10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Dapol is of course no where near the standards of today, but then again neither are the Kenner Star Wars figures any comparison to modern Hasbro products... But I still love them.

I'm just getting into collecting Dapol figures. I want some for my Star Wars stuff and so I might as well get as many as the different figures that I can. I'll be posting pictures of new acquisitions in this thread. Smile

I only have one Dapol figure thus far and that is the 4th Doctor. He's pretty cool and goes nicely in my Falcon alongside Han, Luke, Chewie and the rest. Cool

I made this unboxing video of it when it arrived and did a brief review:

Also, found this really good link on AFT. It gives a nice bio of Dapol's history and there's individual reviews for each figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sQIXhM9cc

Anyway, as I said, more to come from this thread... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 pm

I'll post my Dapol figure images soon. The Master is my fave. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Yay! Dapol love! Razz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am

My favorites are both the Silurians, both Sontarans, Ice Warrior, Cyberman, Tetrap, and (naturally) my all-time favorite Dapol is the Sea Devil.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 am

After I got him, Melkur was my fave. Now if they had made a Zygon, I might have a diffrerent opinion. I also like that the Dapol sea devils have the right color vests!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:25 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
After I got him, Melkur was my fave.

Ahhhh...I wish I had him. One of the few non-Daleks I don't have.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 am

If you look up Batmanmarch on Youtube, you'll see his 4 or 5 videos on Dapol, from the Doctor, to the Daleks and everything in between, he goes into some real detailed stuff.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

You might like to see that i've two 'signed' Bakers and the catalogue with the sadly unreleased 'Whomoble' on my Who collection thread. I remember back in 87' i bought my first Dapol figure and that was the Seventh Doctor, i loved the look of it in his packaging and decided that i'm gonna keep this sealed. My next was K-9 then Mel and then my favourite, the Tardis. I remember waiting ages for that one to be released and i'm sure that's when i noticed the Big playset. Sadly i couldn't afford it then but the Tardis was the best thing i wanted. I didn't collect the whole line, i stopped after getting 'Ace'. There was a Dr Who small merchandise exhibition
at the Museum Of Childhood and Sophie Aldred was there for signing and taking photos. There was a Tardis and a cyberman there too. I got a smacking kiss and signed Dapol figure from her on that eventful day. Then came the other Dr figures and famous monsters that i thought was unusual at the time for i thought dapol had finished their 'Who' line. But i was doing my 'highers' exams during that time
and gave up collecting for a long while. Mind you i was even more suprised when they had the rights to reproduce those 'Marx' 60s' Daleks and glady bought that for i only had the gorgeous 70's one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Here is my small collection of Dapol "Marx" friction drive Daleks

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures Daleks-1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

A Small part of my Dapol Collection - these are what I have on display - No room for everything.

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures Dapol_10

And the Millennium "Glitters" Daleks

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures Dapol510
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 pm

That's awesome guys!

Ogron, STUNNING collection! NICE!!

My Ice Warrior came today all the way from the 'Whoosier Whovian Residence'. Razz

Here he is!

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470010

Here's his gun... Fits tightly in his hand too! It's actually kinda a pain to get it back out his hand. Laughing

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470011

And his sonic-blaster-thingy... something CO forgot!

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470012

The only bad part about him is that he has red lips?

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470013

Anyway, really like him! Thanks again Whoosier! Awesome sauce! Cool

Spoiler:

Last edited by Scary on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:57 am

Love the "spoiler bonus" Scary! Hilarious as always! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:01 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Love the "spoiler bonus" Scary! Hilarious as always! Laughing

Thank you SeaDevil! Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 am

My Master and Cyberman arrived from Kngfu today! Thanks mate! Very Happy
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470023

The Master is really cool and menacing. Of course, it's nothing against CO's Delgado Master but for it's time I think the hair and beard are quite detailed! He's a pretty simple figure, no accessories, but still I can see a lot of play value in him, although his hand is shaped to hold something... Anyone know if he was supposed to have an accessory that Dapol decided not to include in the end?
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470024

The Cyberman is my favourite yet, he's just so cool and I can't wait to army build him!
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470025

The head sculpt has some nice detail but he seems to look very anxious and afraid. Laughing
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470026

Lovely detail on the body and chest, really cool - especially for its time!
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470027

The back is just as detailed, if not more. Loving all the pipes and such. Is that his liver I can see? Razz
Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures S1470028

Excellent figures indeed! Thanks again Kngfu!! Very Happy

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 am

Hee hee! Laughing Another goodin'!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 am

Hahahha! Great bonus there Scary!What other figures are you hoping to get? The Pink Mel Bush? Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks SeaDevil! Very Happy

Thanks Camp. Razz Well I have a 3rd Doctor in the post to me from Digby, but after that I'm hoping to get a 7th Doctor, Ace, Davros, some Daleks, more Cybermen, a Sontaran and a Silurian. If I get Mel then she'll probably be bullied by my other figures. Razz
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

What about the 'Double Hand' Davros, don't worry it's one of those defect releases.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm

masterkhan wrote:
What about the 'Double Hand' Davros, don't worry it's one of those defect releases.

I might if I see one at a good price, but one Davros will be enough for me. Cool
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Scary wrote:
one Davros will be enough for me. Cool

...wish someone would've told CO that...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Scary wrote:
one Davros will be enough for me. Cool

...wish someone would've told CO that...

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Good luck on those Daleks, Scary. There are a blue million different ones of them and they all go for waaaay to much. Around here, anyway. Which is why I only have one.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Good luck on those Daleks, Scary. There are a blue million different ones of them and they all go for waaaay to much. Around here, anyway. Which is why I only have one.

I'm already negotiating deals here on the forum for a handful of them. I'm looking to army build the Imperial Daleks... And then I might go for the black or grey Daleks that look sort of renegade-esque. Cool
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:11 pm

C/O released a different Davros each time, okay they were tweaked up but at least they showed their differences. Imagine the difference for a Davros fan having to pay more to get a 'customised version' rather than released version.
The same i would say about Daleks and Leela, etc. I know people are moaning about the figs being released repeatedly like Leela and Peri but if they are altered for how they appeared differently then i wouldn't complain.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures   Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

the green k9 dapol is my favorite- anyone have any picts?
Back to top Go down

Vintage Dapol Doctor Who Figures
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next