22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

top ten game - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:49 pm

7) "Day of Reckoning" from Daleks Invasion of Earth
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm

8. Four Hundred Dawns (Galaxy 4 Episode 1)

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
7. Romana 2. I am not a follower of the audios and I consider her to still be in E-Space myself along with K-9 mark 2.
Actually, it was the New Adventure books that started the whole "President of Gallifrey" angle. Big Finish just kept the continuity going.

Cruel Angel wrote:
8. Victoria Waterfield. Love to see how her new life ended up in the 20th century.
One of the abandoned scripts for The Sixth Doctor was to feature 6 & Peri going to visit Victoria. Big Finish is doing it as part of next year's Lost Stories.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

9) State of Decay

Again, fantastic topic, Whoosier
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:05 pm

10. Planet of Evil

Follow up topic - the top ten STUPIDEST/INANE/SPOILERIFFIC episode titles

1. The Doctors Wife

Because this was such a fantastic episode the title did not do it justice and it made me think, "Oh great another lame episode that is going to get everyone mad because the premise of his wife will be stupid"

Instead it should have been called Soul of the TARDIS or The Doctors Thief

And yes, you can offer an alternative title if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:11 pm

2. The End of Time

Mainly because despite being the overall threat, it wasn't the driving point of the episodes.

Suggested Alternate Title: "Time of Madness" or "Ending Song" (after the Ood's line "This song is ending...")
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:15 pm

'The Doctor's thief' would've been much better.

I'm tempted to put 'anything with "... of the Daleks" tacked on at the end...but I'll just choose:

3) Revenge of the Cybermen....... a Cyberman story with barely any Cybermen in it

Whatever the alternative title would be (can't think of one)...the word 'cybermen' shouldn't be in it!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

4. Stones of Blood

Since the Ogri and Druidic Sacrifice Cult plotlines were dropped rather quickly. A better title would have been "The Justice Machines", since they dominated the story really.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
'Doc's thief' would've been much better.

I'm tempted to put 'anything with "... of the Daleks" tacked on at the end...but I'll just choose:

3) Revenge of the Cybermen....... a Cyberman story with barely any Cybermen in it

And since they arent supposed to have emotions, Revenge was a misnomer. The original title was going to be Return of the Cybermen.

I think Last of the Cybermen would have been a pretty cool one. And Robert Holmes wasnt a fan of reusing old monsters and hated the daleks, it has been going around the fan rumor circles for years that he came up with Death to the Daleks as the title because he particularly hated them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Rust wrote:
4. Stones of Blood

Since the Ogri and Druidic Sacrifice Cult plotlines were dropped rather quickly. A better title would have been "The Justice Machines", since they dominated the story really.

Funny, I chose that as one of the best. While I agree that the plot quickly shifts, that title just sounds pretty cool to begin with
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:21 pm

I happen to like Stones of Blood myself, way better than Power of Kroll. That one should have been Big Unconvincing Rubber Tentacles on Location at the Marshland Shooting Location.

No, this is not an official entry on the list. The Model of Kroll was really neat, it just didnt come across well.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:23 pm

kcooper76 wrote:

Funny, I chose that as one of the best. While I agree that the plot quickly shifts, that title just sounds pretty cool to begin with

Oh it is a nice evocative title, it's just very misleading.

5. Destiny of the Daleks

Davros never seemed like much of a destiny for the Daleks, nor the Daleks reasons for exhuming him. I'd probably say "Desperation of the Daleks" or "Creator of the Daleks" would have been a far better title.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm

6. "The Hungry Earth"

It's revealed fairly early on that the Earth isn't hungry. And we knew what was coming when it first aired.

Can't think of an alternate title, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:24 pm

7. The Robots of Death Even Agatha Christie never gave away who the heck the killer was in the title! The Sandminer Murders would have still been as good and not given away that the guys in green were the baddies.

I tend to pick shows I like that the titles were a let down to.

This was going to be five but two other entries made it before I hit 'send'
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I happen to like Stones of Blood myself, way better than Power of Kroll. That one should have been Big Unconvincing Rubber Tentacles on Location at the Marshland Shooting Location.

No, this is not an official entry on the list. The Model of Kroll was really neat, it just didnt come across well.

That's actually amusing, as I found they did a decent enough job with Kroll. The one guy managed to make it look convincing that he was being drug away by a tentacle. And he was worshiped by a race of Jolly Green Giants to boot.

That story did grate my nerves a bit, however with a cop out that not even the famous RTD Deus Ex Machnia endings would have done: The Doctor's sonic scream to escape captivity. Oh that bugged the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:09 am

8. "The Doctor Dances"...yes, it delivered what it promised, but...with all the great stuff going on in that episode, this is what you call it??

As for "The Doctor's Wife", I thought it was an awesome title...back when JNT used it as a red herring to freak the fans out. I got a kick out of seeing it actually used for a proper episode.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:50 am

9. The Deadly Assassin. Obviously the "assassin" is "deadly..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:38 am

10. The Next Doctor

I mean c',mon! What a freakin' tease! I knew cheerleaders in high school that werent that bad!

The Other Doctor would have been better or maybe even A Silver Christmas.

Ok, so, let's continue this one with a twist, Pick alternative titles to the top ten mis titled episodes.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

1. I guess The Deadly Assassin could be The Gallifrey Conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:12 pm

2. The Next Doctor could've been [i]Return of the Cybermen
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:13 am

3. "The Doctor Dances"...if "The Empty Child Part 2" won't do, how about "Are You My Mummy?" (But then I suppose "Forest of the Dead" could've been called "Hey! Who Turned Out the Lights?")

RTD missed a golden opportunity with "The Next Doctor"...it should've been called:

"Doctor...Who?"
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:05 am

SeaDevil wrote:
1. I guess The Deadly Assassin could be The Gallifrey Conspiracy.

or The Prydonian Candidate Razz
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:30 am

4. Destiny of the Daleks (although I rather like this episode here is my go at an alternative title)

Rock, Paper, Scissors or
Digging with the Daleks or
The Braids of the Movellans
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:04 am

5. "City of Death" becomes "Disaster in Paris" or "The Spaghetti-Face Time Monster."
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:33 am

6. Rise of the Cybermen and Age of Steel really feel like they should have had their titles flipped, since you ruin the freaking suspense by putting the classic villain's name at the start of the first episode. Similarly, The Sontaran Stratagem and The Poison Sky.

At least The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit got the order right.

Oh bother, I've got and rambled off...back on topic!

Rise of the Cybermen, if not switched with Age of Steel, should have been called New World Order.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: top ten game   top ten game - Page 23 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:20 am

Doctor's Wife - "Love Amongst Thieves" or "The Odd Couple"
End of Time- "The Masters of Time"
Revenge of the Cybermen- "Gold Strike"
Stones of Blood- "The Cailleach" or "Blood of the Ogri"
Destiny of Daleks- "Stalemate"
Hungry Earth- "Scales of Evolution"
Robots of Death- "Storm Mine 4" or "The Sands of Death"
Deadly Assassin- "Crimes of Succession" or "Death and Life"
Doctor Dances- "The Virus of Life"
Next Doctor- "Shades of Memory" or "Reign of the Cybermen"

Back to top Go down

top ten game