18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 pm

And IG-88... replaced with whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bobamatt
bobamatt

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:44 am

Yeah. That's what happened. Some scumbag bought that pack, carefully opened it and replaced the figures with older, poopy figures, carefully resealed the package and returned it to the store and got their money back.

These people are scum of the earth. When I see this in the store, I always point it out to a manager and explain what happened. Hopefully they'll tell their employees who accept these as returns to be a bit more vigilant. I guess it's working since it's been quite a few months since I've seen any figure swapping...

These people clearly have no regard for the "fun" in hobby. They put themselves before the children who, in cases like this, may not know any better. It's truly a shame that people think this is acceptable. Collectors used to have morals. Scalpers already give us a bad name, we don't need this on top of it...

Sorry fo the rant. This just gets under my skin...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 pm

I just bought a very nice original vintage Landspeeder for a beautiful £18.50. Usually they're about £50.00 loose so I think I grabbed myself a bargain. Can't wait to get Luke and Ben in there. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:19 am

I have a little dilemma that I need some opinions on.

For Christmas I have the choice of getting two things, however I can only afford one. Which do I get?

A) Tons of classic Who figures

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 Xxx10

B) The Vintage Star Wars Death Star Playset

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 Vintage_playsetsafa_10072624

I've found a loose Death Star playset on eBay for a very cheap price. It's lightly used and absolutely complete (minus the foam pieces but I don't think anyone has them anymore - they disintegrate after a few years, I believe). It's incredibly rare - as we all know - but I've found it for around £200 and considering it can be up to £4,000 sometimes... Wow.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 am

Tough one, Scary. Honestly, the Death Star playset is - and has always been - kinda weak. I have had it since I was a kid and never really played with it much - even then. It would be the kind of thing that you feel you must have as a collector, but don't really need or get a lot of playability out of. The Who figs are quite wonderful and you'll get more for your money. Tough choice, but I'd go with the Who figures.

That being said, it is a remarkable price - if it actually goes for that after the auction ends...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:27 am

Well it's on 'Buy it Now' so the price is guaranteed.

I see what you mean though. I think I would play with it more than the classic figures though because with the classic figures I feel more compelled to display them because they're so new and crisp. But I can see what you mean, I'd probably be getting more for my money with the Who figures. I just dunno though.

The thing with the Who figures is that I can get them out of my weekly pocket money. If I wait long enough they'll drastically drop in price at my local comic book store, too. My only concern would be that the more popular sets, like the 3rd Doc enemies, will most likely fly off the pegs. I guess I could save for some classic sets with my own money and ask mum to get this for me for Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Man, I remember that Death Star set. A friend of mine had it. Pretty cool stuff. I'd definitely go for that in your situation.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Scary wrote:
The thing with the Who figures is that I can get them out of my weekly pocket money. If I wait long enough they'll drastically drop in price at my local comic book store, too. My only concern would be that the more popular sets, like the 3rd Doc enemies, will most likely fly off the pegs. I guess I could save for some classic sets with my own money and ask mum to get this for me for Christmas?

It's true, if you wait, the Who figs may be around awhile. I like your option best of asking your mum to get the DS playset for Christmas and get the DW stuff yourself as you can afford to. Good plan. Mums will do anything for their little angels!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

I had the Death Star Playset, my sister had Barbie, I had Darth Vader!

I have wanted to get a replacement for mine for years but could never afford it.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Now I kind of wish I knew were mine was...
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm

I had the Death Star, and I loved it! I played with it relentlessly. The elevator broke after a while though. I still have the Trash Compactor creature somewhere.

It was my favourite set along with the Jawa Robot Construction Kit.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

That one's easy for me.

A! afro
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I kinda miss my Death Star. The thing lasted a good 9 years. The pillars had to be glued multiple times when I'd knock off the tabs, and I laminated the inserts, but even that was failing in the end. The trash did begin to deteriorate a bit by the end too. Still, at least I still have the Falcon, Vader's Tie-fighter & an X-wing boxed up. The Falcon's seen better day, as has the X-wing, but the Tie is still in darn good condition with a couple stickers just starting to peel and the batter compartment hatch gone walkabout.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Scary wrote:

It's true, if you wait, the Who figs may be around awhile. I like your option best of asking your mum to get the DS playset for Christmas and get the DW stuff yourself as you can afford to. Good plan. Mums will do anything for their little angels!

Haha! Yeah, super mum to the rescue. Razz

I think I will go with that plan then. I'll ask mum to get me this for Christmas and I'll get the Who figures out of my own money. The saving begins!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Gargh! The one I was gonna buy was bought earlier today. However there is another one that is £100 cheaper. It's missing the green monster from the trash compactor and the blue rope that Luke uses to swing across with, but other than that it's perfectly fine. I don't mind too much about the monster or the rope to be honest. Not too bothered about the trash compactor monster, and as for the rope I can just make my own out of string! Razz

Can't wait to get it though. What with it being cheaper, as well, it means I can get some Who figures along with it after all!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Well it's been a while since I took some pictures... Here's a few more. Razz

These are the figures that the very kind Bobamatt sent me:

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1440010

The Bespin Guard's mustache reminds me a little bit of Freddie Mercury! Razz

Bohemian Rhapsody
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 Freddi10

And here are a few of my '12 Back' figures that I got a while back (more pictures in the former part of the thread).

Meet the family...
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 Family10

When your Dad is an evil inter-galactic dictator... It can make family life a bit awkward...Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1440011

Italian Star Wars?
Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1440012

Backdrop = 'The Living Room Playset' from "Simpsons: The World of Springfield" line.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:33 pm

I love those shots. Is that the Simpson's house?
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:51 pm

I still have two figures unopened from'Return Of The Jedi'.
'Hoth Han Solo' and 'C3PO that's in that broken look'
My brother still has his M.Falcon on top of his filing cabinet and there's two snowspeeders and another M.Falcon with loose figs in his store room.
I remember going to see the thx premier back in 97' and N.Connery presented
a 'Star Wars' fancy dress contest before the screening. I think it was the P.Leila
who won it. Anyway, one of the adverts before the film started was for the
re-birth of 'Kenner' line and just when the M. Falcon toy showed up i went, ' WAHAYYY' and then everyone in the Odean cinema just started roaring and cheering as if we only came in to see that.
Ahh, I felt like i won the talent contest. LOL
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Calixar wrote:
I love those shots. Is that the Simpson's house?

Thanks!

Yeah it is... It's a bit pink, obviously, but it serves as a nice background to take pictures with. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:59 pm

masterkhan wrote:
I still have two figures unopened from'Return Of The Jedi'.
'Hoth Han Solo' and 'C3PO that's in that broken look'

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! bounce

Razz
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Sorry Scary, I Would've posted pcs from every S/Wars thing i've got for this brilliant thread but the posting box doesn't let me even post an icon. I've sent a message to the complaints thread awhile back but recieved no reply. Too bad because i was going to post images on my latest Tardis Build that no other forum has seen.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:11 pm

masterkhan wrote:
Sorry Scary, I Would've posted pcs from every S/Wars thing i've got for this brilliant thread but the posting box doesn't let me even post an icon. I've sent a message to the complaints thread awhile back but recieved no reply. Too bad because i was going to post images on my latest Tardis Build that no other forum has seen.

Oh, that's a bummer. You sure your internet isn't missing a Java Script plug-in/add-on or something?

scratch
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 pm

No, the other sites i have no problems. But i like alot of the topics and nice guys like you and Ronpur,RDKS,Jacknight etc, so i'm still sticking around.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 am

Perhaps if you just paste and post the URL to the images/videos and people can click them that way? Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures   Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:26 pm

My Landspeeder arrived today! Love it to bits!

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1450010

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1450011

There's a bit of damage as can be seen below but I bought it to play with anyway so I don't mind too much. Razz

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1450012

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures - Page 5 S1450013

Here's my review of it:

Back to top Go down

Vintage Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars Figures
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next