rmlextreme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Doctor Who on the Today Show Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:33 pm

If you go to youtube Meredith Viera from the Today Show was on the Set of Dr Who
I dont know how to post it. So if someone could its a good interview

Last edited by rmlextreme on Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Beware, there are spoilers for Episode 13.
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:14 am

Yeah I saw that vid. It's not a huge spoiler, but it does hint at things. I wish they had gotten someone who had a little more knowledge of the show to do the report.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:58 am

I saw the clip a day or two after it aired.

Meredith Viera wasn't that bad. She at least pronounced the various DW "buzzwords" correctly. (I expected Ms. Viera to make the common "mistake" of calling Matt Smith "Dr. Who", but she identified him as "the Doctor".) I suspect NBC purposely chose someone not intimately "fannish" about the show to serve as a link for viewers having little or no idea about the concept (who were the target audience for this piece).

We should be thrilled DW has been featured upon the Today show. Can't get much more exposure than that!

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I saw that on YouTube yesterday. I thought it was a very good intro to Americans unaware of The Doctor; maybe more will tune in Sat eves now and the fanbase here will increase. And I agree wholeheartedly with Redfern about Ms Viera & The Today Show. That's the sort of exposure The Doctor needs here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:04 pm

And what I thought was great was after the interview, with the rest of the Today cast, Viera said she had never heard of Who before, and everyone else was very aware of it!
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And what I thought was great was after the interview, with the rest of the Today cast, Viera said she had never heard of Who before, and everyone else was very aware of it!

Roker was a real standout there! Genuinely enthusiastic. Got a positive snort from this viewer as well as a full-faced, toothy grin.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who on the Today Show   Doctor Who on the Today Show EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:06 pm

It wasn't as embarassing as I thought it might be, but the line about the host trying to be the Doctor's first American companion irked me. Even if they don't count Peri because Nicola Bryant was British, they're still discounting Grace/Daphne Ashbrook.

Other then that, it was pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com

Doctor Who on the Today Show
Page 1 of 1