastes. Somehow, I can not imagine Pertwee eating Jelly Babies, but 2 and 4 did!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 am

I thought this was established all the way back in The Eleventh Hour, when the Doctor was trying and hating all those foods because his taste buds had regenerated.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 am

I doubt Pertwee would have eaten fish fingers with custard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm

i think the difference for me was the context of it that made it so funny, smith says im 900 and something years old, i must have drunken wine at some point and then immediatelly spits it out. about a week ago i was watching pertwee being the wine connoisseur he is so, it was funny to see matt spit it out with such a dramatic reaction, even if he doesnt like wine he should in theroy know everything about it. its funny to me just to see what constitutes child standards these days which is why imo smith spits out the wine and the doctor of today cant possibly drink wine. lol i just thought it was funny i wasn't really trying to understand it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: observations on wine in doctor who.   observations on wine in doctor who. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 am

He's going senile.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/

observations on wine in doctor who.
Page 1 of 1